What's new

New Balance Patch Podcast featuring m2dave, P2W, REO, and Slips

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Even Erron Black Rifle Cancel from stand 4 is plus as fuck. Its a universal thing. Its cause standing 4 is a high. B3 cancel for jax you need to be crisp for you to jail it.
I think people might say they are not jailing as a general assertion because those cancels you said that jail either have poor range from initial attacks (standing 4) or are very hard to perform (b3).

The fear comes from something that jails off an advancing mid.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I think people might say they are not jailing as a general assertion because those cancels you said that jail either have shit range from initial attacks (standing 4) or are very hard (b3).

The fear comes from something that jails of an advancing mid.
I mean you just do jump in into stand 4 into cancel into whatever the fuck you want.
Its probably just lack of knowledge from commentators. It happens. They cannot know every little detail about the 96+ variations in the game. Its too much

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I think people might say they are not jailing as a general assertion because those cancels you said that jail either have poor range from initial attacks (standing 4) or are very hard to perform (b3).

The fear comes from something that jails off an advancing mid.
When are you never in range in this game though?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Remember when Tanya was a big meanie until bigger bullies beat her up?
Tanya needed to be toned down. Like I'm biased for my character but I'm not an idiot. She was hella dumb on release and Kobu made like 85% of the cast have to play her game when that was her best variation.

She was really good for awhile but she's not a threat to anyone anymore. They over killed her indirectly in one variation the most.

So I don't get the point you're trying to make. They aren't going to destroy Dvorah in the upcoming patch. She's not gonna end up Tanya tier (low/low mid tier)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave don't you think if block breakers become one bar, then meterbuild should be heavily nerfed as well since characters like mileena could infinitely keep people out and never get touched?
Well, she is a character who first needs some adjustments such as an upper body hurt box on roll, inability to perform an aerial sai after a blocked teleport kick, and increased frames on a blocked b+1,2.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Tanya needed to be toned down. Like I'm biased for my character but I'm not an idiot. She was hella dumb on release and Kobu made like 85% of the cast have to play her game when that was her best variation.

She was really good for awhile but she's not a threat to anyone anymore. They over killed her indirectly in one variation the most.

So I don't get the point you're trying to make. They aren't going to destroy Dvorah in the upcoming patch. She's not gonna end up Tanya tier (low/low mid tier)
Lol I know they aren't cause they won't touch her tbh. Puddle could be made less plus or minus in general and the same sequence of events will happen. I can't wait for puddle to get nerfed so BM and Venomous get nerfed too cause damn do they need it

ismael4790

Lol I know they aren't cause they won't touch her tbh. Puddle could be made less plus or minus in general and the same sequence of events will happen. I can't wait for puddle to get nerfed so BM and Venomous get nerfed too cause damn do they need it
There's no problem with that, Brood mother and venomous should get other stuff as compensation.
Same argument would lead to Mileena's roll untouched because the other variations are not as good as piercing, for example.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
There's no problem with that, Brood mother and venomous should get other stuff as compensation.
Same argument would lead to Mileena's roll untouched because the other variations are not as good as piercing, for example.
Roll isn't actually a problem though, it's working as intended

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
You guys complain too much about D'vorah's puddle being hella plus, but Sonya can do exactly the same thing D'vorah can do and no one complains about it. If she lets the grenade rock and it explodes by itself, she's +20-ish and anything she does next is going to jail. Jailing 50/50 after a blocked grenade.

But noooooooooo, people think stun grenade staying on hit is the only BS she has. Oh well.

ismael4790

You guys complain too much about D'vorah's puddle being hella plus, but Sonya can do exactly the same thing D'vorah can do and no one complains about it. If she lets the grenade rock and it explodes by itself, she's +20-ish and anything she does next is going to jail. Jailing 50/50 after a blocked grenade.

But noooooooooo, people think stun grenade staying on hit is the only BS she has. Oh well.
Sonya is waiting in the nerf cueue, don't worry, Paulo has love for everybody xD

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
But I want all of them to have their place in hell (Alien,D'vorah, Sonya, Mileena) all of them demonic chicks deserve their place in nerfland (yes Alien is female by her hurtbox).
D'Vorah should be the least of your concerns when fighting characters. No one plays her, you won't be running into a slew of Debbie.

D'Vorah should be the least of your concerns when fighting characters. No one plays her, you won't be running into a slew of Debbie.
I have a local friend who D'vorah'd me everyday. figures, he prefers poor Venomous 'sniff':(. Still broken, I heard her Screams in my bed at night "achuloo, achulli, chingullo, chic, chic, chic, haaaa"

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
D'Vorah puddle is fucked up in the corner after a knockdown. I really don't appreciate being -22 against a character that has completely safe 50/50s. Then again I literally couldn't be any more biased when it comes to D'Vorah, so what do I know?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@TopTierHarley As far as AAs go, I wish Reptile had a 7f, 3f active stand jab. :p

Look at his stand jab and you'll cry. ;_;

And don't mention my uppercut that still loses to a bunch of jump-ins anyway. ;_________;

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm going to attempt to get this thread off the D'vorah train. I think the D'vorah up- and downplaying should stay in the D'vorah forums.

So when it comes to the nerfing EX-flip by removing armor thing as a catalyst for 'should defensive options be nerfed' question, I think it's justified. Just because armor is a defensive option doesn't give it a free pass just because it's a defensive option. EX-flip has excellent synergy with so many of Alien's options and that EX-flip already has so much going for it. Turning F134 into a launching 50/50, the fact that it can be mixed with the low-hitting Snag, how it can be used as an aerial armored launcher, how its hitbox is huge, how it crushes lows... I think removing armor on it is a good way to nerf the move, one because it makes the EX-flip metagame less insane than it currently is, and because as mentioned in the Podcast, Alien already has enough armor as is.

@General M2Dave there's something you said in the podcast I have to touch on. (22:17) "People who say that Tremor sucks or that he's low tier now, you guys are complete fools haha. The EX-low shatter is probably still like a top 3 move in the game. Again, this is just a fact." After P2W interrupted you for a bit: "Haha of course, I'm not a downplayer; when something is good I'm gonna say that it's good."

While I appreciate that you've become much more reasonable lately Dave, I'm sure others will remember your past outings (P2W certainly seemed to lol). The famous 'Quan is mid tier' stuff, the 'Is Tremor abysmal?' thread and while I missed it in Injustice, please correct me if I'm wrong, you also thought Zod was quire bad when he came out. Again I appreciate the reason that you've been talking lately, but with all the past things you've said I find it hard to take you seriously on matters like these. It's very hypocritical to first go 'Tremor is extremely terrible' and go 'Tremor is really good' next. Hell, even in the Tremor forums in general you often talked about how Tremor was bad and whatnot.

If you've acknowledged that you were wrong in the past then it's fine, but to me you're voicing two opinions that are extremely far from one another and calling out downplayers while you yourself have played down quite a bit.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main

No one complains about demo? Are u even in this community anymore? We all know how dumb sonya is. Currently why shes in everyones top 3 and complained about daily.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think that Shinnok BS could use a slight buff to his dark beam, but -4 on block is insane, between -6 and -8 would fit him better.

Scorpion Hellfire isn't fair by a longshot.

I very much agree with Reo in the end talking about how Tanya and other characters are fine, the top tiers (and even some a little lower) are the real issue.