What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I need to know if he has dedicated portals or if those are just part of his amplified teleport?
His trailer didn't show a single portal move. It may not be in this game, unless it's a variation and the trailer was just all of noobs core tools. I doubt it's the latter to be honest.

...his upknee looks like it's back but as an AA projectile (1:00). Looks like it could still have a lot of corner combo potential like in MK9
Upknee could always be used as an anti-air tool in MK9. I'm sure it will have combo potential in the corner; however, nothing like MK9 since MK11's combos are much smaller this time around. I see he still has his standing 3, so I'm assuming extending combos in the corner are going to involve stings that lead into what maye look like this: MB Upknee, standing 3, MB upknee, standing 3, upknee, and maybe a string that ends in either upknee, run, or slide.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Upknee could always be used as an anti-air tool in MK9. I'm sure it will have combo potential in the corner; however, nothing like MK9 since MK11's combos are much smaller this time around. I see he still has his standing 3, so I'm assuming extending combos in the corner are going to involve stings that lead into what maye look like this: MB Upknee, standing 3, MB upknee, standing 3, upknee, and maybe a string that ends in either upknee, run, or slide.
Yeah that would feel so much like the old noob combos. I hope upknee has a MB option, didn't see one in the trailer and this game seems a bit finicky with what I saw in the stress test.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ok NRS, this is a character, THIS is how you build up hype!

Noob Saibot is now officially in my top 3 favorite characters. Thank you! Everything about this character, from looks to fatality is a big fat 11 out of 10. FLAWLESS PERFECTLY! Really hope Kollector, Erron, D'Vorah, Cetrion and Frost will give me the same WOW factor.

I will even forgive you for not putting rain in, I mean Mk12 should now really have Sindel, Rain, Tanya, Sektor and Havik right?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yeah that would feel so much like the old noob combos. I hope upknee has a MB option, didn't see one in the trailer and this game seems a bit finicky with what I saw in the stress test.
I'm sure there will be a MB option for upknee. Remember, the stress test was meant to test the netplay for MK11. They used an old build for the game, so there may be more MB option for characters in the final build of the game.

What sucks is, I had no intention of playing noob because in my head I was thinking "corny and expected, everyone's going to play the cool noob saibot, there will be noob saibots everywhere and it won't be fun or special playing him now". Basically I knew everyone is going to have him as a main (a legit main, not like how ran some pick scorp) which made me not want to play him. But he was even cooler than I thought so now he's in my pool of characters lol

stokedAF

casual kahnage
He looks great move and combo wise. I don’t what’s up with the old monk priest headgear but he still looks sick and a lot of fun. The voice will take some time to get used to but I got both of my wishlist characters in one day so I can’t complain about that shit anymore lol. Noob, Shao and Shang are the best villains imo. I’m glad they are a part of the story.

So the yellow belt thingy across Saibot’s (Noob’s Shadow’s) torso is really to remind us about Kano? I mean how noob was a blacked out version of Kano in MK3. I hope they make Shadow customization options that will give throw backs to noob’s previous looks like just black pallet swap ninja, black version of Kano, black version of Scorpion, just literal shadow without any details, etc.
And as I have already mentioned somewhere Smoke, Cyber Smoke, and Ice klone are a must have versions of the kistomizable Shadow)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
He looks great move and combo wise. I don’t what’s up with the old monk priest headgear but he still looks sick and a lot of fun. The voice will take some time to get used to but I got both of my wishlist characters in one day so I can’t complain about that shit anymore lol. Noob, Shao and Shang are the best villains imo. I’m glad they are a part of the story.
Quan Chi and Shinnok are amazing too, the MKX writers just did a bad job with them.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
MKX was the first time I liked Quan Chi. Seeing him vulnerable for the first time since he was created actually gave him some more character. Him trying to reason with Scorpion with his dying breath was one of the best scenes in Story Mode imo.

"MY NAME, IS HANZO HASASHI!"

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
MKX was the first time I liked Quan Chi. Seeing him vulnerable for the first time since he was created actually gave him some more character. Him trying to reason with Scorpion with his dying breath was one of the best scenes in Story Mode imo.

"MY NAME, IS HANZO HASASHI!"
That was a very good scene, too bad for the Sonya ballbusting one. As a Quan Chi fan I felt that.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
It's a shame Quan Chi isn't around to interact with Noob. Or any of his other revenants. That would've made for some good intro dialogue

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I still cant get over how MK9 he is,absolutely love it. A quick breakdown of moves in the order they appear in the trailer:

- starts off with a new B34 low starter
- classic teleslam back. Hooks you from behind instead of a suplex.
- 112 knockdown string, ends in overhead
- 212 string back and is a krushing blow, requirement unknown though. 1st hit is also the klone now and the 2nd hit is the klone hooking you in closer
- B4 sweep with the sickle, not the craziest range just looks ok
- U2 wake up hits in an arc with the sickle
- Noob follows up the U2 with some sort of ghost push move. Really hoping this is a new special ala Zod palm that can be used to be either safe on block or act as a combo ender that could be amplified to banish them to the shadow realm in some way like Zods mb push ender. No mb was shown, just what Im hoping for to have a nice swag ender
- New air sickle toss that lets him teleport behind you into a launcher? Crazy new move
- 21 ghost ball, hard to tell if ghost ball is still a projectile or close range move only. Hoping it is a slow projectile like a forceball but with slow start up. 21 a potential restand with the hook?
- Swag forward throw with portals
- New jumping dive klone
- normal S3, leaves standing
- this next part i have no idea what is going on. It looks like the klone is doing the slide special but if you compare it to later when Noob throws out a raw slide klone from a distance the animation Noob does is completely different so this looks like a ridiculous low button with the klone as he follows it up with a sickle hit into side switch krushing blow. Insane
- Next part on the Cyber initiative stage it looks like the new B1 string. Does not start with the klone now but alternates between the 2. Looks like the new inpit will be B1212 instead of B1214. Ends in a klone uppercut now
- Up klone boiz. Looks like it does not hit as low to the ground and will be easier to low poke but Noob still ducks down low so 10/10 anti air still
- MK9 running klone back, hits you with the sickle on mb
- Now on the SF stage, S4 or U3 or something like triborg that launches and is cancellable. MK9 corner combos with up klone all day with this
- MB teleslam launches now, absolutely filthy, could be a gear move
- this whole combo looks like S4xx teleslam, B1212 MB, B34. B1212 now a MB string
- MK9 low klone knocks down now
- Running klone a krushing blow if you catch them fullscreen like Scorp spear?
- Swag back throw with the klone
- Ends in 113 that leaves them standing csncelled into Fatal blow

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think the real question is what specials are part of his core moveset.
That will really dictate what kind of a CORE character he is.

I'm going to assume that that anti-projectile teleport is going to be part of his core moveset at the very least.
That means that, like Scorpion, throwing projectiles vs him is going to be a huge risk unless the projectile has some seriously good recovery.

The more "you won't be able to properly zone me" characters that come out, the better imo. I want space control to be smarter in this game and I literally couldn't be happier.

I can't wait to stab this fucker as Kano.
From what I noticed his teleport was very unsafe, I hope that isn't the case but it seems to track the opponent and put him close, I hope it can be location controlled: far, med and close.

What I want is that spirit/ghost ball that prevented the opponent from blocking and using special moves. That would be the ultimate anti zoning tool aside from Jade and her purple aura.

As for base moves I'd like:
1. the move that throws the object and teleports noon to the location of the object.
2. Up knee

3. Spirit Ball

4. Teleport

I'm very interested in what moves we get base and what moves we can slot together.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Im not sure about inputs but that string that gets amplified looks likes it will replace MK9 Noob's B1214 string as my new favorite.

In MK9 his B1 led with his shadow. This was a mid. If you look at the trailer the animation looks like a mid starter and then the second hit is the hook grab. That might be like a B1 2+4 input with the B1 hard cancellable only. Either way this and his low starter (looks like B34) seem to be his main footsie tools.

Unfortunately B34 looks like it might have a gap and the second hit is a high. Hopefully raw B3 and B1 have solid frame data to stagger and keep the opponents honest.

His toolkit is nuts. Im a little worried that his strings will mostly be unsafe and riddled with gaps to balance this.

Status
Not open for further replies.