What's new

New Balance Patch Podcast featuring m2dave, P2W, REO, and Slips

2. High priority over air attacks its not the same has no hurtbox over the heads, if you give d2 no hurtbox over the heads will also give priority vs overheads and high attacks depending of the angle.
O.K, explain me d'vorah D2 to me, as it works exactly the same as I said. in short, give everyone d'vorah's like d2. is not fair some characters can not anti air like her.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Agreed, Pyro is lacking for what it's supposed to be.

It could be decent if they'd reduce recovery frames on fireballs. It's sad that she and Sub can trade hits--she gets frozen, and he can somehow block. Like, what?

Maybe throw in being able to teleport after an air fireball. That's probably pushing it though. Ah, to dream.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
@Rude @TopTierHarley In regards to the punishing run in things. I have seen jupiter do it with Jax's Stand 1 on reaction. I have seen people punish people from trying to run in multiple times. Along with reacting to and wiff punishing things like Kotals b1 for example. People reaction to dash ins in injustice and punished. Im not saying its the easiest thing to do in the entire world. But it is doable.
As for AA's Jax has some of the best AA's in the game. The issue with Jump ins is the phantom hitboxs on a lot of the cast. Such as Sonya, Cassie, Kotal, to name a few. I have seen TTH AA people in so many different situations. And i myself have done the same with jax. Bio has done it with F/T to name a top player. Honeybee with Dvorah. Aquaman with Kotal. You get the idea.
As for Dvorahs puddle. Its 40+ frames of start up. React to it pls. People are reacting to much faster things. People reacted to Black Adams low lightning which was like 19 frames. All you have to do is an advancing mid if they do it in the neutral or run up and punish it. On knockdown its really dam good though. Like fuck lmao. There are ways to get out of it though with Specific WU timing but hey who has time to lab stuff anymore lol

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I also think run speed should be slower in general for all characters.

I'm tired of things like blocking a puddle from fullscreen and being forced to hold the offensive unless I have armor, because the combination of super plus puddle, ultra fast run and uber advancing mid dvorah has. That's bullshit.

Slower runs will enforce footsies and neutral game.

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
@Rude @TopTierHarley In regards to the punishing run in things. I have seen jupiter do it with Jax's Stand 1 on reaction. I have seen people punish people from trying to run in multiple times. Along with reacting to and wiff punishing things like Kotals b1 for example. People reaction to dash ins in injustice and punished. Im not saying its the easiest thing to do in the entire world. But it is doable.
As for AA's Jax has some of the best AA's in the game. The issue with Jump ins is the phantom hitboxs on a lot of the cast. Such as Sonya, Cassie, Kotal, to name a few. I have seen TTH AA people in so many different situations. And i myself have done the same with jax. Bio has done it with F/T to name a top player. Honeybee with Dvorah. Aquaman with Kotal. You get the idea.
As for Dvorahs puddle. Its 40+ frames of start up. React to it pls. People are reacting to much faster things. People reacted to Black Adams low lightning which was like 19 frames. All you have to do is an advancing mid if they do it in the neutral or run up and punish it. On knockdown its really dam good though. Like fuck lmao. There are ways to get out of it though with Specific WU timing but hey who has time to lab stuff anymore lol
Indy, Injustice had dedicated dashing w/ recovery frames. MKX run can be canceled at any point, with almost anything.

Just because, "I saw x player do it" doesn't mean that it'll happen 10/10 times. All that name dropping is anecdotal evidence. You have characters with different run speeds and the ability to stop a run into almost anything. Let's not pretend there isn't more involved to running than just mashing a jab in response to movement.

Of course you can react to puddle. No one said otherwise. But to say it's only function is corner oki is super disingenuous. The move is a lot better than any D'Vorah player ever admits.

Indecisive

Indy, Injustice had dedicated dashing w/ recovery frames. MKX run can be canceled at any point, with almost anything.

Just because, "I saw x player do it" doesn't mean that it'll happen 10/10 times. All that name dropping is anecdotal evidence. You have characters with different run speeds and the ability to stop a run into almost anything. Let's not pretend there isn't more involved to running than just mashing a jab in response to movement.

Of course you can react to puddle. No one said otherwise. But to say it's only function is corner oki is super disingenuous. The move is a lot better than any D'Vorah player ever admits.
Make better reads

Indecisive

You're moving the goalposts. One of the first things I said was that dealing with run involves reads.

Other people said it was all reaction.

Also, I'm not calling for nerfs. I just think there is some serious oversimplification going on.
You said that name dropping doesn't matter. You said you cannot react to the shit everytime which i agree with. So make better reads

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You said that name dropping doesn't matter. You said you cannot react to the shit everytime which i agree with. So make better reads
I'm sure everyone that has ever bit hit by anything in a FG ever has said the same thing. That's all anyone can ever do, lol.

Again, I'm not demanding any nerfs/changes, just trying to ground the talk in reality.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I like when players can admit that they struggle against a player and character, or the fact that they want to play a different game instead of the one they have.

Sadly many on this site can't. Maybe when the community reaches that point of honesty we will get a true balanced community.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I like when players can admit that they struggle against a player and character, or the fact that they want to play a different game instead of the one they have.

Sadly many on this site can't. Maybe when the community reaches that point of honesty we will get a true balanced community.
Thanks for using my structure, I feel flattered. Unless it means your creativity levels are low, in that case I'm sorry for you. Tell me if you need more sentences for the next answer, I can give you some that actually fit in the conversation.

People struggling against players or characters has nothing to do with particular tools of characters.

Quick question, just to save time, you think dvorah's puddle on block is fair and balanced, right?