What's new

New Balance Patch Podcast featuring m2dave, P2W, REO, and Slips

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Primary Discussions

-> What is your initial reaction to the official announcement of a patch?

-> What changes to the game’s engine would you like to see?

-> What changes would you like to see to your main character?

-> Should top tier characters only be normalized slightly?

-> Should low tier characters only be buffed slightly?

Check it out below:

Attachments

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I don't agree with Reo on tanya being ok, but what evs. and yeah don't agree with the whole only +5 max for everyone and what not. Nerfing the jip's is pointless if they would just make them have less priority, don't see any reason why they couldnt make that change over making jip attacks not jail. if anti airs become better, then you should be rewarded for sucessfully landing your jump in and allowed to do your block string.

and @m2dave , is there really anything wrong with giving tremor a fewthings? like make uprocks recovery good again but make it a mid instead. give him a 7 frame d1?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Don't look at some character perks universally, Cassie, Sonya, Jacky are among the characters than run more faster(i.e cover more field) than any other character in the game, and in the top of that they also have better walkspeeds compared to everyone else.

Every character should be looked at individually and try to keep him inside the new system.

I also agree that Armor should not be the only defense mechanic of the game, even if major overhaul isn't needed in the game, what we currently need is some of defense ways to actually work when someone is trying to get in using pitbulling pressure.

Jump attacks being plus shouldn't be a thing specially when you have character with sonya options, everyone should be punished for trying to jail people with pressure with a jump in punch.

No character in this game should be able to mash d1 twice or more without being hit by the slowest mid among the fastest one existing in the game

Backdashes shouldn't cost stamina if they're the way the are currently, or if they will cost stamina, they should recover faster to open options in order to avoid a lot of ridiculous stuff.

Also the breaker costing both players stamina crippled some variations that were stamina dependent.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Great podcast. I agree with most of the topics, especially the "characters are still good" topic. A lot of the cast that were nerfed are fine. Triborg could benefit from a couple of changes, nothing too big.

Overall I'm hoping for fixes to bugs and hitboxes more than nerfs and buffs though.

Slight buffs are definitely the way to
go. Some characters like Bo and high tech are on the edge of being utterly broke with an over buff.

Overall, the meta will still stay 50 50
Based which sucks, but some
minus frames will help give players the reward for blocking and not have to deal with safe 50 50s over and over

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
I agree with this cast, except for a tiny adjustment for Tanya in Pyro. I do feel they need to knock off a few more recovery frames on fireballs.

Other than that, she's solid in that variation I think.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
I dont agree with REO on " Tanya is still very good." thought. At least they should give Kobu more damage and undo the damage nerf to her overhead, ex overhead and ex low drill kick specials and maybe they should look at teleport damage scale issue

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Don't look at some character perks universally, Cassie, Sonya, Jacky are among the characters than run more faster(i.e cover more field) than any other character in the game, and in the top of that they also have better walkspeeds compared to everyone else.

Every character should be looked at individually and try to keep him inside the new system.

I also agree that Armor should not be the only defense mechanic of the game, even if major overhaul isn't needed in the game, what we currently need is some of defense ways to actually work when someone is trying to get in using pitbulling pressure.

Jump attacks being plus shouldn't be a thing specially when you have character with sonya options, everyone should be punished for trying to jail people with pressure with a jump in punch.

No character in this game should be able to mash d1 twice or more without being hit by the slowest mid among the fastest one existing in the game

Backdashes shouldn't cost stamina if they're the way the are currently, or if they will cost stamina, they should recover faster to open options in order to avoid a lot of ridiculous stuff.

Also the breaker costing both players stamina crippled some variations that were stamina dependent.
Changes to breakers were the best part of KP2.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Changes to breakers were the best part of KP2.
it was, although it made many things better for most people, it can't be denied that crippled some characters that were strongly dependable of this.

Take hat trick for example, he was a character that didn't open people that much but when he did, people broke combos on him, he keeping his stamina kept people in check because they having any, for better or worse, it was his time to keep his momentum until the opponent stamina returns, turning his losing MUs into even or in favor for 7 seconds.

Now since both characters lose stamina, he loses this edge even when he trying to comeback for damage, if you break away for his damage, which already cost him resources, going in, landing damage and everything else becomes 10 times more harder more resources and less rewarding by the time both staminas are back nothing changed.

not only this doesn't allow him to come back, like if you're winning you want to break every single time he lands a hit on you, because it makes his game times more difficult to open you up whenever you're in neutral, unless you're the mother of all fuck ups.

Last edited:

virtiqaL

Noob
Slips is alive, huh? Downloading now...

I'm hoping this patch does something besides a simple rebalancing (I'm not sure, what, exactly)... I really want something to play again.

I just hope whatever the patch does, it makes the game interesting to watch and fun to play.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
One thing, if you want offense nerfed and are against any nerf to defense, then make sure everyone HAS defensive options instead of turning this game into a grandmaster feast.

What I would like to see:
  1. Back dash to have instant recovery ,and to be special cancelable, so, characters can actually counter attack gaps as a read: and it will increase the defensive capabilities of the cast.
  2. D2 high priority over air attacks a.k.a no hurt-box over the head.
  3. Make plus on block launchers negative, like d'vorah puddle.
  4. Back 4 sweeps become 0 on block Universally.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
What I would like to see:
  1. Back dash to have instant recovery ,and to be special cancelable, so, characters can actually counter attack gaps as a read: and it will increase the defensive capabilities of the cast.
  2. D2 high priority over air attacks a.k.a no hurt-box over the head.
  3. Make plus on block launchers negative, like d'vorah puddle.
  4. Back 4 sweeps become 0 on block Universally.
3. Is fine, as long as you make it faster. Why would I use a 47f-52f move just to be negative?