What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Corner Trap - The Shoryuken Prison

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
On wake up, it doesn't matter what you do. Because Sub-Zero is at so much advantage after placing the clone after the knockdown that you have to wake up before he does the enhanced ground puddle trap. So you will always get baited and punished if you attempt a wake up attack.

Sub-Zero can duck after the clone for your wake-up. If you do the shadow kick, he ducks it, punishes you, and puts you in the same situation. If you don't do shadow kick then he will just walk up and do the trap.
Ok. Thats valuable info. I know I had a clue as to what to do... but sometimes it needs to be out there.
Thank ya sir.

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
I'm 99% sure this is a joke...

The slowest projectiles in the games will stuff the ice puddle soo easily on reaction. And I seriously doubt you will get frozen by an air clone while throwing a projectile, but I'll test it in a sec just to confirm. Come on Sub players lol
Johnny Cage's projectile doesn't work against Sub because Sub lowers his hitbox when he does his ex Puddle.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I dunno... but Ermac and Scorpion's teleports I "think" whiff while he is in the expuddle animation... i have no tester... but i'd check these for sure.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Far from exposed. It's not because you can get out of it with neutral jump kick that you won't get fucked, man. Gotta think outside of the box, i'll never get tired of saying this. Let's say I pop the clone and you neutral jump I can just AA you with 22~Ice Blast. duh. It's still a guess, since you gotta have to guess what the fuck I'm going to do after the clone is poped. Stop acting so smart and funny disparaging Shoryuken's found.

It's a great found, something to be used not so regularly, since it's so situational (armor and teleport, hello?). But still a great found.

Far from exposed. It's not because you can get out of it with neutral jump kick that you won't get fucked, man. Gotta think outside of the box, i'll never get tired of saying this. Let's say I pop the clone and you neutral jump I can just AA you with 22~Ice Blast. duh. It's still a guess, since you gotta have to guess what the fuck I'm going to do after the clone is poped. Stop acting so smart and funny disparaging Shoryuken's found.

It's a great found, something to be used not so regularly, since it's so situational (armor and teleport, hello?). But still a great found.
Wow really? you cant jump a 53 frame move on reaction? Dude its 1 second.... I dont need to commit to a jump. I can see it coming and do it. THERES NO GUESSING. Im guessing I did think outside of the box am i lol?

Im not taking anything away from shoryuken, im telling people how to get out of this. And im getting shit on by you? You need to think outside of the box when you said "you have to guess" on a 53 frames move lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac, Scorpion, Sektor, Smoke etc can probably NJ and IAT this. Nevertheless good stuff though. Ermac, Smoke and Sektor might be even able to just projectile Sub after the clone.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Salad Petresky WTF are you talking about? Bidu is right, its about the guess and its obviously situational especially against those with no meter. If you jump then he doesnt have to throw out a puddle but he can 2,2 to AA you.

This is the issue with the MK community, they really cannot grasp character specific and situational mind games. And when they do, they hate or try to discredit it because the tech doesnt apply across the whole board.

If anything the 22 is more realiable

Salad Petresky WTF are you talking about? Bidu is right, its about the guess and its obviously situational especially against those with no meter. If you jump then he doesnt have to throw out a puddle but he can 2,2 to AA you.

This is the issue with the MK community, they really cannot grasp character specific and situational mind games. And when they do, they hate or try to discredit it because the tech doesnt apply across the whole board.

If anything the 22 is more realiable
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY WOULD I BE JUMPING UNLESS I SEE AN ICE PUDDLE IS COMMING? ITS 53 FRAMES. So if I dont jump, how can I get aa? Please read my first post on page 2... God

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Wow really? you cant jump a 53 frame move on reaction? Dude its 1 second.... I dont need to commit to a jump. I can see it coming and do it. THERES NO GUESSING. Im guessing I did think outside of the box am i lol?

Im not taking anything away from shoryuken, im telling people how to get out of this. And im getting shit on by you? You need to think outside of the box when you said "you have to guess" on a 53 frames move lol
I knew that shit was slow, but 53 frames? Really? rofl!

If you wait until I do the ice puddle to start your neutral jump kick you still won't get hit by it?