What's new

My Wonder Woman match up chart (No hard af to read image)

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Unless you are very close to him it will be a hard af task to catch him on debuff tho.
How so? instant air punch, he cant punish if you do it perfectly, and ur in, and hes fucked. Ive noticed a lot of Banes trying to be proactive when their trait is down, to protect themselves, then you can just bait them to attack and punish. And, obviously, switch it up.

I played one Bane, someone probably on here, like a 2 or 3 months who totally curbstomped me as I'd never seen a good Bane, had no idea his stuff was armored like that. I played like normal trying to wakeup attack or armor through stuff and totally got destroyed. Then I tried him myself to figure him out. Same with Grundy, had no idea wtf he was about till I tried him. Grundy used to scare me more, but definitely a good Bane and his trait of death is wayyy more to be concerned about. Bane is the most unique character in the game I think.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
How so? instant air punch, he cant punish if you do it perfectly, and ur in, and hes fucked. Ive noticed a lot of Banes trying to be proactive when their trait is down, to protect themselves, then you can just bait them to attack and punish. And, obviously, switch it up.

I played one Bane, someone probably on here, like a 2 or 3 months who totally curbstomped me as I'd never seen a good Bane, had no idea his stuff was armored like that. I played like normal trying to wakeup attack or armor through stuff and totally got destroyed. Then I tried him myself to figure him out. Same with Grundy, had no idea wtf he was about till I tried him. Grundy used to scare me more, but definitely a good Bane and his trait of death is wayyy more to be concerned about. Bane is the most unique character in the game I think.
At full screen? He can backdash his way out of her, and at full screen IADG will whiff for a punish. He can also spam his air grab and it will catch her IADG.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I did just lose a few to a Lex, the only one I've ever seen online who was good, and his trait can kinda break a lot of WoWos game. Anyone have tips? I pulled mywins basically out of my ass just out of instinct, dont know how to play his setups.
At full screen? He can backdash his way out of her, and at full screen IADG will whiff for a punish. He can also spam his air grab and it will catch her IADG.
you said "very close". Obviously I did not mean full screen. I never just sit put at full screen, always gotta be within instantWoWopunch range.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I did just lose a few to a Lex, the only one I've ever seen online who was good, and his trait can kinda break a lot of WoWos game. Anyone have tips? I pulled mywins basically out of my ass just out of instinct, dont know how to play his setups.

you said "very close". Obviously I did not mean full screen. I never just sit put at full screen, always gotta be within instantWoWopunch range.
Not just his trait but his mimes and bubbleshots are bad for her tho.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Man, play my Sinestro and you'll be sayingmg the MU is 2-8 in WW favor. Blee it.
I played a really good sinestro a while ago, we were about even exactly, 15-15, i won the last 5 in a row once i figured his shit out, nobody uses him, but sintestro is great against WoWo, at least at first ey. His trait and keep away is great, and so is his d1 and wakeup attack against wowos crossover

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
Lobo 5-5 I can agree with this. I played a really good WW yesterday. I had to be super patient cause of all her air dashing and wake-ups but I won. Not an easy MU though just gotta play smart.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I played a really good sinestro a while ago, we were about even exactly, 15-15, i won the last 5 in a row once i figured his shit out, nobody uses him, but sintestro is great against WoWo, at least at first ey. His trait and keep away is great, and so is his d1 and wakeup attack against wowos crossover
I was just trolling man. Sinestro/WW is a really good MU and dare I say it interesting.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Banes armor just wrecks everything that she can do
Her best wakeup against Bane is the uppercut because it hits multiple times and negates his grab

I'm not saying he just destroys her. But he has a clear advantage in more places than she does. He can ignore ALL of our awesome corner stuff if he just blocks and has venom. Plus frames mean shit all to Bane.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Banes armor just wrecks everything that she can do
Her best wakeup against Bane is the uppercut because it hits multiple times and negates his grab

I'm not saying he just destroys her. But he has a clear advantage in more places than she does. He can ignore ALL of our awesome corner stuff if he just blocks and has venom. Plus frames mean shit all to Bane.
This sounds pretty legit, i also saw Mad listed WW as a winning MU :O i will defninitely check this out.

Vagrant

Noob
Deathstroke: 6-4 - Once we get in there's just nothing he can do, and his chip damage is not that bad, dash and block until you put him in the corner, if he is about to get cornered, you out footsie him with B2 & we can punish his wake up.
I think this matchup is even.

"his chip damage is not that bad"
His chip damage is irrelavent to his game.

"dash and block until you put him in the corner"
Am I just going to magically walk into the corner for you? I don't understand this at all. Your implying that without zoning he has no options but to just walk back into a corner. dash up d1, dash up f3, jump 3, jump back 3, are all either mixups, or lead into mixups that give deathstroke free offense when blocked. Why would I just walk into the corner?

"we can punish his wake up"
flip? yeah the whole cast can.
If your neutral jumping to bait out sword spin than flip should beat you or a backdash should work.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think this matchup is even.

"his chip damage is not that bad"
His chip damage is irrelavent to his game.

"dash and block until you put him in the corner"
Am I just going to magically walk into the corner for you? I don't understand this at all. Your implying that without zoning he has no options but to just walk back into a corner. dash up d1, dash up f3, jump 3, jump back 3, are all either mixups, or lead into mixups that give deathstroke free offense when blocked. Why would I just walk into the corner?

"we can punish his wake up"
flip? yeah the whole cast can.
If your neutral jumping to bait out sword spin than flip should beat you or a backdash should work.
Are you aware that WW can AA him consistently? We are better up-close than Deathstroke, if you dash up i can read it with D1~spin which has no much recovery frames on whiff... Also WW can D3 under his spin into full combo punish. He can still use that other flying sword wake up but we can block and punish. And if you are having problems with his wake ups she also has a midscreen OTG that leads into a 50/50. If we defeat him up-close and be patient this is definitely in WW's favor.

Vagrant

Noob
Are you aware that WW can AA him consistently? We are better up-close than Deathstroke, if you dash up i can read it with D1~spin which has no much recovery frames on whiff... Also WW can D3 under his spin into full combo punish. He can still use that other flying sword wake up but we can block and punish. And if you are having problems with his wake ups she also has a midscreen OTG that leads into a 50/50. If we defeat him up-close and be patient this is definitely in WW's favor.
Are you attending any tournaments in the future? I'd like to run this with you offline.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
You shouldn't base matchups on how you did against a character.
Base it on numbers and move list interaction, and how well one character can fight, disrupt or nullify another's core gameplan.

For example, with that in mind, Bane loses to WW fairly cleanly, and Deathstroke loses to her as well.