What's new

Tech New Sub-Zero Corner Trap - The Shoryuken Prison

"Raiden game changing new tech" = 1212 EN Lightning on block is the new Rune Trap

30 seconds later everyone is going: You know you could just duck that right?And everyone was blowing it up and the guy who posted it was never seen again on the face of earth
Lol, the guy still posts here from time to time, he insisted on that Kl's 21212 overhead move was a good mix up while its full combo punish on block. I tried to convince the guy but he just doesnt listen.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lol, the guy still posts here from time to time, he insisted on that Kl's 21212 overhead move was a good mix up while its full combo punish on block. I tried to convince the guy but he just doesnt listen.
LOL peeps have to be careful when post something and considering Legit ^^
I rather ask for second opinion than jump out and said "I DID THIS STUFF IS LEGIT"

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The next Milestone will be: " Win a Match using Shoryuken's Prision" xD

Ima intentionally Trying this on the Next High level Casual Matches haahah.

Reo just admit you lose this fight lol. You cant call out tom when you just do a different set up lol. Tom said you could throw up a fb if sub zero does a ground freeze. Why would he throw a fb randomly, thats stupid... OFCOURSE EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CAN DUCK. But if you are doing "shoryuken prison", you can not duck it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
so there are multiple people calling reo a fraud and he has not defended himself yet... i wonder why? maybe because he is?
Check my Sig. A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the Sheep. ;)

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Too much drama. So REO posted tech that is escapable by a knowledgeable player? How many players at tournaments will know HOW to escape it? How many will be able to make that split decision when someone pulls this on them?

It's good tech. Not foolproof. Let's not turn this into a Brady/REO flamewar, and just be glad that people are still exploring Sub-Zero.

Marvaz

come at me
Too much drama. So REO posted tech that is escapable by a knowledgeable player? How many players at tournaments will know HOW to escape it? How many will be able to make that split decision when someone pulls this on them?

It's good tech. Not foolproof. Let's not turn this into a Brady/REO flamewar, and just be glad that people are still exploring Sub-Zero.

See thats the thing at tournaments, not a lot of people will know what to do when you put them in setups like these. Ive caught numerous "high level" players in tournaments with setups. Ive even caught "the best sub-zero" in america (lol) in setups.

Tyren

Noob

what I don't understand (being a beginner and all) is why did Cage Shadow kick get trough the clone and in this video it didn't?

This video doesn't do a good job explaining some details, and it focuses more on trolling but the question stands never the less.

EDIT:

I've read a youtube comment on the video, the johnny cage player in this video didn't do it as wake up, wake up didn't show above the ex-bar.

See thats the thing at tournaments, not a lot of people will know what to do when you put them in setups like these. Ive caught numerous "high level" players in tournaments with setups. Ive even caught "the best sub-zero" in america (lol) in setups.

I agree with Marvaz here. I mean, just because you CAN espace does not mean that a player knows how to in a tournament setting. Testing the opponents knowledge of obscure and not common set ups is common in tournaments.

Here is where I agree with TB though. In REO's video, he clearly stated that under no circumstances can the opponent escape by jumping forward. After watching TB's video you see that REO was mistaken. If you watch REO's video you have no idea that the clone disappears once the ex ice puddle begins to form. One can escape by just getting up, and then jumping over the puddle on reaction, and punishing with a full combo. This makes this trap useless to someone who knows how to escape because of the fact that there is no mix up. There is a universal escape that can be executed on reaction to seeing the ex ice puddle.

I agree that this can still be useful because I doubt most players will escape this trap, so on this point I agree with Marvaz's post and say good stuff to REO on showing this trap in your vid. Where I agree with TB is that REO did not say you could escape by jumping forward. I seriously doubt that REO tried to spread bad info by intentionally being incorrect on the escape, I just think he did not know. In his video he showed the player jumping forward into the clone and stated that there is no way to escape by jumping forward. This we find is actually false, honest mistake. IMO, both REO and TB showed useful information. REO showed a trap that can be useful if the opponent does not know how to escape, TB showed a universal escape that any character can do.

One thing this "video war" showed me for sure, there is always good stuff being discovered by good players regardless on if they are considered an "expert" on the character or not. It also shows that TB is THE expert on Sub-Zero and that perhaps maybe players should DISCUSS strats and anti strats like civilized people to get all the accurate information out there, rather then acting like little kids in a video war.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
The problem is arrogance. Nobody is willing to be wrong. That being said I once recall Brady saying something about not building a strategy based around your opponents ignorance, and I think that applys here. Why burn a bar of meter for something that might work (or might get you flat out blown up AND let them out of the corner which Sub never wants) when you can go meterless for something that will keep them there and open them up for more damage?

Garasky

Noob
The problem is arrogance. Nobody is willing to be wrong. That being said I once recall Brady saying something about not building a strategy based around your opponents ignorance, and I think that applys here. Why burn a bar of meter for something that might work (or might get you flat out blown up AND let them out of the corner which Sub never wants) when you can go meterless for something that will keep them there and open them up for more damage?
Yea, building a strategy based on your opponent's ignorance is playing with fire. Sooner or later you'll get burned Aaaahhh!!!