What's new

New Balance Patch Podcast featuring m2dave, P2W, REO, and Slips

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm just stopping the propaganda man.
D'Vorah imo is a little much right now, not trying spread propaganda. However, D'Vorah shouldn't be adjusted if Alien, Sonya, Mileena, Takeda, Cage, Kano, and Ermac aren't as well. She's not actually doing anything game breaking, none of these characters are, they are just too much.

JDM

Noob
I really like the way Reo thinks. I agree with him characters like CSZ are still good, but comparatively they are not. I'd rather have all the top tiers toned the fuck down instead of jettisoning a bottom tier to OP uber tier like they have done in the past. Very slight buffs to bad variations and hefty nerfs to the top tiers (not enough to gut them however) and buffing anti-airs/nerfing jump ins and I will be set. This game could be very good, the ball is in NRS's court now. I hope they don't fuck it up. Or half-ass it.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Four primary points was made that the game needs more then anything.
1- block breaker cost only 1 bar meter
2- no attack should be more than +6 on block period, no exceptions.
3-take a little off the top, but don't destroy anyone, slight nerfs and leave all the mid tiers alone.
4- jump ins are too good in general, D2s need some type of priority/hitbox adjustment to counter the crazy jump in attacks and all jump in normals should be 0 on block no plus frames at all

haketh

Noob
Honestly the only thing CSZ needs is the removal of the extra scaling on Drone Calls in combos. That shit is whack as hell & stifles creativity.

#BuffCyber
#SaltShaker&RudeWereRight
#IAmDumb

\
2- no attack should be more than +6 on block period, no exceptions.
4- jump ins are too good in general, D2s need some type of priority/hitbox adjustment to counter the crazy jump in attacks and all jump in normals should be 0 on block no plus frames at all
Have y'all played any non NRS FG? These things are common

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Guys guys before you go ahead and make block breakers one bar, you have to think about super meter building characters like mileena etc. it will be even harder to get in than it already is. If this change happens meterbuild needs to be adjusted for each individual character

The "No more than plus 5" rule will body all pressure characters so that should be adjusted to each character as well.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
D'Vorah imo is a little much right now, not trying spread propaganda. However, D'Vorah shouldn't be adjusted if Alien, Sonya, Mileena, Takeda, Cage, Kano, and Ermac aren't as well. She's not actually doing anything game breaking, none of these characters are, they are just too much.
I don't think she's too much is all. She does what every other character does. Make you guess on knockdown.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
As entertaining as watching The Passion of The Kytinn is, I have a question:

Isn't all character balancing, at least to some degree, considered tier shifting? If you make one character worse and another better, obviously they will switch places, right?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Isn't all character balancing, at least to some degree, considered tier shifting? If you make one character worse and another better, obviously they will switch places, right?
Feels that way to me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What i really want TYM to elaborate is, what defense mechanics are?
On a game where offense feels as overpowered how can we improve defense?
Do we need offense to be toned down more?

discuss.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Have you ever played with current Tanya? I saw your post in pc discussion thread which you said that you werent playing the game for last few months and its funny that you can reach that conclusion without experience with current game meta. Just lol
No, but I've played with Unbreakable SZ, witch seems to be considered the worst variation in the game, and if a mid tier like Cybernetic Kano was to be the best the game could get, he wouldn't be too far off.

Besides I've used Tanya as an example as she also was the first example Reo used in the video, and it's not like the changes to her were too severe.

The Tanya community on TYM really never stops being annoying...

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
No, but I've played with Unbreakable SZ, witch seems to be considered the worst variation in the game, and if a mid tier like Cybernetic Kano was to be the best the game could get, he wouldn't be too far off.

Besides I've used Tanya as an example as she also was the first example Reo used in the video, and it's not like the changes to her were too severe.

Uhm, actually its you who never stops being annoying, like trash talking in Tanya threads without playing her lololol. And its really funny that you can have an idea about the severity of changes have been made to her. You sir made my day, ty

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Some of the changes were just annoying with no real reason at all.

For example; the changes to 34 and f3, creating a gap after b122+4.

Really the only changes needed were the nerfs to wreckers she got (less pushback, less safe, less chip, less meter build), the nerf to b1 (slower startup), nerf to her staggers (making b122+4 less safe) and removal of armour from ex Tonfa swipe. Everything else was honestly unnecessary.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched

Really the only changes needed were the nerfs to wreckers she got (less pushback, less safe, less chip, less meter build), the nerf to b1 (slower startup), nerf to her staggers (making b122+4 less safe) and removal of armour from ex Tonfa swipe. Everything else was honestly unnecessary.
Like damage nerf to her flip kick, ex flip kick and ex drill kick. And it seems teleport causes much less damage scaling

Error

DF2+R2

l m a o at " The Passion of the Kytinn"

Tier shifting is more about assumed intent, did NRS nerf Tanya to balance the game? vs NRS hates strong black women.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
l m a o at " The Passion of the Kytinn"

Tier shifting is more about assumed intent, did NRS nerf Tanya to balance the game? vs NRS hates strong black women.
Omg I never even thought of it that way.

If NRS doesn't buff Jacqui they're racist. I demand my diversity buffs now.

Same with Kung Jin.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

That's actually true, NRS does that, but between saying that some changes are annoying and saying that said changes make the character worthless there is quite a difference.

Uhm, actually its you who never stops being annoying, like trash talking in Tanya threads without playing her lololol. And its really funny that you can have an idea about the severity of changes have been made to her. You sir made my day, ty
Anytime.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
What i really want TYM to elaborate is, what defense mechanics are?
On a game where offense feels as overpowered how can we improve defense?
Do we need offense to be toned down more?

discuss.
I am afraid that at this point it is impossible task. If there is no more DLC, then this is the last patch. And I dont think that it will have anything to do with the mechanics. I mean if it will, then I will be really surprised.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Dear NRS:

If you will not buff Kenshi then please fuck Alien.

For reals though I can't wait to listen to this podcast. Hope it's funny like previous installments.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I am afraid that at this point it is impossible task. If there is no more DLC, then this is the last patch. And I dont think that it will have anything to do with the mechanics. I mean if it will, then I will be really surprised.
If this game becomes stale as it is right now, it will age fast, now matter what character gets stronger or weaker tho.