What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Corner Trap - The Shoryuken Prison

REO

Undead
New corner ice puddle trap that works on the majority of the cast when they have no meter and are against the corner. Credit to Shoryuken for finding it and bring it to my attention. I tested this with Detroit for a while and some characters can escape (even if they have no meter) like Raiden with teleport, for example. You CAN'T jump back or neutral jump as the enhanced ice puddle lasts too long and will still catch you on the way down.

Attachments

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Will jumping straight up escape the ground freeze or will you still get frozen when you land?

REO

Undead
Will jumping straight up escape the ground freeze or will you still get frozen when you land?
Jumping back or straight up won't escape because the enhanced ice puddle lasts longer than your jump and will still catch you on the way down. You have to use an air teleport or projectile to escape (and sometimes those don't work depending how close the clone is)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
What about advancing special moves. Do they eat the clone... or are they frozen as well? Normal JC shadow kick.... NW shoulder charge.

REO

Undead
What about advancing special moves. Do they eat the clone... or are they frozen as well? Normal JC shadow kick.... NW shoulder charge.
If you come in contact with the clone with no armor... you get frozen. So, no.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
What about a NJK to avoid the ground freeze? Will that work? If not this is an excellent find for the sub zero community. Finally a solid use for his puddle.

REO

Undead
What about a NJK to avoid the ground freeze? Will that work? If not this is an excellent find for the sub zero community. Finally a solid use for his puddle.
We tested this. You touch the clone and get frozen, just like a Kabal for example who jumps up and does an air gas blast (his legs will touch the clone and get frozen).

can you list the characters this works on? I beleive anyone with a teleport can get out of this
ofcourse with armor almost any character can get out of this, x ray also ofcourse but thats not the point. and cant they just throw a projectile at you?

REO

Undead
so the wakeup invincibility is compromised.... that is interesting in itself.
On wake up, it doesn't matter what you do. Because Sub-Zero is at so much advantage after placing the clone after the knockdown that you have to wake up before he does the enhanced ground puddle trap. So you will always get baited and punished if you attempt a wake up attack.

Sub-Zero can duck after the clone for your wake-up. If you do the shadow kick, he ducks it, punishes you, and puts you in the same situation. If you don't do shadow kick then he will just walk up and do the trap.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm 99% sure this is a joke...

The slowest projectiles in the games will stuff the ice puddle soo easily on reaction. And I seriously doubt you will get frozen by an air clone while throwing a projectile, but I'll test it in a sec just to confirm. Come on Sub players lol

Espio

Kokomo
So Jade could possible flash and jump out, right? She seems like an exception, but some clarification would be welcomed in case I'm totally off base here REO

Thanks in advance.