What's new

NetherRealm scene on fire as question sparks debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I think the tag is because they were mentioned in the original tweet.
Kool. That's all I needed to know. Pig stands tall like a grown ass man should so I'm in his corner on this. Can't a have some stupidity on a man's twitter like that when it's all for fun. Bad look on Ed's part but whatever. He needs the press.

DeftMonk

Noob
Well, luckily for you and the vast majority of the community who wants to see it, I don't give a fuck about the backlash and will do everything in my power to make this exhibition happen.
You are missing the point. "this exhibition" you speak of is just free marketing/hype/advertisement for the people backlashing at pig here. Would you go work at mcdonalds if they didn't pay you AND when you showed up for work everyday the manager gave you the finger?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Of course Boon could've said the same thing, but in a more polite way. You don't always use rude words when disagreeing or even trolling someone. Seems to me Boon's got a quarrel with Poth, if so, then I think his reponse is justified. Now, the real question is what exactly is the beef between them...but it's just a theory...an FGC theory!

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with the discussion and disagreement and controversy with who is the best player. You don't see the NBA going in telling people not to stir anything up when the people are asking is Kobe or Jordan better. Of course it's not the exact same scenario tho and you don't really see other pro players bringing it up unless they're like commentating. Rivalries are ok and good for viewership just as long as they don't like cause riots or something and even then the NBA doesn't directly step in to stop those.

Unless of course boon is already ten steps ahead and is actually indirectly adding more hype on purpose

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You are missing the point. "this exhibition" you speak of is just free marketing/hype/advertisement for the people backlashing at pig here. Would you go work at mcdonalds if they didn't pay you AND when you showed up for work everyday the manager gave you the finger?
I don't care. My job here is to promote the game and make it entertaining for forum posters and viewers in general. I'm not going to boycott NRS because I disagree with Boon's stance on this issue.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I really don't at all get while ed boon found this topic to be negative or "stirring shit up". I just don't get it at all. This is simply a member of the community sparking a convo about who is on top of the scene.

What did Ed read into this? I'm so lost.

@Pig Of The Hut I appreciate your frustration and I wouldn't have been stoked on that reply, but please don't make this some breaking point where you're done with NRS games. I think it's an overreaction on your part to wipe your hands of all involvement due to this, wrong as it was.

I still support and sub on twitch because I think you're a top notch guy and an OG in the scene, and I wish you'd make a turn towards commentating and being a content creator like a maximillian or something.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I can't fathom how asking who the better player is can be a bad thing. We've got champions of major events. It's a natural discussion. In the combat sports world this kind of discussion is totally normal and fuels excitement to see a match. I guess I'm not understanding Boon's reaction.

E

Eldriken

I just don't get how a simple question is "stirring shit up".

I'm really confused by that response. The question was completely harmless and was solely intended to spark meaningful (hopefully) discussion. Instead it's turned into what it is now. What a shame.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Pig Of The Hut Given as how ive played both and had to dodge a fastball to the head before, id say thats childs play. Now that's a case where death Is for real.

Humngousfungus!: Horrible analogy, nobody is saving anyone else's life on here.

Last edited:

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Those of you saying Pig is whining or being too sensitive are missing the point.

How many of you liked those comments about missing hype/rivalries but then liked comments about Pig being sensitive or agreeing that Boon is trolling? Smh

I can't possibly think of a time that Boon stuck his nose in matters like this. If anything, remember that interview on Yahoo Esports with Zorine Te interviewing Boon? While it was on the development decisions of Injustice 2, it was also about Boon embracing Esports and engaging/working with the community. Boon's tweet does not present this kind of approach in any way. And if so, why on earth would he troll in such an aspect? It's just a double negative no matter what way you slice it. Boon specifically said that they're going to promote the competitive aspect of Injustice 2 long after its initial release. If that's the case, he should have endorsed Pig's tweet. How on earth could he backpedal and say that competitive discussion is not allowed or would joke about such a thing, it makes no sense.

I for one am with Pig on this matter and conclude that Boon made a big mistake in tweeting that. We as a community want this kind of discussion to happen and to see where it goes, NOT for it to be met with the idea that it's stirring shit up.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Sometimes it's good to stir shit up, assuming it's all in good fun of course.

Idk what to think if it. Something tells me he wasn't being serious but idk the man so who knows.

My opinion on the matter that there is nothing wrong with this sort of thing. In any kind of sports or thing where people compete, they get compared. For f**** sake people debate about which FICTIONAL CHARACTERS would beat each other in a fight or who is the best lol

I just don't get it I guess.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The internet is the internet.... Boom obviously got the wrong impression about what the Poll was for, thinking it was some kind of trolling and nasty behaviour which Pig is, in all fairness, kinda famous for. So he hit back as like many people, fans included, he is probably sick of toxicity in the FGC.

So it was a mistake of tone and intent, which happens now and then on the internet. DEAL WITH IT.

Pig should man up and just brush it off instead of making a federal case out of it. So it was an error by boom, but it is on Pig to be a man and just get on with things. Nor dose it mean as Boom made this one error he is an arsehole or undermining the FGC or trying to control the FGC or anything like that. He was just trying to shut down what he thought was a trollish post.. which you know. IS A GOOD THING... just bad aim in this case : )

Mistakes of Tone and Intent happen every second on the internet and if you want to use the internet then you have to be able to deal with that without having a stamping your left foot style, 13 year old girl, bottom lip biting tantrum.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
@Pig Of The Hut

I don't get the issue. I don't see anything wrong with what you posted. It's actually a legitimate question, extremely so, given how the tournaments have gone down and I see it all as hype. If Boon wants to jump in, I'd say treat him like you would any poster. You aren't shy in tearing people up when they say something you disagree with or find to be bullshit or whatever.. So, fuck 'em.

Ed helps give us the games we love, and they help support the scene,but ultimately the scene belongs to *US*. I legit don't see how you were stirring shit up. If you said we should like, revoke some award given or something because Sonic did or didn't win this or that, that's stirring up shit. What you're stirring is the community hype and storyline stuff and that almost always pays off for the scene and the players involved, even the loser gets exposure and it's things like this that help.pish our scene outside it's relatively narrow boundaries... People from.othet scenes, or none at all, read this or hear about it, and it piques interest and they want to learn more and understand more. And every once in while, a new player/spectator joins the scene because of the hype you helped kindle.

I dunno man, real talk,, I think you got too upset, Ed is doing you a favor imo by validating all of it with his input. I mean, of there's no shit to stir up, why bother trying to grab the ladle?

Can't see any problem with Pig's Tweet. No different to someone on ESPN or something similar doing a Kobe or Lebron debate. Or Jordan and Lebron...

Also not buying Ed is serious, his tweet alone has done exactly the opposite of his Tweet and IS stirring things up. Unless Pig has Boon's Lawyers ordering a cease and desist, Boon is trolling to generate hype for his game. Note in Ed's tweet the "...Thumbs down" a more serious tweet may not have emojis.

Look at this thread already, not stopping anyone from talking about it and it's keeping Injustice 2 alive.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
yes but it only favored rush down style, Inj2 almost every style is viable.
MKX' main playstyle was Rushdown, but other styles were viable as well, I can tell you from experience. On the same token, IJ2's main playstyle is Zoning, while others were viable as well. Just because other playstyles aren't the main ones that doesn't they aren't viable.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Those of you saying Pig is whining or being too sensitive are missing the point.

How many of you liked those comments about missing hype/rivalries but then liked comments about Pig being sensitive or agreeing that Boon is trolling? Smh

I can't possibly think of a time that Boon stuck his nose in matters like this. If anything, remember that interview on Yahoo Esports with Zorine Te interviewing Boon? While it was on the development decisions of Injustice 2, it was also about Boon embracing Esports and engaging/working with the community. Boon's tweet does not present this kind of approach in any way. And if so, why on earth would he troll in such an aspect? It's just a double negative no matter what way you slice it. Boon specifically said that they're going to promote the competitive aspect of Injustice 2 long after its initial release. If that's the case, he should have endorsed Pig's tweet. How on earth could he backpedal and say that competitive discussion is not allowed or would joke about such a thing, it makes no sense.

I for one am with Pig on this matter and conclude that Boon made a big mistake in tweeting that. We as a community want this kind of discussion to happen and to see where it goes, NOT for it to be met with the idea that it's stirring shit up.
Just because Boon's said that in interviews that doesn't mean he can't troll in order to create hype for the competitive scene. That doesn't contradict what he said in the interviews.

The internet is the internet.... Boom obviously got the wrong impression about what the Poll was for, thinking it was some kind of trolling and nasty behaviour which Pig is, in all fairness, kinda famous for. So he hit back as like many people, fans included, he is probably sick of toxicity in the FGC.

So it was a mistake of tone and intent, which happens now and then on the internet. DEAL WITH IT.

Pig should man up and just brush it off instead of making a federal case out of it. So it was an error by boom, but it is on Pig to be a man and just get on with things. Nor dose it mean as Boom made this one error he is an arsehole or undermining the FGC or trying to control the FGC or anything like that. He was just trying to shut down what he thought was a trollish post.. which you know. IS A GOOD THING... just bad aim in this case : )

Mistakes of Tone and Intent happen every second on the internet and if you want to use the internet then you have to be able to deal with that without having a stamping your left foot style, 13 year old girl, bottom lip biting tantrum.

I thought to myself the same option more or less, except that Pig was the one who took the wrong impression from Boon's response, but your option could be right too, I suppose.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
Ed boon would hate me if I went pro. I'd talk cash money shit in person and social media. Break em mentally and physically (virtually) in this instance. I have a gift for making people lose their shit. They'd have the beep button ready for viewers at home. I don't get why when players do interviews they seem hesitant. Need to bring that nick Diaz / mcgregor type of shit talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.