What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya New Tanya Teleport Meta

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Which is my main point when I said "anyone can be wrong, you should be well aware of that yourself"

Sonic is only human, he gets things wrong it's ok to question him, if he is right it will become evident in his explanation. He's right in here but hes right because hes right not because "hes Sonic fox and only morons would ever think hes wrong"

But even you thought he was wrong about something to do with MK, seems like a pretty good example to me? whatever, make more of an ass of yourself, sorry for not bowing to the supreme intelligence going on around here, only you are smart enough to ever question the all knowing Sonic right

its a forum and the topic is competitive play, header is "this tech" let people discuss it instead of trying to be the forum police lol
Yea and you're a Prime example why myself and fox are the very few top players left posting on this site. Real talk

Pig Of The Hut

People aren't saying this has been known for props, we're saying this has been known because we have tested this and used this in tournament and people have figured out how to beat it.

For example: Even if you delay the teleport and then let it go, all someone has to do is a quick move to stuff it. Even if Tanya is not actually on screen anymore, the move will come out and stop her. This is a big problem against characters with safe armor moves because they can pretty much just throw them out when they see the teleport animation because the worst case scenario is she baits it but they're still safe(or + in Tremor's case lol).

You can do the same thing with normals like pokes and such, but if Tanya reads that she can EX rekka after the tele cancel and catch you sometimes.

Edit: I should mention that most Tanya mains still use this tech but in a different way. Before when you did iaBack Tele it was useless because the recovery frames let your opponent run up and punish you. But now you can cancel the back tele with tonfa toss or whatever. This is actually crucial to Pyro's current gameplan as she can get around the back tele/fireball nerf by doing a fireball as soon as she lands and be relatively safe.
Yea I forgot I can stuff armored two hitting ex rekka w ......oh wait

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yea I forgot I can stuff armored two hitting ex rekka w ......oh wait
He isnt doing a regular tele cancel in that situation. In order for it to be a mixup he would have to delay the teleport itself in which case he wouldn't have enough time to cancel the tele and then EX rekka.

Pig Of The Hut

He isnt doing a regular tele cancel in that situation. In order for it to be a mixup he would have to delay the teleport itself in which case he wouldn't have enough time to cancel the tele and then EX rekka.
Can he not cancel the recovery frame when he lands to ex rekka?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
112 xx teleport cancel xx b1 xx teleport into NJK is safe against meterless opponents. Youll need b1 to be spaced correctly for njk to not whiff. The push back on 112 is enough. They cannot anti air with a normal, will get stuffed by NJK. NJK out of tele is also safe on block.

Once they begin to respect option of NJK, you now have option to start canceling landing frames into stuff and staggering teleports.

That's just kobu Jutsu stuff

I have mix ups/pseudo 50/50s in naginata that reverse wake up inputs and forces you to guess my options from a regular teleport. Also regardless of which option I pick I remain safe.

There are ways to utilize this tech, people just don't lab stuff up anymore.

Pig Of The Hut

112 xx teleport cancel xx b1 xx teleport into NJK is safe against meterless opponents. Youll need b1 to be spaced correctly for njk to not whiff. The push back on 112 is enough. They cannot anti air with a normal, will get stuffed by NJK. NJK out of tele is also safe on block.

Once they begin to respect option of NJK, you now have option to start canceling landing frames into stuff and staggering teleports.

I have mix ups/pseudo 50/50s in naginata that reverse wake up inputs and forces you to guess my options from a regular teleport. Also regardless of which option I pick I remain safe.

Lets play soon

Zoidberg747

Can he not cancel the recovery frame when he lands to ex rekka?
Thats not what im saying. Im saying you can stuff the teleport, not the move after. Since her teleport is no longer invincible she can be hit out of teleport even when off screen.

The key to beating this tech is to anti-air or stuff the teleports. Once she lands though you just gotta take what's coming.

Zoidberg747

Please point me to the post that says this is useless.

Also they can still stuff your teleport if you try and do this as a repeated setup. In your case you would need to do 112 teleport cancel, b1 teleport cancel into pressure, then do b1 teleport the next time. That way you conditioned them with the tele cancel and they will fall for the tele.

This tech is great for naginata and pyro for sure, its just not that necessary with Kobu. Im labbing it again and most of what I have found seems good to surprise people but nothing that could be used consistently and practically.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Glitch in the system notification bs, I can't view it through sonic socks Twitter link... Summmbuddiee halp maay

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

What if I backdash or jump the NJK? Can tanya chase with something? Also would meter blow up the teleport after b1 no matter what?

JerQ_Q

Noob
I play tanya sometimes and this is a nice tech for her @SonicFox5000. It adds up her mix-up potential and pressure game even more.

Why people say Tanya is braindead charachter? You ofc can play this charachter braindead way. Its up to player how they play it. But being top charachter doesnt mean that the charachter is braindead.

:DOGE

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
What if I backdash or jump the NJK? Can tanya chase with something? Also would meter blow up the teleport after b1 no matter what?

Only things with an anti air hit boxes. Slides go right under and a lot of other things whiff (as reversals)

Jumping and backdashing are optimal ways to get out of this yes, but it all depends how the player reacts.

It's not a 100% solid set up in kobu Jutsu, but it does add another layer of pressure that was "unexplored".

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
This does add an extra layer of filth to the other variations besides Kobu. Here are some videos showing some useful tricks/gimmicks

the point of this video isn't to do all these reps back to back. That'd be getting away with murder and if you let this happen, well you deserved to die by it. But who's to say a single rep of this is impossible to get off.

This is how I could utilize this in a real match. After a corner bnb, if I have an extra bar to spend I could follow up with some decent pressure. Sure, you can escape this if you take the time to lab this out and find the answer, community. Of course you can change the ending to fit you better like an overhead drill but with so many overheads it didn't seem like a viable option. Thank you @sonixfox5000. I appreciate that work you put in with characters.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

This does add an extra layer of filth to the other variations besides Kobu. Here are some videos showing some useful tricks/gimmicks

the point of this video isn't to do all these reps back to back. That'd be getting away with murder and if you let this happen, well you deserved to die by it. But who's to say a single rep of this is impossible to get off.

This is how I could utilize this in a real match. After a corner bnb, if I have an extra bar to spend I could follow up with some decent pressure. Sure, you can escape this if you take the time to lab this out and find the answer, community. Of course you can change the ending to fit you better like an overhead drill but with so many overheads it didn't seem like a viable option. Thank you @sonixfox5000. I appreciate that work you put in with characters.
This guy gets it

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT I WAS PLAYING A GOOD OLE FASHIONED 2D FIGHTER NOT ANIME!??!?!!??!