What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Corner Trap - The Shoryuken Prison

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY WOULD I BE JUMPING UNLESS I SEE AN ICE PUDDLE IS COMMING? ITS 53 FRAMES. So if I dont jump, how can I get aa? Please read my first post on page 2... God
Just checked it's even worse actually. It's 56 frames. Don't know about the enhanced version tho.

Just checked it's even worse actually. It's 56 frames. Don't know about the enhanced version tho.
The enhance is 53 frames, still bad.... The nj kick has the ability to delay your air game if you aim it just on top of the screen. So no the ground freeze wont work if you time it correctly...

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The enhance is 53 frames, still bad.... The nj kick has the ability to delay your air game if you aim it just on top of the screen. So no the ground freeze wont work if you time it correctly...
Forget the freeze, we all forgot about the fact that wake ups have invincibility now. I think the clone might have to positioned at the right distance. I personally dont know since i dont use subby that often.

Forget the freeze, we all forgot about the fact that wake ups have invincibility now. I think the clone might have to positioned at the right distance. I personally dont know since i dont use subby that often.
No, wake up attack cant get out of this because you have to do a wake up BEFORE the ground freeze. So sub can bait and punish it. But the way I have it set up, you take no risk and get out for free and sub wastes a meter....

God... bad advice by you and you were talking like you know.

MagicMan357

I guess you were humble when you said to me to "think outside of a box" on that 53 frames move and its a guessing game right? lol
So you say i have to wait for this slow ass puddle to get baited, yet then what i said was bad advice....what? You can easily wake up before his puddle so...yea

REO probably knows something about the clone that i dont

So you say i have to wait for this slow ass puddle to get baited, yet then what i said was bad advice....what? You can easily wake up before his puddle so...yea

REO probably knows something about the clone that i dont
You cant wait a wake up attack, if you delay your wake up you wont get that 10 fram invisibility. So you would have to wake up before he takes out his ground freeze, so sub player can bait your wake up and punish with a full combo... Get it?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm almost positive that you can jump straight up to avoid the enhanced puddle. Try having the opponent jump when they see the ice puddle animation... not before.

MagicMan357

You cant wait a wake up attack, if you delay your wake up you wont get that 10 from invisibility. So you would have to wake up before he takes out his ground freeze, so sub player can bait your wake up and punish with a full combo... Get it?
Thats exactly what i was addressing in my first post to you, its all about possibilities. Its a setup and i understand you may have a way to get out but there are multiple ways to approach this. So do YOU get it?

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm not gonna say that the set up is definitely bad yet since I can only try to test by myself right now.
But it's either an exploit or a gimmick...either way the only guessing game involved puts your whole life and meter on the line to bait a wakeup. Props to Shory if it turns out to be legit, but I still hate the ice puddle lol.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It's a gimmick man, come on sub players.... have you ever just randomly thrown out an ex ice puddle just to try to catch someone off guard?! You can see it coming from a mile away the animation is that long! You see the animation, you jump, ex ice puddle disappears before you land.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
REO already said even if you jump on reaction to the puddle, it will still catch you when you land.

hmm, for some characters (w/o meter) basically moving at all would get them frozen by the clone... ever thought about throwing out an ice puddle while they're stuck behind it? well they could just nj i guess, idk. i don't have my MK9 to test atm
i knew it!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
so if u jump sub can freeze instead of ice puddle no?? if u do nothin he can puddle if u wake up he can block ... whats not to understand?

davidovitch

In Europe!
I hope that this is not guaranteed but rather a neat trick that might work sometimes. If it were a guaranteed 50% reset for one bar that would suck.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
this TECH works on half the cast. Scorpions spear which is a special move of his works on half the cast so you gtfo
what does this even mean? spear works on 100% of the cast if you use it in combo. I'm failing to understand the parallel here?

Saint

Noob
what does this even mean? spear works on 100% of the cast if you use it in combo. I'm failing to understand the parallel here?
What I meant was this guy is complaining how you can get around this tech. You don't have to use this, it's an extra alternative added to your register as a SZ player. So use it when it will benefit you, because at points it will. In other words it's situational.

While the same thing applies to Scorps naked EX spear (it's situational, only works against some crouching opponents) it shouldn't because the move is too important.

Hope that makes sense I'm stoned lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
REO, Shoryuken, DetroitBalln313, thank you, gentlemen.
I've actually done this for a while, Ice trapping with a meter lead...not often, but whenever I'm feeling lucky or whenever people think they can out-turtle the ultimate frozen turtle. Good to know there's some practicality and evil to it :D.

And as far as Teleporting/Teleport attacking out goes...what do you do when the Sub player plays dumb and sets you up anyway, JUST for you to see it coming and try and escape, and you get blown up outside of the trap? You die.

The point of this isn't guaranteed damage or mindfuckery.
It's giving the guy who dominates the corner yet another tool with which to dominate.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It is too bad he can't cancel his ground freeze or something. That would make the move a lot more useful since the start up kills it.