What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
From what I noticed his teleport was very unsafe, I hope that isn't the case but it seems to track the opponent and put him close, I hope it can be location controlled: far, med and close.
It's definitely going to be punishable and just a flat out teleport.

Like Scorpion's teleport, it has the purpose of being used on reaction to slow startup/recovery projectiles like Sub Zero's Ice Ball. It'll still be a super strong tool, especially because it goes into a full combo.

It basically makes it so, like Scorpion, you just can't reliably zone Noob.
(which is great imho)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Were back baby

Also, haven't seen it mentioned: his upknee looks like it's back but as an AA projectile (1:00). Looks like it could still have a lot of corner combo potential like in MK9
Shit dude i read your posts yesterday and didnt even realise it was you whats up!!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
In case nobody seen this yet I'm posting Max's video on Noob. He has an in depth look at Noobs moves and slows down the animations frame by frame which gives a better understanding of the moves and thier applications:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Going from all of that, my prediction is that Noob is gonna be one of the more meter-dependent characters if he wants to pull off combos outside of his zoning game. As awesome as that combo was, it still will cost 2 bars of meter to pull off. We also don't know anything yet about his frame data. His zoning game is so good, though (that low Klone, especially), that he can pretty much just wait it out until the meter refills.

As much as I really don't look forward to having to face this guy, I'm also possibly considering looking at giving him a shot myself.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think he will be an anti zoner more than a spamboy himself

^^^This^^^

I think he'll have the opportunity to zone a little bit, but realistically for him to have that teleport in his base moveset AND have the opportunity to have that wicked fast and huge anti-air, it'd just be too much if he could also zone amazingly like Skarlet.

He'll definitely be anti-zone and will be able to zone people who have to crawl in, but he won't specialize in zoning imo.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think he'll be a nice hybrid zoner. That low clone is fast as fuck, and it knocks down. His anti air clone looks vicious too. It seems like it could be a great threat for locking someone down while you close the distance.
Nice input. I do want to see the frame data on his projectiles, teleport and normals before I know what is applicable styles are. Along with the slot system limiting what we can have could also dictate what Noob Saibot will be.

I'm hoping he is a up close and personal character with anti-zoning toolkit. Either that or a jack of all trades build but again I need to see the data.

If I had to narrow down my favorite move of his it would have to be Spirit Ball (disable block/specials projectile) not sure if he has it or if that was a throw? Even if Noob was weaker in offensive moves and frame data on normals having the capability to stop blocking would be all he needed to get his damage. I'd be fine with just no block for "X" amount of time.
My second most wanted move is definitely that teleport to non hitting projectile. Very strong. My brother noticed something I missed and pointed out the teleport move to purple projectile seemed to not work if blocked? Not sure but interesting if true.

Teleport is absolutely essential for counter zoning especially with walking game like this.

Low clone is absolutely awesome, max shows it was 13 frame from start to hit almost full screen. That is awesome fast.

Up knee clone was fast and Meterable which is absolutely strong and I love it.

Does anyone have info on his Disable projectile?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Going from all of that, my prediction is that Noob is gonna be one of the more meter-dependent characters if he wants to pull off combos outside of his zoning game. As awesome as that combo was, it still will cost 2 bars of meter to pull off. We also don't know anything yet about his frame data. His zoning game is so good, though (that low Klone, especially), that he can pretty much just wait it out until the meter refills.

As much as I really don't look forward to having to face this guy, I'm also possibly considering looking at giving him a shot myself.
I agree with your claim that Noob will require meter in this game in order to carry his opponents to the corner, but I'm fine with that. It's fair. To be effective with Noob players will need to be able to manage their resources fairly well; however, I can see situations where we will exhaust our resources to get our opponent to where we want them to be, then not having any resources to do extended corner combos to close of the game. This is all speculation on my end. He looks like an expanded version of his MK9 build.

^^^This^^^

I think he'll have the opportunity to zone a little bit, but realistically for him to have that teleport in his base moveset AND have the opportunity to have that wicked fast and huge anti-air, it'd just be too much if he could also zone amazingly like Skarlet.

He'll definitely be anti-zone and will be able to zone people who have to crawl in, but he won't specialize in zoning imo.
He's always had up knee and tele-slam. He's a zoner and tele-slam is his anti-zoning tool. He's built similar to Sagat from street fighter. A zoner that has good normals to defend himself up close once the opponent gets in which will allow him to push them back and continue with zoning. He's not an anti-zoner.

Was really looking forward to playing him. But unfortunately he is looking too awesome right now. I hate mirrors with a passion and i fear he will be top 3 most played characters online. I will still try him out but if i face a Noob every other match i am dropping him for someone more obscure. Maybe Kano lol. Nobody likes Kano right?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Was really looking forward to playing him. But unfortunately he is looking too awesome right now. I hate mirrors with a passion and i fear he will be top 3 most played characters online. I will still try him out but if i face a Noob every other match i am dropping him for someone more obscure. Maybe Kano lol. Nobody likes Kano right?
That's my fear also but honestly, considering the rest of the cast is quite boring, I have a feeling hes going to be top 3 used

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My pants are still full of hype.

I wonder what his story is gonna be...

I mean, given that MK games have been teasing at Chaosrealm since it was the main room online in MK9, I don't think there's been even a mention of it in the unfolding stories since (except the comics, I think? I didn't read all of them).

So I'm crossing my spooky fingers that history repeats itself so this man and his shadow steal the show. Because that damn Chaosrealm is where Noob goes and turns from Still Slightly Bi-Han into the full blown Wraith you see now.
Plus, and this is a tiny detail but I still count it...in Deception, in Konquest, your first MK experience anywhere outside the three already established realms is? Going to the Graveyard to fight Noob Saibot.

So it wouldn't be a stretch to hope that's where he came out on the other end of the Soulnado, and my bois will once again be our introduction to the realm of Chaos.

Rant over, carry on.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I still cant get over how MK9 he is,absolutely love it. A quick breakdown of moves in the order they appear in the trailer:

- starts off with a new B34 low starter
- classic teleslam back. Hooks you from behind instead of a suplex.
- 112 knockdown string, ends in overhead
- 212 string back and is a krushing blow, requirement unknown though. 1st hit is also the klone now and the 2nd hit is the klone hooking you in closer
- B4 sweep with the sickle, not the craziest range just looks ok
- U2 wake up hits in an arc with the sickle
- Noob follows up the U2 with some sort of ghost push move. Really hoping this is a new special ala Zod palm that can be used to be either safe on block or act as a combo ender that could be amplified to banish them to the shadow realm in some way like Zods mb push ender. No mb was shown, just what Im hoping for to have a nice swag ender
- New air sickle toss that lets him teleport behind you into a launcher? Crazy new move
- 21 ghost ball, hard to tell if ghost ball is still a projectile or close range move only. Hoping it is a slow projectile like a forceball but with slow start up. 21 a potential restand with the hook?
- Swag forward throw with portals
- New jumping dive klone
- normal S3, leaves standing
- this next part i have no idea what is going on. It looks like the klone is doing the slide special but if you compare it to later when Noob throws out a raw slide klone from a distance the animation Noob does is completely different so this looks like a ridiculous low button with the klone as he follows it up with a sickle hit into side switch krushing blow. Insane
- Next part on the Cyber initiative stage it looks like the new B1 string. Does not start with the klone now but alternates between the 2. Looks like the new inpit will be B1212 instead of B1214. Ends in a klone uppercut now
- Up klone boiz. Looks like it does not hit as low to the ground and will be easier to low poke but Noob still ducks down low so 10/10 anti air still
- MK9 running klone back, hits you with the sickle on mb
- Now on the SF stage, S4 or U3 or something like triborg that launches and is cancellable. MK9 corner combos with up klone all day with this
- MB teleslam launches now, absolutely filthy, could be a gear move
- this whole combo looks like S4xx teleslam, B1212 MB, B34. B1212 now a MB string
- MK9 low klone knocks down now
- Running klone a krushing blow if you catch them fullscreen like Scorp spear?
- Swag back throw with the klone
- Ends in 113 that leaves them standing csncelled into Fatal blow
Where are you getting his MK11 notation from?

Play who you like. Don't worry if everyone else is using the character. You just have to use the character right and you'll stand out in a sea of Saibots with no issue.

Mirror matches are always good to learn. Noob Saibot mirror matches in MK9 were always about patience and reacting to what your opponent does. Anytime I saw a clone thrown I would tele-slam, try to get a string in, push them away, then react to their plays all over again. You force them to stop playing Noob's main gameplan due to the tools you possess to react to your own gameplan. This will make them play in an unorthodox manner. From there you capitalize and get the W. It will probably be the same thing this time around given Noob's gameplay reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Where are you getting his MK11 notation from?

Play who you like. Don't worry if everyone else is using the character. You just have to use the character right and you'll stand out in a sea of Saibots with no issue.

Mirror matches are always good to learn. Noob Saibot mirror matches in MK9 were always about patience and reacting to what your opponent does. Anytime I saw a clone thrown I would tele-slam, try to get a string in, push them away, then react to their plays all over again. You force them to stop playing Noob's main gameplan due to the tools you possess to react to your own gameplan. This will make them play in an unorthodox manner. From there you capitalize and get the W. It will probably be the same thing this time around given Noob's gameplay reveal trailer.
I am assuming inputs based on returning string inputs and new strings based on how they hit and with what limbs

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Will the running shadow be an OH like in mk9????????????
It's unclear whether running shadow is an overhead or mid, because both Sonya and Raiden did not attempt to block it in the trailer; however, I'd assume so given the speed of running shadow has been reduced in contrast to Noob's running shadow in MK9, and that was an overhead.

Reactions: jmt

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
In regards to the running man being on overhead or not. I kinda got the sense that once the shadow takes the sickle out it becomes an OH but before that it is a high. Just pure speculation on this one.

Reactions: jmt

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I would assume mid, overhead projectile with a hitbox that big in this game when he has a low option? Would be stupid cheap and take all skill away from the character

The real question is with the switch away from ex specials to delayed mb style can the klones be amplified on block?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I would assume mid, overhead projectile with a hitbox that big in this game when he has a low option? Would be stupid cheap and take all skill away from the character
In MK9, Noob had an overhead shadow tackle and a low shadow slide and he was still bottom 5. Granted, MK11 is more neutral and footsies focused, so an overhead shadow may perform better in this game; however, I doubt it will be "cheap" and take away the skill necessary to play the character. For one you should consider how fast shadow tackle comes out in contrast to the slide. Tackle takes longer to reach the other side of the screen. It occupies space which is good, but it will be readable if you just throw it out there consistently without thinking. You're to have to use it wisely, otherwise they can jump in at the right time, avoid the shadow tackle, then be closer to you.

You should also consider the fact that he appears to be reliant on meter if you want to carry your opponent to the corner, which is a point @lionheart21 made earlier on this page. Managing your resources will make or break games for us. We're going to have to make proper predictions with how certain parts of the match will play out in order to make the decisions whether to spend the meter to further push our opponent into the corner or to save it and spend the meter to get damage in the corner.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Having fast overhead and low projectiles would ruin the entire mid range footsie point of the game.

Also I have no idea how you are getting that he is meter reliant from a single trailer let alone using that made up weakness as a justification for longe range neutral ruining mix ups whenever he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.