What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Noob Saibot looks absolutely insane and will be my main for sure. (Unless Smoke makes it in at some point. Then Noob Saibot will become my co-main.)

Judging by some of his gameplay, can anyone say what archetype Noob Saibot might be? MK9 was a zoner with weak combo potential / damage, right? I have a hard time telling what MK11 Noob Saibot might be. He seems to have a bunch of tools. Balanced maybe?
Like every character that has a wide range of tools, it's dependant on how you gear him up. I have a feeling you can only have full zoning or full rushdown and maybe a mix that isn't to strong. But he won't have all if his tools in same variation.

Did I see it right in trailer?
I think I seen him transport and switch from Noob to Clones location like a teleport, I wonder if he has the option to send out clone and switch sides?
He looks great and I think everyone can customize him the way they like.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Like every character that has a wide range of tools, it's dependant on how you gear him up. I have a feeling you can only have full zoning or full rushdown and maybe a mix that isn't to strong. But he won't have all if his tools in same variation.

Did I see it right in trailer?
I think I seen him transport and switch from Noob to Clones location like a teleport, I wonder if he has the option to send out clone and switch sides?
He looks great and I think everyone can customize him the way they like.
I think that was the Amplified version of Air Shadow

babalook

Noob
Noob Saibot looks absolutely insane and will be my main for sure. (Unless Smoke makes it in at some point. Then Noob Saibot will become my co-main.)

Judging by some of his gameplay, can anyone say what archetype Noob Saibot might be? MK9 was a zoner with weak combo potential / damage, right? I have a hard time telling what MK11 Noob Saibot might be. He seems to have a bunch of tools. Balanced maybe?
With the whole variation system it's hard to tell but he definitely has a lot of anti-zoning potential with his TP and that air projectile. His strings seem pretty long too so stagger pressure and canceling strings with overheads into clone slide could give him some good offense on top of the two meter burn moves shown that cause a pop up to extend combos. I didn't see anything that really spoke to a strong zoning game though (no slow-moving projectiles or traps).

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I know I already mentioned but maybe one of you twitter folks can ask, but I really want to know who did Noob's voice in this game. When he first spoke I immediately thought of the english dubbed version of Kurama from Naruto who was done by Paul St. Peter. I love it. He's such an edgelord and it's glorious lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage
His Running Shadow looks slower than it was in MK9, unless I'm not remembering it correctly
It does look slower, but not by much. Maybe they increased the frames for how long the move is active for and lowered it's recover time in contrast to Mk9's shadow run recovery time?

What I think is cool is when you watch him use shadow run on Raiden the clone goes for the tackle a little bit before it reaches sweep distance. In MK9 the shadow run would tackle the opponent as soon as it came in contact with them. I wonder what this could mean for the properties of the move.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think the real question is what specials are part of his core moveset.
That will really dictate what kind of a CORE character he is.

I'm going to assume that that anti-projectile teleport is going to be part of his core moveset at the very least.
That means that, like Scorpion, throwing projectiles vs him is going to be a huge risk unless the projectile has some seriously good recovery.

The more "you won't be able to properly zone me" characters that come out, the better imo. I want space control to be smarter in this game and I literally couldn't be happier.

I can't wait to stab this fucker as Kano.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

I'm going to assume that that anti-projectile teleport is going to be part of his core moveset at the very least.
That means that, like Scorpion, throwing projectiles vs him is going to be a huge risk unless the projectile has some seriously good recovery.

The more "you won't be able to properly zone me" characters that come out, the better imo. I want space control to be smarter in this game and I literally couldn't be happier.

If I had a choice I would bet running klone, up klone, and teleslam are base. Slide klone, divekick seems more like custom moves

Hitoshura

Head Cage

His teleport slam has always been a core part of his moveset. It seems to be difficult to tell what moves may be part of his variants or his core kit based on this MK11 trailer. Seems that way for a lot of character reveals. Maybe the sickle teleport may be one? Maybe the ability to combo closer range right after a successful shadow slide, like he did against sub, will be a specific variation. We'll find out once this game drops.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
My Loyalty will always be with Smoke but starting today I'm a MK11 Noob main. I might as well say hi now.

As for his base moves. I think it will be Teleport, Running Man, and Slide.

I'm really curious to hear Noob's intro dialogues with Scorpion. Always found it strange that they never interacted with each other, despite both being resurrected by Quan Chi.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I’ll be maining him. I really hate the processing for his voice over though, sounds super corny
Seems to be a major complaint from most of the community, and rightfully so. I'm not crazy about the voice either; however, NRS has taken into consideration of the feedback for the game so far. I'm sure we may get a voice change in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.