What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob Saibot's gameplay was revealed in the recent Kombat Kast. They showed off his two preset variations.

Kombat Kast episode #7 - Kollector, Noob Saibot and Erron Black

16-Bit showcased Noob using these three moves prior to showing his load outs for Noob, so it's safe to assume that these are some of his core special moves. Keep in mind 16-bit's load outs may not be Noob's final variations at launch. I'm posting them here for discussion purposes.

• Running Shadow - Was confirmed to not be an overhead. Comes out a little slower than it did in MK9, but it does occupy a lot of space, so the change is good.

• Shadow Slide - This moves appears to be just as fast as it was in MK9.

• Teleport Slam - Same as in MK9, but now it can be amplified to cause a pop up; however, it looks like the move recovers before you can do anything, so it's undetermined if we can combo off of it. Also, the animation of the amplified Teleport Slam has changed since his reveal trailer.

• Shadow Upknee - Same as in MK9, but the angle it shoots out towards seems to be more acute, which in my opinion is better. There was a situation in MK9 where his Shadow Upknee animation looked as though it would be able to hit the opponent at a specific point in the air; however, the hitbox placement was different, so the move looked deceiving.

Dead of Night
This variation focuses on his zoning tools from MK9 and adds some new ones into the mix. Here is what they showed off:
  • Shadow Divekick - This looks like Sub-Zero's divekick from Injustice 2. Nice little projectile we can use as an empty jump tool.
  • Ghostball - It's the same move from MK9, but the properties of the move have changed. This time around instead of it reversing the opponents input direction it drains both their offensive and defensive meter. That is huge! If we can find ways to end combos with it it will gives us the upper hand in the match! The other thing is that it's unblockable. Yes. You read that correctly. Unblockable! It's a slow move and you can't zone with it, but if we can condition our opponent while we stay within the range of midscreen to sweep range and make them afraid to jump then we could potentially throw this out. Recovery seems slow, too, so I'll probably just stick to ending with it in combos.

2) Bi-Han's Wrath - This variation seems to be more of an aggressive style of play. Looks interesting. Here is what they showed off:
  • Sickle Snag - It's an anti-air grab that when amplified becomes a combo extender. It's a nice substitute for his teleport. Can be comboed into.

• Sickle Overhead - The clone can be sent to different points on the screen. When used the clone leaves the screen once it moves past the health bars, then comes down onto the opponent. When amplified can pop the opponent up. This move does not track.

• Sickle Teleport - Noob throws his sickle from the air behind his opponent. Noob will teleport to the sickles location. When the move is amplified Noob will pop the opponent up.

Credit goes to @LawAbidingCitizen for the gifs of Noob's special moves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did anyone else watch the Kombat Kast? I'm sure y'all did. If so, what are your thoughts!?

I for one am excited to get my hands on Noob. I'll be hitting the lab and provide and information I find with the character. I'll be focusing my attention on his Dead of Night variation since that's the one i'll be maining; however, I will spend time on Bi-Han's Wrath, too.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Dead of Night main right here!

I loved everything about it! Time to switch the avatar! Any good screencaps of noob??

I don’t think Dead of Night and Bi Han’s Wrath are actually the preset variations and their respective names. Haven’t you watched the previous Kombat Kasts? Kabal had a variation named 7:3)) and the moves that are in this variation are just what Steve chose for them. They haven’t shown one preset variation that would be fixed in the competitive mode.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Dead of Night main right here!

I loved everything about it! Time to switch the avatar! Any good screencaps of noob??

If you're into dope cosplays.

I don’t think Dead of Night and Bi Han’s Wrath are actually the preset variations and their respective names. Haven’t you watched the previous Kombat Kasts? Kabal had a variation named 7:3)) and the moves that are in this variation are just what Steve chose for them. They haven’t shown one preset variation that would be fixed in the competitive mode.
I'm going by what they showed off in the Kombat Kast. It could be just names they made or presets they made for the Kast, but I posted it for discussion purposes. My mistake, @legion666.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
16 Bit still just saying "I equipped this" so I cant even bank on those being the tournament variations but if they are its the enhanced MK9 version free.

Also running klone is not a damn overhead lmao. They specifically said he doesnt have ranged overheads and that shit would be the scrubbiest move in the game combined with his lows if it was.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
His amplified tele slam in dead of night isnt doesnt pop up for a combo. But Noob looks fucking crazy!! Im curious to see what they did with his black holes.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Bi-Han's Wrath - This variation seems to be more of an aggressive style of play. Looks interesting. Here is what they showed off:
  • Sickle Snag - It's an anti-air grab that when amplified becomes a combo extender. It's a nice substitute for his teleport.
  • Sickle Overhead - The clone can be sent to different points on the screen. When used the clone leaves the screen once it moves past the health bars, then comes down onto the opponent. When amplified can pop the opponent up. This move does not track.
  • Sickle Teleport - Noob throws his sickle from the air behind his opponent. Noob will teleport to the sickles location. When the move is amplified Noob will pop the opponent up.
Good shit man. Thanks for breaking that down for everyone!

Maybe we can get some gifs of each move to show visual of it.

I'm definitely interested in the Bi-hans Wrath variation more because I'm more geared towards rushdown than zoning but I'm also a trap artists and defensive punish player so I may be looking at his Zoning var as well, I hope we get good variations and not mismatched presents in ranked/tourneys.

That unblockable White spell Ghost Ball. I'm wondering if he will have another version that disables special moves or blocking?
I'm sure he has special moves that wasn't displayed.

Idc if it's slow as molasses. An unblockable projectile that drains meter! That's awesome.

One thing I noticed is his low slide is not full screen.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
My boy is back! Super excited for Noob in this game, looks like he will fit like a glove.

If/when we get customs in tournament he is gonna be real mean. Imagine unblockable ghost ball, so then the opponent doesn't have breakaway, with a full combo launcher equipped! Delicious.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
More of a fan of the Bi-Han's Wrath style. I hope a more aggressive, combo based style will be viable with him, because I love Noob as a character but I don't enjoy zoning heavy playstyles too much.

That Ghostball looks like a great fit for an offensive variation though, since it keeps opponents from using air escape if you manage to hit them with a combo right afterwards. I'm really excited to test the possibilities with this move.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
His B3 low klone button is absurdly good looking. Not to mention he has a side switch off it. You start to back him to the corner then get clipped with a no hurt box low and now he has the whole stage length to work with again

Hitoshura

Head Cage
So did I. I also could have sworn that I saw EX teleport pop up for a combo.
Yes. I just noticed something about Ex teleport. They changed it from the reveal trailer.

Noob's original amplified teleslam

The originals amplified animation shows Noob hooking onto the opponent, then slamming then through an open portal. The opponent would fall through a series of portal while Noob simultaneously enters recovery. Noob seems to recover before the opponent bounces of the ground which allows him to combo his opponent into the anti-air move Sickle Slam that was shown off in Bi-Han's Wrath, but is amplified again for another bounce in order to further extend the como. However, amplified teleslam is different in the Kombat Kast.

Noob's amplified teleslam in the kombat kast

In the kombat kast, Noob does an amplified teleslam, but the animation had changed. Instead of Noob throwing the opponent through a series of portals like he did in the trailer Noob instead snags onto his opponent and goes through the portals with him, then slams them on the ground. The body still bounces; however, Noob seems to be entering recovery after the body has bounced. I don't want to say you can't combo into it anymore, but by the looks of it we may not be able to, or timing maybe tight. We'll know for certain when the game comes out.

@legion666 mentioned that these may not be the preset variations for competitive play based off previous Kombat Kasts. I'm not a consistent viewer of the kast, so I had no knowledge of what legion said until today. There is a possibility that there are multiple versions of teleslam in the movelist.

If these somehow ends up being the variations for Noob or close to it then I could also see that move properties changed based on which variation one chooses to use ontop of different moves given to a character. If that's the case then NRS put in time into changing up variations and this was a way to show off what they could possibly be like since their announcement of the rules on variations in competitive play.

It can also be that they changed the amplified teleport and the reveal trailer was just using moves from an older build.

Just two and a half weeks left. Then we'll all know for sure what his variations and tools characters will have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good shit man. Thanks for breaking that down for everyone!

Maybe we can get some gifs of each move to show visual of it.

I'm definitely interested in the Bi-hans Wrath variation more because I'm more geared towards rushdown than zoning but I'm also a trap artists and defensive punish player so I may be looking at his Zoning var as well, I hope we get good variations and not mismatched presents in ranked/tourneys.

That unblockable White spell Ghost Ball. I'm wondering if he will have another version that disables special moves or blocking?
I'm sure he has special moves that wasn't displayed.
Thank you, man. No problem. I love this character and want to contribute to the Saibot community as much as I can when MK11 drops.

I don't know how to make gifs unfortunately, but if you do, or anyone else on the forums does then that would be a most generous contribution for the community.

I hope his variations do match what we saw on release, or at least close to it.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yes. I just noticed something about Ex teleport. They changed it from the reveal trailer.

Noob's original amplified teleslam

The originals amplified animation shows Noob hooking onto the opponent, then slamming then through an open portal. The opponent would fall through a series of portal while Noob simultaneously enters recovery. Noob seems to recover before the opponent bounces of the ground which allows him to combo his opponent into the anti-air move Sickle Slam that was shown off in Bi-Han's Wrath, but is amplified again for another bounce in order to further extend the como. However, amplified teleslam is different in the Kombat Kast.

Noob's amplified teleslam in the kombat kast

In the kombat kast, Noob does an amplified teleslam, but the animation had changed. Instead of Noob throwing the opponent through a series of portals like he did in the trailer Noob instead snags onto his opponent and goes through the portals with him, then slams them on the ground. The body still bounces; however, Noob seems to be entering recovery after the body has bounced. I don't want to say you can't combo into it anymore, but by the looks of it we may not be able to, or timing maybe tight. We'll know for certain when the game comes out.

@legion666 mentioned that these may not be the preset variations for competitive play based off previous Kombat Kasts. I'm not a consistent viewer of the kast, so I had no knowledge of what legion said until today. There is a possibility that there are multiple versions of teleslam in the movelist.

If these somehow ends up being the variations for Noob or close to it then I could also see that move properties changed based on which variation one chooses to use ontop of different moves given to a character. If that's the case then NRS put in time into changing up variations and this was a way to show off what they could possibly be like since their announcement of the rules on variations in competitive play.

It can also be that they changed the amplified teleport and the reveal trailer was just using moves from an older build.

Just two and a half weeks left. Then we'll all know for sure what his variations and tools characters will have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, man. No problem. I love this character and want to contribute to the Saibot community as much as I can when MK11 drops.

I don't know how to make gifs unfortunately, but if you do, or anyone else on the forums does then that would be a most generous contribution for the community.

I hope his variations do match what we saw on release, or at least close to it.
Its probably just a custom move that makes ex tele launch and they just didnt show it off today. There are plenty of character trailers that showed moves that werent in their breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.