What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I said he's probably the nicest person in the FGC. Not sure why you're riding this point. Did he hurt you in some way?
I'm just trying to offer some perspective, that maybe Dragon is just a dude and not a sinner or a saint. I said from my first reply I have nothing against him and don't agree with the hate. Trying to take this stance with someone like Skylight is a fool's folley though, and the counter argument of pros are gonna do whatever to win has been said a thousand times in this thread and a million times elsewhere.

Anyway, this site is very toxic at times (even though I said this THREAD was toxic for no reason). It didn't used to be this bad. Sorry not going to ignore the toxicity and hope it goes away. Calling people out on their unnecessarily asinine posts is better than wishing the problem away.
I don't disagree but I think in some instances a vocal group get lumped in with the lot and in other instances it's best to not perpetuate an "us vs them" situation. CrimsonShadow, Storms, and co. put in a lot of effort that I don't think should be written off as contributing to nothing better than a YouTube comment section.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Apologies if this has already been addressed - I didn't read all 15 pages of the thread. Knowing what we know now, do we still view NRS's decision to hold the balance patch until after Evo as a good thing?
I'd say yes. The biggest fear leading up to Evo was that the top 8 was going to be nothing but Black Adam and Aquaman. That never materialized, and there ended up being pretty good diversity.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I'd say yes. The biggest fear leading up to Evo was that the top 8 was going to be nothing but Black Adam and Aquaman. That never materialized, and there ended up being pretty good diversity.
The other side of that coin being that at least half the cast never made an appearance (anecdotal, not an actual quote). Several casual fighting game fans I talked to have said every time they turned on the broadcast they saw Aquaman rush rush rushing away and turned it off. In a way this seems like a damned if you do damned if you don't thing, but at this point I'm wondering if a hotfix to bump the lower tiers might have been a good stopgap.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
The other side of that coin being that at least half the cast never made an appearance (anecdotal, not an actual quote). Several casual fighting game fans I talked to have said every time they turned on the broadcast they saw Aquaman rush rush rushing away and turned it off. In a way this seems like a damned if you do damned if you don't thing, but at this point I'm wondering if a hotfix to bump the lower tiers might have been a good stopgap.
No, the whole point of holding a patch was for us to discover things out, a hotfix would ruin the whole idea since a small hotfix that includes changes that are purely for the balance alone is still a balance patch, and the whole idea would be ruined. The fact that Every time the community found a character and claimed it to be broken (Deadshot, Atro, Adam) only to discover later how to deal with it, that shows that the idea worked. Now Aqua is that character, and yes he might got through EVO, but just like the rest, people can find ways around him as well until the patch comes up.

So that was the right thing to do.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
There's always that arguement, but I feel that's just the nature of fighting games. Games are always going to have strong characters which show up disproportionately on stream or in finals. People learn who the strong characters are or what the strong strategy is during the current meta, and then a lot of people adopt that strategy until someone figures a way around it, and then everyone moves on to the next strong option.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I didn't want to comment on this thread anymore because it's full of trolls, gremlins & orges but what the hell I'm off work so...

I'm counting 7 Batmans, 5 of which that was the only character they played. I get he's not everywhere like people exaggerate but come on, dude.
There were nearly 900 people who competed. 900!!! There are 30 odd characters not including sub. 30. Odd. Characters.

Smh. Really? Really!? Come on man. Tsk.

I don't agree with the Dragon hate or discounting his win; however, it's a bit dubious to say someone that's extremely opinionated, has a history of downplaying, has been caught cheating, and opts to discuss the game in a twitter group rather than engage with the community here is the nicest person in the entire FGC. That's a big blanket statement that reaches even farther than the NRS community. You're not helping your point by using hyperbole. He doesn't do himself any favors in the popularity contest that is TYM.
Why should he? Posts like your and ridiculous stupid judgements like you and others are saying should/do/are keeping pros and others away. Great job. Keep it up. Let's see you post asking for help and someone shying away because you post things like this and except people to hold your hand at the same time. Good luck.

But it's a competition tho. I mean have people lost sight of this. They're there to win. They're there to compete. To do them. Not you or the crowds. Or the streams. They are either sponsored or paid there own way out of there own pockets for them to compete. I mean really. If half the roster or more for an example is not viable then that's just it. It's not viable to use a character your gonna lose with but "hey I made the streams monsters happy:confused:' Come on. This isn't a local or training. They're competing for what they worked hard for and trained for. Not you or me or adorable soft whiny baby thirsty fucbois in this thread. There doing it for them. Casuals should be happy to have a stream.

You guys like @Skylight1 and others need to chill. Your logic is assbackwards with a hole in front.

Be content. Learn from the pros. Copy paste be kool ask questions apply adapt take those losses breathe watch the streams and literally do it all over again.

Oh and @Johnny Based Cage don't be a dick. Blowing up a dude then calling it sarcasm is a bitch move.

Smh at this thread.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Apologies if this has already been addressed - I didn't read all 15 pages of the thread. Knowing what we know now, do we still view NRS's decision to hold the balance patch until after Evo as a good thing?
Yes. I support them waiting until after Starfire comes out, even.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
And the thing is we all already know NRs will be nerfing the top tiers next patch yet scrubs keep crying.... but as I said before once top tiers get nerfed other top tiers will rise and we will do this again till eternity.

It's a shame, such an fun solid game with the shittiest community in existence.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'd tell you to read the original post from ForeverKing so you could understand the context of my reply and not conflate my arguments, but that seems a bit beyond your capabilities.
I did. Oh no!!! He's off by 5!!! Here's your ass running off counting numbers to prove what an estimate is wrong?

I mean the logic to actually count the number of people using the character then post it to prove what exactly? Then your own post say he's not exactly everywhere which is the another point sensible well rounded people have said for 15 pages now just speaks volumes off....

Fuck it I'm done/

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
the shittiest community in existence.
You apparently haven't read Eventhubs (or r/kappa, which EH seems to be becoming more and more like) lately, lol.. We are nowhere near the depths of the public Capcom community :cool:

Not that this thread is great, but there were literally people saying that EVO Sunday was over after Tekken. That's how bad it's gotten in Ono-land.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
You apparently haven't read Eventhubs (or r/kappa, which EH seems to be becoming more and more like) lately, lol.. We are nowhere near the depths of the public Capcom community :cool:

Not that this thread is great, but there were literally people saying that EVO Sunday was over after Tekken. That's how bad it's gotten in Ono-land.
Well that game is horrible.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Okay, this drivel has ran its course. Keep your posts on topic and take any arguments you have with a specific person to a PM.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
When was this? He played Ivy throughout Pools and up until one match in top 18 where he got 0-2 and it forced him to go to Aquaman.
No, he mains aquaman. He benched ivy a while ago. Pools he ran aquaman. He actually likes aquaman.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well that game is horrible.
Lol -- you have to consider what people in 2017 consider a 'horrible' game though. The entire FGC is pretty spoiled right now, and used to having things handed to them on a silver platter from the dev.

SFV is better than a bunch of the games people heap praise on from the arcades.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I mean the logic to actually count the number of people using the character then post it to prove what exactly? Then your own post say he's not exactly everywhere which is the another point sensible well rounded people have said for 15 pages now just speaks volumes off....
Maybe it's to show that both sides of every argument going on in this thread are exaggerating shit and if someone takes a deep breath to stop REEEEEEing and look at easily presentable facts, like very public numbers from the latest tournament, any given person willing to be the slightest bit reasonable can see through the downplaying and demonizing. Or maybe it's because I'm a bitter shitter who is just jealous of everyone with success in a fighting game. Thank you for exiting the thread.