What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Corner Trap - The Shoryuken Prison

if you do that you get stuck when you land, you have to delay your air movement. Its one big fucked up guessing game
Even if they delay their air movement with a njk, they still get caught by the ice puddle. There are 2 very important things to remember when doing this trap. 1.place you IAC as close as you can to the opponent and very low to the ground 2. don't be too far back when you ice puddle. If you do those 2 things properly then your opponent can only escape with a fire ball. Some characters have easy ways out of this trap but for the ones that don't, it can be very use full.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Even if they delay their air movement with a njk, they still get caught by the ice puddle. There are 2 very important things to remember when doing this trap. 1.place you IAC as close as you can to the opponent and very low to the ground 2. don't be too far back when you ice puddle. If you do those 2 things properly then your opponent can only escape with a fire ball. Some characters have easy ways out of this trap but for the ones that don't, it can be very use full.
ah i see. Well guess what? im running this shit on everyone i play, and im gonna call it the j360 tech. :p

ah i see. Well guess what? im running this shit on everyone i play, and im gonna call it the j360 tech. :p
Use it bro, either way I found it better to always IAC with sub no matter where you are on the screen. This way its harder for your opponent to jump over the clone and your guaranteed to throw them into the clone with an en slide. Some times your en slide will throw them right over the the clone, but not if you IAC.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Use it bro, either way I found it better to always IAC with sub no matter where you are on the screen. This way its harder for your opponent to jump over the clone and your guaranteed to throw them into the clone with an en slide. Some times your en slide will throw them right over the the clone, but not if you IAC.
Yea, btw have you ever experimented with his rediculous push back off of a cornered 212 clone? it literally pushes you away full screen

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yea, btw have you ever experimented with his rediculous push back off of a cornered 212 clone? it literally pushes you away full screen
This :D. Gives you so much room to read and react. Many people die.

I'll laugh if, after the months of low-tier banter, all this information gives rise to a Subby bandwagon.

I want to see Death play Sub next time we're at a tourney so I can re-use my favorite line: "HIS NAME IS DEATH! BECAUSE HE MAKES YOU DIE!"

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I guess you were humble when you said to me to "think outside of a box" on that 53 frames move and its a guessing game right? lol
It was a honest advice, man. People around these forums just tend to take things too literally and straight, ya know?

Yeah you have a point.

EDIT: But if its an ITU ?
iaTU might be fast enough if done on reaction (and done perfectly as udf4, doing the quick jump backwards version might get you frozen by the clone), but it still suffers from the drop down, it's just less noticeable because of how much faster it is.

:( Sheeva

I hate u.

lol

Maybe I can telestomp out of this. I know I can armor out of this. Hopefully next time I play vs. someone they know how to set this trap up properly. So i can test it out, in heat of match.

Great find though Shoryuken!!!

ryublaze

Noob
I posted this in another thread but you can escape by doing a whiffed NJK as you come down from a neutral jump. The reason is because the Ice Clone disappears when EX Ground Freeze hits the ground so your NJK won't get frozen by the clone and NJK slows you down in the air on the way down. It can also be escaped by whiffed Air Throws. It's still a nice idea though.

Would scorpions hellfire allow him to get out of this? Hellfire is 22 frames. You may be able to get it out on reaction to a 53 frame ex ice puddle.. maybe? I dunno I'm a newb..

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
^ ouch. At first Tom Brady was part of subzero, but clearly subzero is now a part of him. He just can't let subz go.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
uhh no way in hell is this new, I used to do it online a bit but stopped, it's not that good.

*edit* Oh and just saw Tom's vid.. dear oh dear ... Lol....