What's new

My Wonder Woman match up chart (No hard af to read image)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
You can't have Shazam as 6-4 just because he's considered a low tier character, yo.
What's your explanation?
Wonder Woman's only invincible wakeup is lasso spin, which is single hit-- blown up by armor.
If people don't wakeup against Shazam's hard knockdowns, they're blown up by a guranteed Herculean Might, if timed properly.
Hard Knockdowns are accessed off of Atlas Torpedo meterburn, which Shazam also does for almost free on WonderWoman, who doesn't effectively punish it at closer ranges. Shazam can use Torpedo against her from outside of her B112 range, and myabe just outside of her Back 2 range, and still come out safe on the other side?

Also, Shazam's backdash is GODlike. (Fittingly.)

After blocking B112, I think Shazam can backdash all the way out of her back 2's range, and her back+3 is too slow to punish Shaazam backdashes.

Shazam's OTG interactable combos, if available, also outdamage Wonder Woman's, as long as Shazam has 1-2 bars.

Shazam will lose clashes and metergame, but how does WonderWoman open him up outside of corner OTGS?

3, 3 low string with mixups with B2 don't work on him.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You can't have Shazam as 6-4 just because he's considered a low tier character, yo.
What's your explanation?
Wonder Woman's only invincible wakeup is lasso spin, which is single hit-- blown up by armor.
If people don't wakeup against Shazam's hard knockdowns, they're blown up by a guranteed Herculean Might, if timed properly.
Hard Knockdowns are accessed off of Atlas Torpedo meterburn, which Shazam also does for almost free on WonderWoman, who doesn't effectively punish it at closer ranges. Shazam can use Torpedo against her from outside of her B112 range, and myabe just outside of her Back 2 range, and still come out safe on the other side?

Also, Shazam's backdash is GODlike. (Fittingly.)

After blocking B112, I think Shazam can backdash all the way out of her back 2's range, and her back+3 is too slow to punish Shaazam backdashes.

Shazam's OTG interactable combos, if available, also outdamage Wonder Woman's, as long as Shazam has 1-2 bars.

Shazam will lose clashes and metergame, but how does WonderWoman open him up outside of corner OTGS?

3, 3 low string with mixups with B2 don't work on him.
WW can parry all his projectiles, how can you knock her down if you don't get in? You have to get in and she can check you with B2, your torpedo might be safe but we can start some pressure... And you want to be getting pressured by WW lol. F0xy acually posted a tech for Shazam yesterday... When you knock him down get in and do B2~trait... If he teleports backwards go for a shield bash, if he teleports forward reverse your shield bash... Also don't forget we have iadg ro check your backdashes, iadg is safe on Shazam. And we can still wake up on read

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Shazam can use Torpedo against her from outside of her B112 range, and myabe just outside of her Back 2 range, and still come out safe on the other side?
This is false. Unless torpedo is done from pretty much point blank, it's punishable by 23.

Her pressure comes from b1, and unless you're at tip range b2 will catch his backdash.

KIllaByte

WW can parry all his projectiles, how can you knock her down if you don't get in? You have to get in and she can check you with B2, your torpedo might be safe but we can start some pressure... And you want to be getting pressured by WW lol. F0xy acually posted a tech for Shazam yesterday... When you knock him down get in and do B2~trait... If he teleports backwards go for a shield bash, if he teleports forward reverse your shield bash... Also don't forget we have iadg ro check your backdashes, iadg is safe on Shazam. And we can still wake up on read
Its one of the most fun matchups in the game.
At full screen, its the absolute slowest in the game. Time might run out.
In this matchup, neither character has a viable fullscreen tool. (Wonder Woman stuff doesn't reach, Shazam's lightning bolts are parried)
It essentially becomes Shazam dashing in and out of possible dangerous distances, trying to make a read to set up a dodge into a whiff punish, or jump interception with an anti-air, or a jump 2, or a meterburn forward 3 to absorb WonderWoman's down punch, or the first hit of her Back 2, or maybe evern her cross screen horizontal punch.

(these are the four options to set up the hard knockdown, which set up the momentum based mixups that Shazam has, that Wonder Woman only has at the wall.)

KIllaByte

This is false. Unless torpedo is done from pretty much point blank, it's punishable by 23.

Her pressure comes from b1, and unless you're at tip range b2 will catch his backdash.
Well, I guess my friends Wonder Woman is garbage at punishes.
GG.
The stuff in my more recent post is probably more accurate.
Thanks for makin' me better-

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
In this matchup, neither character has a viable fullscreen tool. (Wonder Woman stuff doesn't reach, Shazam's lightning bolts are parried)
It essentially becomes Shazam dashing in and out of possible dangerous distances, trying to make a read to set up a dodge into a whiff punish, or jump interception with an anti-air, or a jump 2, or a meterburn forward 3 to absorb WonderWoman's down punch, or the first hit of her Back 2, or maybe evern her cross screen horizontal punch.

(these are the four options to set up the hard knockdown, which set up the momentum based mixups that Shazam has, that Wonder Woman only has at the wall.)
Huh? WW can parry his bolts all day, once she has the life lead she can literally camp full screen, and why would WW be using divepunch? :confused:

RM_Gamer

Noob
lately zoning characters have been using push block against my ww. makes me rethink the zod, sinestro, raven, etc. match ups since they always have meter for push block. i remember ducky once push blocked 3 times in a row, traited up and built 2 bars of meter back -__-

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Scorpion: 6-4 - We can punish his teleport with D1,2~tiara or D1~lasso spin, we can start pressure after a blocked MB teleport & he can't jump all day, we have a very good D2 also... All his wake ups are punisheable.
pressure? she gets a punish when she blocks MB telepunch, not just a blockstring.
and yea d2 is very good in that mu, if scorpion jumps and does normal tele and u tried to aa thinking j1 was coming you still d2 the tele out of the air :/

also i agree with her winning 6-4

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Since WHEN can WW not AA Joker?

Parry is a horrible idea, 1 parry = 11%, one B2 lasso = vortex

And 33 can only be just frame parried which will never be done by anyone ever because not only is it difficult but not worth it at all.

7-3 wowo. I've played this matchup with the 2 best WWs since launch.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
On that note I dont see any reason ares would do a close teleport. I see this MU as a 5-5. Axe and holding sword mix up keeps her out of the air, her air dash mix ups can all be d2'd, the only oki ares worries about is in the corner. His cross ups blow up her spin in f2, 3 gimimcks. Ares gets a free mb f3 check on her wu if he ever needs it. His oki game I believe wins head to head. His behind GS setups hurt her. Hes far better with interactables, full screen combos lead to otgs etc etc. Mix up I would say is the same only she has actual safe options, but Im not even sure what that is, safe is a word I use for try less. Just my thoughts.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
pressure? she gets a punish when she blocks MB telepunch, not just a blockstring.
and yea d2 is very good in that mu, if scorpion jumps and does normal tele and u tried to aa thinking j1 was coming you still d2 the tele out of the air :/

also i agree with her winning 6-4

Really? Which punish!?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Since WHEN can WW not AA Joker?

Parry is a horrible idea, 1 parry = 11%, one B2 lasso = vortex

And 33 can only be just frame parried which will never be done by anyone ever because not only is it difficult but not worth it at all.

7-3 wowo. I've played this matchup with the 2 best WWs since launch.
She can, but not consistent at all, his J3 when done at far range is not going to be AA'd. I actually thought twice with his number, and actually i thought it was easier to parry with Joker since his parry is 1 frame & you just have to press one button?
But anyways i agree on 7-3. I play Dark very often but i did more when my WW was still scrubby, i've been using Zatanna on him lately.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
On that note I dont see any reason ares would do a close teleport. I see this MU as a 5-5. Axe and holding sword mix up keeps her out of the air, her air dash mix ups can all be d2'd, the only oki ares worries about is in the corner. His cross ups blow up her spin in f2, 3 gimimcks. Ares gets a free mb f3 check on her wu if he ever needs it. His oki game I believe wins head to head. His behind GS setups hurt her. Hes far better with interactables, full screen combos lead to otgs etc etc. Mix up I would say is the same only she has actual safe options, but Im not even sure what that is, safe is a word I use for try less. Just my thoughts.
I could agree on 5-5 as well, i mean if he needs to get in MB teleport is a great tool, so we can't camp with a lifelead at all... His teleport truly hurts her oki game pretty much, i thought it had a counter, 2 days ago F0xy posted a tech against Shazam that i thought could work on Ares but i forgot about his MB tele. I'll change it to 5-5 ATM

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

Wonder woman has midscreen otgs that basically create her corner game midscreen. So she has just as much if not more continuous offense as shazam.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Also, WoWo can d2 between the hits of shazam's 22 string if she blocks the first hit standing. So the mixups off of that are limited (are shazam players still using this, I haven't played one in forever)

KIllaByte

Also, WoWo can d2 between the hits of shazam's 22 string if she blocks the first hit standing. So the mixups off of that are limited (are shazam players still using this, I haven't played one in forever)
On block, 2 can be cancelled into Achilles Clutch or Herculean Might to grab ducking (or standing state, respectively) opponents for big combos.
Shazams can read that a skilled opponent will try to punish the gap in the string, sometimes.
If the second 2 is blocked in the string, a 50-50 is still there.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
On block, 2 can be cancelled into Achilles Clutch or Herculean Might to grab ducking (or standing state, respectively) opponents for big combos.
Shazams can read that a skilled opponent will try to punish the gap in the string, sometimes.
If the second 2 is blocked in the string, a 50-50 is still there.
Problem is it's not even close to being a 50/50 since you can also backdash both grabs and make him guess with 22~torpedo. Even then, I'm pretty sure everyone can backdash after the first 2. Even when someone decides to take the command grab mix-up Shazam can eat a lot of damage if he guesses wrong and whiffs. In reality it's even worse than a 33/33/33.

KIllaByte

Problem is it's not even close to being a 50/50 since you can also backdash both grabs and make him guess with 22~torpedo. Even then, I'm pretty sure everyone can backdash after the first 2. In reality it's even worse than a 33/33/33.
Damn.
Do players have this down consistently yet?