What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
What I'm saying is that when you're booing someone using a character, you're not booing the company who made the game/character but the character itself and/or the player. Not very hard to understand that.
i mean, its kind of both, but just saying you're right - whats your point?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
2 Canadians in top 8. Absolutely wonderful. One of them from Scarborough(big tings). 2 more international players as well.

Hype matches throughout the tournament and a possible reset in grandfinals. Congrats to Dragon. Aslo congrats to everyone who competed.

That's what this thread should be about but you dumbasses can't see that because your talking irrelevant stupid short yellow bus shit.

How is it the Reddit can have more of a competent discussions on the game, Evo, and characters then this site. Page after page of nonsense, miss information illrhetoric & complete stupidness post after post.

Chillax people. You're making yourselves look foolish.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
i mean, its kind of both, but just saying you're right - whats your point?
The guy said that NRS/WB got booed, so I explained to him it wasn't them that crowd booed, but the players and/or characters they chose, that's it. Not that much of a major point to really stick on or hard to understand really.

After Reading Dragon's post in that thread I can defeinatly forgive him, he appologized, explaind in detail what happened, took the responsibility and made offers to make it up for what he did. Everyone makes mistakes.

2 Canadians in top 8. Absolutely wonderful. One of them from Scarborough(big tings). 2 more international players as well.

Hype matches throughout the tournament and a possible reset in grandfinals. Congrats to Dragon. Aslo congrats to everyone who competed.

That's what this thread should be about but you dumbasses can't see that because your talking irrelevant stupid short yellow bus shit.

How is it the Reddit can have more of a competent discussions on the game, Evo, and characters then this site. Page after page of nonsense, miss information illrhetoric & complete stupidness post after post.

Chillax people. You're making yourselves look foolish.
I said it before that people would rather go to Discord then this site because of all the complaints that are here, in that pace people would just jump ship to Reddit and Discord because of this.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
A quick note about the booing...

You can't police other people's props. People will hate or praise based on what they deem is worthy of respect. You cannot tell someone what they should be impressed by. People are complaining that Dragon isn't getting enough props, but that's not how this works.

Most of you aren't making proper distinctions either. There's this false dichotomy of "Dragon won on merit of skill" vs. "Dragon won on merit of character." We all know it's much more gray than that. Dragon deserved to win Evo because he started the match at the select screen. He won with a combination of tools and talent. Nothing wrong with that.

However, you're being purposefully naive if you think people ought to be equally impressed by both players in grand finals. Beating the best players in their world is harder with a low tier character than it is with a high tier character, so naturally, Honeybee is going to get more props. That's just logic. It doesn't diminish the fact that Dragon is a badass player. It doesn't take away his medal. Nonetheless, Honeybee beat almost the same amount of players as Dragon did. With Flash. It bears repeating: winning with a low tier is harder than winning with a high tier. If you disagree with that, you are either being willfully dense or you are so lost in the romance of the Evo win that you can't think clearly.
Flash isn't low tier though.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I was answering "why do people hate him for no reason'". Whether or not he's served his time wasn't the reason for my post. You can't cheat in a tournament and expect everyone to forgive you.
lol this is a video game forum not a soap opera. to forgive you jesus.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The guy said that NRS/WB got booed, so I explained to him it wasn't them that crowd booed, but the players and/or characters they chose, that's it. Not that much of a major point to really stick on or hard to understand really.
he said NRS gets booed, as in once again, its during an NRS game that there is a character so lame that the crowd reacts that negatively. This technicality defense is so ridiculous as it's literally irrelevant. NRS makes the characters that are getting booed and the game being played, but even if we completely remove them from the picture, it's still completely irrelevant to the fact that once again, a character in an NRS game is being booed for being completely unhype to watch.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
The ironic thing is that the complaining is far worse than when Cyrax and Kabal were bananas broken, even though the entire Injustice 2 Top 5 is nowhere near as bad as they are.
I think the character legacy complicates things. The character had a history of being OP, and upon his return, they gave him plus frames for no reason. That isn't sitting too well with people. It's just not as easy to forgive this time. MK9's tier problems were relatively accidental. Cyrax was a pile of competitive glitches, and Kabal was poor game design that just wouldn't stop evolving.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
he said NRS gets booed, as in once again, its during an NRS game that there is a character so lame that the crowd reacts that negatively. This technicality defense is so ridiculous as it's literally irrelevant. NRS makes the characters that are getting booed and the game being played, but even if we completely remove them from the picture, it's still completely irrelevant to the fact that once again, a character in an NRS game is being booed for being completely unhype to watch.
The crowd didn't boo NRS/WB, they booed the player and/or the character he chose, they didn't boo the company. When you boo after a player picking a character that you don't like to watch, you don't boo the company, you boo the player anr/or the character. That's not me defending the company that's me clarifying things up. And once again it's not something to stick on that much, and it's not hard to understand. I think you need to chill out dude.

I think the character legacy complicates things. The character had a history of being OP, and upon his return, they gave him plus frames for no reason. That isn't sitting too well with people. It's just not as easy to forgive this time. MK9's tier problems were relatively accidental. Cyrax was a pile of competitive glitches, and Kabal was poor game design that just wouldn't stop evolving.
People needed to realize that this is what's gonna happen from the get go. If some characters comeback and with only very minor tweaks, unlike in the case of MK9 to MKX, it only makes sense the character legacy will be a factor for the list of viable character we would frequently see in tournies, and some people already saw it before the IJ2 came out, and yet we still hear people complaining, while with even that legacy IJ2 is very balanced for a launched game.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
I think the character legacy complicates things. The character had a history of being OP, and upon his return, they gave him plus frames for no reason.
He stops building meter during trident rush, problem solved. Thanks NRS.

The ironic thing is that the complaining is far worse than when Cyrax and Kabal were bananas broken, even though the entire Injustice 2 Top 5 is nowhere near as bad as they are.
Mk9 was their first attempt at breaking into the competitive FG mold. Yea theres going to be dumbshit in there. Fast forward to 2017 after multiple games and we still get braindead autopilot bullshit. Now im wondering whats going to be their attempt at the next braindead character because it never fails at what they can come up with.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think the difference is that Aquaman isn't bananas broken, he's just really boring and kills the hype. But people are misplacing their frustration. Be frustrated at NRS or Aquaman, not Dragon.

No one is actually saying aquaman won it singlehandedly for Dragon. There's not a character in this game that fights in tournament without a player controlling them. The issue is that Dragon couldn't make it further in top 8 winners without running to an S-tier character (and if you think differently go rewatch Hayatei vs. Dragon). Even after that he completely gave up on trying to play the character he started with and gave in to the S-tier easier wins. And before you say that Honeybee also used AM its obvious that Dragon has more experience with him, probably because Honeybee actually plays the characters he likes and tries to be successful with them rather than just picking the best character thats available. I'm not saying he's not good, he is (much better than most players and loads better than me). But if you think he's actually a better player than Honeybee then I THINK you're wrong.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Me saying you need to see a doctor isn't going personal, that's a fair statement considering the amount of nonsense you and other people are saying, especially after you calling Dragon a "tier-whoring, overhyped player". The fact that you and other people HATE dragon just because of the characters he plays in fighting games is just laughable, there are much better reasons to hate somebody in life, but the characters he plays? GTFO.

Also you wanna know why Tanya got booed (never heard Alien getting Booed though)? That's becuase that just like you, they were childlish enough to do that becasue all they cared about was to see different characters for their entertainment and that's it. I for one hate Capcom after years of doing bad buisness practices and I hate the Capcom fanboys for keep protecting Capcom and even disrespecting every game that isn't Street Fighter (some SF even disrespect MVC games, believe it or not) and their fanbases, but I have to admit that not all of the Capcom fans are like that, and those particular people are mature and wouldn't boo somebody for picking a character even if it is boring to watch, and that's not because they're more exciting to watch but because unlike you, they actually understand what players have to go through to win. Also I've seen an SF2 match that @Shaka posted that in which the commentators mentioned the Zoning in IJ2 in regards to the Zoning the Sagat player did in the match, and they mentioned that they don't complain. And they don't, because they understand that there is no reason to complain, just like in NRS games there is no reason to complain.

Also NRS games are topping everything that Capcom has ever done and I don't mean just the recent Capcom games but also of all time, the NRS scenes got some extremely exciting matches and amazing gameplay for the games, and the games themselves are just awesome in every regard, and NRS do everything to give the best product possible and take feedback from fans, unlike Capcom who only care about the money and publicity they can get from the tournies (and yes they don't make tournies for the scene anymore, they only care about the money, and if would see what they did with their games, it is very to see why). And the characters that are in NRS games are super awesome and exciting, sure there might be some characters that some people might call boring but every fighting game has that list of characters including Capcom, and yet people don't complain, and neither should you. NRS doing amazing job with their characters and games, period.

And yes, me hating Capcom and it's fanboys for doing bad business practices and disrespecting other players who don't play the games they play is a much more logical then hating someone for the characters he plays.

And no, NRS/WB never got booed, only the characters and players, and regardless, that's not what should be done by the crowd.

And finally, how the list of top characters in IJ2 mirror that of IJ1 for just 4 characters? Like I said there are characters who only appeared in this game like Atro and Fate, and they are very viable, and what about other characters that have appeared in IJ1 and you didn't bother to mention like Catwoman? Again, how it mirrors?

If you're saying all of that, it is clear you're not a true NRS fan, you're just a hater jumping on bandwagon. You will probably call me a fanboy, but I'm not, if I can give credit to legit people who should get credit and not making shit up, I'm not a fanboy. And yes, if that's the stuff you're saying, you need to go see a doctor, period

except that you can still win against these characters, so if you're playing against a viable character and you wanna win, yes, you need to "git gud".
Okay, you are actually being being personal and you're even quoting stuff that I haven't even said or mentioned. Go look back on the comments I've made since the EVO win and look for anything that comes closes to "tier-whoring" or "overhyped". When you find something we can continue this conversation because I feel you're making things up as you go at this point.

P.S. I detailed that Dragon deserved his win.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
People needed to realize that this is what's gonna happen from the get go. If some characters comeback and with only very minor tweaks, unlike in the case of MK9 to MKX, it only makes sense the character legacy will be a factor for the list of viable character we would frequently see in tournies, and some people already saw it before the IJ2 came out, and yet we still hear people complaining, while with even that legacy IJ2 is very balanced for a launched game.
I mostly agree. IJ2 probably has the best release day balance of any NRS game. I'll even go as far as to say that a character who excels at chip damage is a very interesting archetype. It's just in the context of everything else, I don't understand what they were going for. Why is his zoning so good? Why does he have plus frames? Why can he convert combos from jump distance? Why does his trait even exist?

I don't think anyone can attribute this just to legacy. Aquaman is debatably better than he was before, while Green Lantern (someone who wasn't even top 5 in IJ1) was gutted like a fish and filled new specials. I think there's something else going on that has nothing to do with balance. Maybe DC wanted Aquaman to be good and laid an executive order on NRS. I don't know. Regardless, I cannot make sense of this character.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Is Aquaman even Top 5... Or Top 3?

With all the talk about characters carrying people to winning tournaments, I don't see AM carrying anyone else anywhere

Is it possible that the hysteria has gone to unwarranted levels due to an emotional reaction, rather than an actual matchup chat?