What's new

New Balance Patch Podcast featuring m2dave, P2W, REO, and Slips

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
+ as hell run cancels, safe or + 50 50s, super advancing strings, moves being + as hell on block, stupid jump ins, auto correcting air specials, whiff cancelling, low pokes being cancelled into specials.. i wish they could change so much of this, but they wont so ill just sit and accept w.e they change, no biggie.

Hopefully this game and the feedback its gotten (both positive and negative) will help them make a more balanced game come inj2 and mk11. Time to learn from the mistakes nrs. I wish they would release a beta like sfv did. Also, REGULATE YOUR DLC. Tired of every nrs game having busted dlc, they even made the same mistake twice in mkx (alien tanya). Thanks for the patch. Rant over lol.

champdee

Noob
awesome podcast. number one thing for me is anti airs just being better (normals, not special moves) I think they should just buff d2's like they did in injustice so to speak

Ohh... and I liked the "tier shifting" stuff a lot.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
I think that Shinnok BS could use a slight buff to his dark beam, but -4 on block is insane, between -6 and -8 would fit him better.

Scorpion Hellfire isn't fair by a longshot.

I very much agree with Reo in the end talking about how Tanya and other characters are fine, the top tiers (and even some a little lower) are the real issue.
Have you ever played with current Tanya? I saw your post in pc discussion thread which you said that you werent playing the game for last few months and its funny that you can reach that conclusion without experience with current game meta. Just lol

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Every character can get out of puddle if they choose to sit there and let me do f112 puddle. Even Quan. It should trade with projectiles, that's her design, trade to get in. Only thing puddle forces midscreen, is letting me get in.
so, you're telling me that puddle is "garbage" because f112xxpuddle is a gimmick and you can jump out of it? well that's not why ppl are complaining about it tbh.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
+ as hell run cancels, safe or + 50 50s, super advancing strings, moves being + as hell on block, stupid jump ins, auto correcting air specials, whiff cancelling, low pokes being cancelled into specials.. i wish they could change so much of this, but they wont so ill just sit and accept w.e they change, no biggie.

Hopefully this game and the feedback its gotten (both positive and negative) will help them make a more balanced game come inj2 and mk11. Time to learn from the mistakes nrs. I wish they would release a beta like sfv did. Also, REGULATE YOUR DLC. Tired of every nrs game having busted dlc, they even made the same mistake twice in mkx (alien tanya). Thanks for the patch. Rant over lol.
i like some of that crazyness tho, the + run cancel pressure, the advancing strings, low pokes being cancellable. I could do without the crazy plus on block 50/50's like what kano has tho.

Just look at marvel though, that game has more infinites and loops than you can shake a stick at, yet lots of people still play it. I'm not saying MKX should have infinites, but im saying don't try to turn mkx into something its not. Save that for MK11.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
No one complains about demo? Are u even in this community anymore? We all know how dumb sonya is. Currently why shes in everyones top 3 and complained about daily.
No one complains about the double digit plus frames of the grenade is what I meant to say.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
While I appreciate that you've become much more reasonable lately Dave, I'm sure others will remember your past outings (P2W certainly seemed to lol). The famous 'Quan is mid tier' stuff, the 'Is Tremor abysmal?' thread and while I missed it in Injustice, please correct me if I'm wrong, you also thought Zod was quire bad when he came out. Again I appreciate the reason that you've been talking lately, but with all the past things you've said I find it hard to take you seriously on matters like these. It's very hypocritical to first go 'Tremor is extremely terrible' and go 'Tremor is really good' next. Hell, even in the Tremor forums in general you often talked about how Tremor was bad and whatnot.

If you've acknowledged that you were wrong in the past then it's fine, but to me you're voicing two opinions that are extremely far from one another and calling out downplayers while you yourself have played down quite a bit.
I have already said that half of what I stated was wrong. The other half was trolling. For the past four or five months, I have consistently been stating that Crystalline is high mid tier, Aftershock is mid tier, and Metallic is low tier, yet some people only seem to remember the "Tremor is abysmal" thread.

By the way, let us know if you guys would like to see extra segments on the podcast such as the "Fool of the Week" award or Slips's random rants about his personal life.

Tweedy

Noob
I hear the name slips a lot, so i'm assuming if I rant or anything i'll get flamed down, but holy shit that Scorpion assessment and downplay was beyond fraudulent.

Had to say it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If you are blocking a 47f move then you deserve what happens next
Cause it's not like D'Vorah can't condition people to block a certain way and then use puddle once people start respecting any guaranteed follow ups she may have. It's all their slow reactions. There is absolutely no mind game happening at all during her pressure that could open up the use of puddle.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I agree completely with just slightly buffing the low tiers by only buffing one thing. Example for Kenshi's variations:
Balanced: Reduce recovery on Tele-flurry
Possessed: Improve the tracking on Demon Slice
Balanced: Make the non MB'd Bladenado safe on block.

The same thing goes with taking away something for top tier characters.

Alien: F134 should have a gap between the 3 and 4
Sonya: Make the Grenades go away on hit
Kano: Make DB1 more negative.
Ermac: Make the push not gain health
etc.

T
his is a very good way to balance the game without killing top tier characters or making the low tiers too strong.

Rude

I do like that they touched on the armored launcher metagame in MKX in this podcast. It's one of my least favorite things in MKX. The fear of the opponent mashing out a launcher when -, conditioning people to keep blocking isn't my favorite meta, but I'm glad it was talked about.

Whiffing moves intentionally to bait punish attempts, then mashing out armor to beat said attempts. Stuff like that I'm not a huge fan of. If it never changes its fine, but man is it frustrating.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I do like that they touched on the armored launcher metagame in MKX in this podcast. It's one of my least favorite things in MKX. The fear of the opponent mashing out a launcher when -, conditioning people to keep blocking isn't my favorite meta, but I'm glad it was talked about.

Whiffing moves intentionally to bait punish attempts, then mashing out armor to beat said attempts. Stuff like that I'm not a huge fan of. If it never changes its fine, but man is it frustrating.
This part of the vid was interesting, but leaving armor just for wakeups would screw some characters.

Think about Balanced Kenshi. He lives by armor. Without it there is pretty much nothing to respect from him. Of course there are characters that without some of their armor moves would do well (Example Alien without ex flip).

Such a drastic change like removing armor would require a complete redesign of characters. I don't see it happening at all.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I don't agree with putting gaps in strings to balance them. If it's an armorable gap then you're skewing the favor to characters that have launching armor. Those who don't get left behind and have to spend the bar for a measly 11-18%. Just like shaolins ex chakram BS.

I think making f134 mid mid mid will be a better solution. Flip should keep its armor, but not the air version. And if you have to remove one armor I would say low tail since half its hitbox is disjointed so it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

Rude

This part of the vid was interesting, but leaving armor just for wakeups would screw some characters.

Think about Balanced Kenshi. He lives by armor. Without it there is pretty much nothing to respect from him. Of course there are characters that without some of their armor moves would do well (Example Alien without ex flip).

Such a drastic change like removing armor would require a complete redesign of characters. I don't see it happening at all.
I'm not really sure what the answer is, or if it objectively needs to change. Its just not something I'm a huge fan of.

Rude

I don't agree with putting gaps in strings to balance them. If it's an armorable gap then you're skewing the favor to characters that have launching armor. Those who don't get left behind and have to spend the bar for a measly 11-18%. Just like shaolins ex chakram BS.

I think making f134 mid mid mid will be a better solution. Flip should keep its armor, but not the air version. And if you have to remove one armor I would say low tail since half its hitbox is disjointed so it wouldn't make too much of a difference.
If you have an armorable gap, and you know they have a launcher, couldn't you stagger to bait armor?

I think it creates an interesting metagame.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
If you have an armorable gap, and you know they have a launcher, couldn't you stagger to bait armor?

I think it creates an interesting metagame.
Yea it does and it does create an interesting meta game I agree. But that's a handful of the cast who have launching armor. Some other characters will be completely disrespected because who would take their armor seriously?

For example, if you don't count backdashing, tarkatans rekkas could give two shits about cyraxs teleport.

I'm just saying putting a gap in is not the universal answer to f134 IMO. It just skews the favor to launching armor characters