What's new

NetherRealm scene on fire as question sparks debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skedar70

Noob
I really don´t think anything was going to happen out of that poll either. What can come out of a Dragon vs Sonicfox rivalry? Nothing but hugs and kisses so whatever. We need some real confident shit talkers instead of all this hugs and we are all buddies top player scene that we have. Foreverking vs Woundcowboy level shit is needed.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Was the poll question supposed to be "Who is the better player, Sonic Fox or Dragon?" or was the poll question supposed to be "Who is the 2017 champion, Sonic Fox or Dragon?"

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
And here we have Pig talking down on someone yet again, folks.
Justifying his bloated ego and low self-esteem.

You'd think someone that was bullied all their childhood would instead grow a spine.
But no, instead he became part of the problem.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
OH MY SWEET GURKENS! This is alot! This is strange. This is a mess.

@Pig Of The Hut I really don't know you, but I'm not jumping on the "Pig is too sensitive" band wagon because I don't see that. I see somebody who has been real passionate about the NRS for years with love and respect. And for somebody who has been repping NRS games and get that Tweet from the CEO, ANYBODY would feel hurt. So I feel you ...BUT

...If I may ask? After the tweet...have you even talked to Boon about this? Y'all need to have a heart to heart to get to the bottom of this. With many years invested in promoting his games and knowing who you are, you at least are owed that much respect. You two need to talk.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
OH MY SWEET GURKENS! This is alot! This is strange. This is a mess.

@Pig Of The Hut I really don't know you, but I'm not jumping on the "Pig is too sensitive" band wagon because I don't see that. I see somebody who has been real passionate about the NRS for years with love and respect. And for somebody who has been repping NRS games and get that Tweet from the CEO, ANYBODY would feel hurt. So I feel you ...BUT

...If I may ask? After the tweet...have you even talked to Boon about this? Y'all need to have a heart to heart to get to the bottom of this. With many years invested in promoting his games and knowing who you are, you at least of owed that much respect. You two need to talk.
He’s the creative director of a major game publishing company who is probably as busy as myself. He shouldn’t concern himself w a player of his games even if i have supported the scene for 10+ years more than most. He like I probably have better things to focus energy on

Reactions: jmt

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I disagree, zoning in Inj2 is as strong as rushdown. Rushdown is even stronger than defensive play, look at Aquaman was solid defensive char and it was nerfed cause rushdown players couldn’t deal with it.
My point is since rushdown isn’t as brain dead as MKX a lot of players feel like zoning+defensive is too strong but in reality both styles are strong.
The Rushdown wasn't braindead at all in MKX, and the Zoning was strong in MKX too despite the game favoring Rushdown, just like IJ2's Zoning is the more favored in that game while Rushdown can be strong too. Also your Aquaman example is contradicting, if Aquaman was nerfed because "Rushdown players couldn't deal with it", how the Rushdown is more the stronger style?

MKX favors Rushdown, IJ2 favors Zoning, but both styles are strong in both games.

Now let's get back at the topic at hand about this Tweet.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He’s the creative director of a major game publishing company who is probably as busy as myself. He shouldn’t concern himself w a player of his games even if i have supported the scene for 10+ years more than most. He like I probably have better things to focus energy on
Uncle JBeezY understands...But you took the time and energy to voice your disappointment. And I'm pretty sure at this point, he has seen it. I mean, If you're really thinking about leaving this scene because of Ed's response, AT LEAST weigh your last option that you didn't even try yet instead of just saying fuck it all. This will give you a clear answer if you really wanna leave the scene, or stay. If he doesn't respond, then you will know FOR SURE he does not givAfuck. If he does, well, that's some light at the end of the tunnel. But ya never know until you try. :)

Cerbero

Always down for games.
The Rushdown wasn't braindead at all in MKX, and the Zoning was strong in MKX too despite the game favoring Rushdown, just like IJ2's Zoning is the more favored in that game while Rushdown can be strong too. Also your Aquaman example is contradicting, if Aquaman was nerfed because "Rushdown players couldn't deal with it", how the Rushdown is more the stronger style?

MKX favors Rushdown, IJ2 favors Zoning, but both styles are strong in both games.

Now let's get back at the topic at hand about this Tweet.
Inj2 has more viable playstyles no matter how you slice it.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
I'm sorry but you're wrong on that one. Both games had equal amount of viable playstyles.
Which MKX chars had strong defensive tools? which didn’t get mopped by Alien or mixed up by Summoner Quan? I mained Sorcerer/Summoner btw.

Seems to me like you didn’t play the game.

Which MKX chars had strong defensive tools? which didn’t get mopped by Alien or mixed up by Summoner Quan? I mained Sorcerer/Summoner btw.

Shinnock,Reptile, Mileena, Kano, slasher jason, demo sonya, smoke, Sector , Cyrax. Acidic Alien.Edit:I forgot pyromancer Tanya, Possesed Kenshi, Shaolin Kung jin and Kung lao... My memory betrays me.... there are more. LMAO.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!

Reptile, Mileena, HQT Predator, Quan Chi, Sektor, Acidic Alien himself all have great Zoning. For defensive specifically, Noxious Reptile is a more balanced Variation between offense and defense. Also Reptile was a good character against Alien and Quan, I myself beat almost every Alien I've faced with my Reptile and Quan wasn't that much of a problem either.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Dude now that wasn't necessary at all, I'm not a child. If anything that was childish on your part.
Oh hush, puppy! That wasn't met to any ill will at all. So if you take it as disrespect, i apologize.

You will get me one day.

...MOVING ON...

Pig...reach out to Boon. If ya like, let us know the results. Remain optimistic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.