What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya New Tanya Teleport Meta

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Last edited:

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
People on TYM arguing with sonic fox about MKX strats and tech.... Never change TYM, never change.
People arguing w sonic makes me die laughing

In regards to Tanya - please remove her from the game immediately
And it will also be found useless because they can't utilize it correctly.
stop, I dont give a damn if hes the best mkx player in world. This tech is a gimmick. This will hit people who are not prepare that is all. This is not very game breaking at all but it is cute.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
stop, I dont give a damn if hes the best mkx player in world. This tech is a gimmick. This will hit people who are not prepare that is all. This is not very game breaking at all but it is cute.
Because people are actively punishing bad teleport xx JIP anyway?

Regardless, it adds a layer of YOMI to a tool that hasn't been used very often. If sonic has ways to utilize it and use it well in neutral, who are you to tell him it's a gimmick? He wouldn't post shit like this if he didn't have faith in it.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

Regardless, it adds a layer of YOMI to a tool that hasn't been used very often. If sonic has ways to utilize it and use it well in neutral, who are you to tell him it's a gimmick? He wouldn't post shit like this if he didn't have faith in it.
if your tech only works because its unexpected... thats pretty much called a gimmick, evo champion or not. gimmicks are not always bad.

i recommend everyone practice reacting to blockstring >tele and countering it by... walking back and whiff punishing whatever she commits to for more than anything she would get by being hit by this

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Kitana float mixups exist when she has xray
Also yes this tech adds new Yomi! You are so quick to punish but then she has already recovered and is in the process if hitting you with b1!
You can walk back backdash etc but i can commit to an overhead tele cancel OR armor you!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i've already known this, i just assumed it was common knowledge.

realized it when i mashed a poke after landing a backwards air teleport.

Last edited:

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion

what do you mean in the neutral??? Do you know what a gimmick is?Maybe I can tell him something because i actually main tanya? This is a gimmick my man. Like i said before this will catch a few unexpecting players, but if the players actually take shit to lab they would know what to do.... hell you dont even have to take it to the lab just d2

Immortal

Blind justice....
what do you mean in the neutral??? Do you know what a gimmick is?Maybe I can tell him something because i actually main tanya? This is a gimmick my man. Like i said before this will catch a few unexpecting players, but if the players actually take shit to lab they would know what to do.... hell you dont even have to take it to the lab just d2
You lack respect, like at all. Doesn't matter if this is a gimmick or not. Many people still didn't know that (thou that is partly becouse lately nobody lab anything but still...).

I will bet 100$ that Sonic will beat you with Tanya in a mirror (lets say FT5) and she isn't even his main.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The thread posted after the patch was cancelling your teleport into another special
Now you can do it with a normal or throw
This seems to be of the same principle as when people found out you could cancel landing from teleport into teleport. Is this the same concept just with other buttons or is there something more to it? Just press whatever you want when landing from tele?

To anyone: What's stopping me from doing something if you let yourself land and don't press an air normal? Aren't Tanya teleports considered extremely punishable? (I don't play many Tanyas) Say if you do teleport, ji3xxTeleport (Gap) land. What's stopping me from doing something where I put "(Gap)".

EDIT: Noticed there were some parts in the video where *Maybe* b1 string cancelled into Teleport put you too far. Isn't that punishable? Like just plain no frills oh shit punishable?

Actually can I just backdash or jump too? Seems like the air normal after a string cancelled into teleport isn't a blockstring. Really wish I faced one of these offline.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
A gimmick is somethin where everyone's definition is different. Same with footsies. Show me 10 different videos of people actively punishing tanyas teleports and I'll continue reading stuff you have to say.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
You lack respect, like at all. Doesn't matter if this is a gimmick or not. Many people still didn't know that (thou that is partly becouse lately nobody lab anything but still...).

I will bet 100$ that Sonic will beat you with Tanya in a mirror (lets say FT5) and she isn't even his main.
Breaking: Sonic is really good at MK

I don't see what that proves one way or the other, though.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
A gimmick is somethin where everyone's definition is different. Same with footsies. Show me 10 different videos of people actively punishing tanyas teleports and I'll continue reading stuff you have to say.
When are you on again? You never seem to be on again and I'd like some to get matches against Takeda and whoever else you play now.