What's new

My Wonder Woman match up chart (No hard af to read image)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
On block, 2 can be cancelled into Achilles Clutch or Herculean Might to grab ducking (or standing state, respectively) opponents for big combos.
Shazams can read that a skilled opponent will try to punish the gap in the string, sometimes.
If the second 2 is blocked in the string, a 50-50 is still there.
Oohi didn't know you could use just 2. Thanks for the info, like I said, I haven't played a competent shazam in forever lol. But yeah the gaps are still pretty rough for shazam.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
On that note I dont see any reason ares would do a close teleport. I see this MU as a 5-5. Axe and holding sword mix up keeps her out of the air, her air dash mix ups can all be d2'd, the only oki ares worries about is in the corner. His cross ups blow up her spin in f2, 3 gimimcks. Ares gets a free mb f3 check on her wu if he ever needs it. His oki game I believe wins head to head. His behind GS setups hurt her. Hes far better with interactables, full screen combos lead to otgs etc etc. Mix up I would say is the same only she has actual safe options, but Im not even sure what that is, safe is a word I use for try less. Just my thoughts.
- There's no 'air dash mix ups'. The air dash is a part of a mixup in certain scenarios, one that isnt used on Ares.
- Everybody always talks how her spin can be armoured on wakeup, thats a pretty good wakeup scenario if you ask me, no different to KLs MK9 wakeup game, except in Injustice you can backdash on wakeup, so its even better for her.
- WoWo's B1 > Ares
- Ares has no good defensive options for her rush down, since she has armour breaking moves and his D1 seems to miss in most cases.
- She has an OTG/Empty jump into 5050 setup thats used for characters like Ares and Shazam on wakeup. So you could choose to teleport on wakeup, but in doing so you might get OTG'd and forced to block a 5050 attempt.
- D3 goes under his projectiles
- Ares may be able to teleport away from interactables, but WoWo can usually dash through them, D3 under them or jump back. Lasso grab knockdowns give free interactable damage too.

Overall Ares has no fullscreen threats since they can be parried, D3'd or just blocked in the case of the axe. Or air dashed on reation to. Up close he has no real threats either since she's either faster, armour breaking or crushing his hitboxes. Mid range his B1 can be ok, still not as good as B2, but really all it does is put him where she wants him.

Definitely not a 5-5 match

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I just noticed about her guaranteed midscreen OTG, this takes out the teleport wake up game for Ares... I will add that to the mu in the OP.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
- There's no 'air dash mix ups'. The air dash is a part of a mixup in certain scenarios, one that isnt used on Ares.
- Everybody always talks how her spin can be armoured on wakeup, thats a pretty good wakeup scenario if you ask me, no different to KLs MK9 wakeup game, except in Injustice you can backdash on wakeup, so its even better for her.
- WoWo's B1 > Ares
- Ares has no good defensive options for her rush down, since she has armour breaking moves and his D1 seems to miss in most cases.
- She has an OTG/Empty jump into 5050 setup thats used for characters like Ares and Shazam on wakeup. So you could choose to teleport on wakeup, but in doing so you might get OTG'd and forced to block a 5050 attempt.
- D3 goes under his projectiles
- Ares may be able to teleport away from interactables, but WoWo can usually dash through them, D3 under them or jump back. Lasso grab knockdowns give free interactable damage too.

Overall Ares has no fullscreen threats since they can be parried, D3'd or just blocked in the case of the axe. Or air dashed on reation to. Up close he has no real threats either since she's either faster, armour breaking or crushing his hitboxes. Mid range his B1 can be ok, still not as good as B2, but really all it does is put him where she wants him.

Definitely not a 5-5 match
MU experience?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
She can, but not consistent at all, his J3 when done at far range is not going to be AA'd. I actually thought twice with his number, and actually i thought it was easier to parry with Joker since his parry is 1 frame & you just have to press one button?
But anyways i agree on 7-3. I play Dark very often but i did more when my WW was still scrubby, i've been using Zatanna on him lately.
It will be AAd. I have both Foxy and Nivek doing it to me, on and offline respectively.

Joker's parry is not a reversal, it's a manual parry.

Glass Sword

Nobody
So yeah Raven wonder woman is 5-5 cause stuff. She gets zoned out like everyone else but can make up damage when she's in and shit. So yeah shit is 5-5.
I disagree. Wonder Women has the unique advantage of 1- having unfuzzyable 50-50s and 2- having access to shield stance. On knockdown you are subjected to free mixups. When she has the life lead she can patiently walk you to the wall. Also she can jump over soul crush like Superman and Black Adam.

You can't have Shazam as 6-4 just because he's considered a low tier character, yo.
What's your explanation?
Wonder Woman's only invincible wakeup is lasso spin, which is single hit-- blown up by armor.
If people don't wakeup against Shazam's hard knockdowns, they're blown up by a guranteed Herculean Might, if timed properly.
Hard Knockdowns are accessed off of Atlas Torpedo meterburn, which Shazam also does for almost free on WonderWoman, who doesn't effectively punish it at closer ranges. Shazam can use Torpedo against her from outside of her B112 range, and myabe just outside of her Back 2 range, and still come out safe on the other side?

Also, Shazam's backdash is GODlike. (Fittingly.)

After blocking B112, I think Shazam can backdash all the way out of her back 2's range, and her back+3 is too slow to punish Shaazam backdashes.

Shazam's OTG interactable combos, if available, also outdamage Wonder Woman's, as long as Shazam has 1-2 bars.

Shazam will lose clashes and metergame, but how does WonderWoman open him up outside of corner OTGS?

3, 3 low string with mixups with B2 don't work on him.
SS D2 stance switch b23 b3 F3 punishes his torpedo and puts you into mid screen otg vortex ... so you are totally wrong about that lol...

and oh boy arent shazam and flash players awesome when they find out that punishes mindless charges lolz

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Sees "6-4, we can punish charge with a MB move"

:|

You do need to play the MU more.
I've been playing it more, we can consistently AA him, but on debuff we don't get much, since he can just backdash all day & we won't be able to get a good punish. The real problem is Bane knocking WW down, it's not an easy tag :p i still think it's 6-4

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Ok so... I know i'm a nobody...

But... I guess i have played with very good players a lot of match ups with WW

My personal MU chart goes like this:

Ares: 6-4 - She can parry all his proyectiles which are reactable except for axe, and she can easily punish teleport with D1,2~tiara. The only whing that saves this to be a 7-3 is that Ares can escape her oki game and MB teleport, she has midscreen OTG's so his teleports on wake up won't work.

Aquaman: 5-5 - You have to out-footsie him in the neutral game, never try to jump on him, use his poor wake up game in your favor and if you get a considerable life lead go to sword stance for lower chip on FTW and if he tries to get in check his dashes, also you can parry F1~3 on reaction in sword stance, if he decides to do F1 B1 your parry and his B1 will trade & you will win it. In lasso stance you can punish FTD with B2 at a close range.

Bane: 6-4 (No much experience) - But you can punish venom charge with MB tiara except in 3 lvl venom, and parry his double punch. I need to play it more :(

Batman: 5-5: You can D3 his batarangs and his trait, once he starts MB his batarangs you can parry them with a well-timed parry, you can parry in between some of his strings & he can parry in between 33. Once you knock him down use his bad wake ups in your favor.

Batgirl: 5-5 - You can parry his projectiles so she has to get in, her teleport is kinda useless since WW is not a zoner, we out-footsie her with B2. But she has a true vortex, & don't even try AA on her.

Black Adam: 6-4 - (no much experience) WW can punish every blocked dive kick, she has IADG which is completely safe on him & it will defeat dive kicks, forcing him to get in & that's where WW gets fun, also once he i knocked down His wake up is not such a problem since we have B2 to whiff punish it, once he stats respecting that we can go for our normal okies.

Cyborg: 7-3 - (probably 6-4(?) i don't have much experience) - But WW can parry every fireball, and up-close she wins with her insane pressure. Once she has the life lead honestly i don't think there's something he can do.

Catwoman: 5-5 Both are oki & pressure monsters, but WW doesn't have o worry about back dashes. IMO in this MU whoever gets the life lead will be pretty defensive, Catwoman can check iadg with catstance~2. Also we don't out-footsie her at all because of her j2. WW can oki Catwoman all day unless sh has trait.

Deathstroke: 6-4 - Once we get in there's just nothing he can do, and his chip damage is not that bad, dash and block until you put him in the corner, if he is about to get cornered, you out footsie him with B2 & we can punish his wake up.

Doomsday: 6-4 (No much experience) - but in ss we can parry shoulder, if he puts trait on we can run from him with air demigodess, we can AA constantly with our godlike D2 & idk much more. Need to play it more

Flash: 6-4 - Footsie match! Both with amazing pressure & 50/50's also we can parry his overhead punch (don't remember the name) so he shouldn't end his block strings with it, punish LC, his B2 hasras much or almost as much range than our B2, also both have amazing corner games, who ever puts the other one in the corner... Ggs, also it's in WW advantage because he is mete dependant while she is meterless on everything.

Green Arrow: 6-4 (Maybe 5-5(?) need to play it more, but he can keep her away pretty well, once she is in her pressure/corner game will be a hell but this is universal lol.

Green Lantern: 5-5 - in SS we can parry his B1,3/B1,2/B1~minigun, pretty much everything except B1~missile. We can check his mobility with shield bash, in LS we can parry his projectiles, iadg is useless against him tho. Also end your combos with D3 then neutral jump 1 & you will stuff his wake up in both stances, he can keep her away well, but she owns the neutral and up-close game.

Haley Quinn: 5-5 - HQ can zone her well, no iagd, airdash or parry on Harley... Dash and block, we win the up-close game, while she wins full screen with a very good keep away.

Hawkgirl: 5-5 (Probably 6-4) No footsies on Hawkgirl because of mace charge, she owns the skies with instant air mace toss, but WW can parry them or dash & block. knock her down and use her bad wake ups in your favor.

Joker: 7-3 He can parry our B2 and in between 33, never get put in the corner against him, unblockables all day, also he has some good set ups on WW after stage interactables, we can't AA his jump ins and either jump, he has a very good D2.

Killer Frost: 5-5 Duck her daggers and dash in, block her icebergs, she can keep us away well, we still have airdash to get in, post-slide is always in our favor! D3 will defeat everything, once you make her respect tha you can go for more things but she will think twice before sliding again. She still has a vortex & meterless 50/50 oki.

Lobo: 5-5 - (Probably 6-4, no much experience) -His buffs made him better, he can now zone better, he has a true wake up now, that also defeats MB B3, he can oki us with his far range 50/50's, WW still beats him up-close.

Lex Luthor: 4-6 - His set ups make it SO diffiult for us to get in, he also charges trait pretty easy on her & our 1 hitting wake up will be stuffed with his armor, we have to take his oki.

Martian Manhunter: 4-6 (Probably 5-5) His zoning is annoying to get in against, specially his MB Orbs & pilars... We can punish his wake ups so he has to 50/50 guess once he gets knocked down.

Nightwing: 6-4 - His zoning tools doesn't work on WW, he has to get in & WW has advantage up close, his two escrima wake ups can be punished & we can D3 some oh his staff strings.

Raven: 6-4 (Maybe 5-5) We can D3 her soul crush, we definitely win up-close & she has to 50/50 guess after she gets knocked down.

Scorpion: 6-4 - We can punish his teleport with D1,2~tiara or D1~lasso spin, we can start pressure after a blocked MB teleport & he can't jump all day, we have a very good D2 also... All his wake ups are punisheable.

Shazam: 6-4 - We can parry all his projectiles on reaction, if we get the life lead he was to get in... We beat him up-close, he can escape our okis, but we have counters for that, we can punish a blocked torpedo with S2.

Sinestro: 4-6 - Be patient, dash & block, even tho he can check our dashes, we beat him up-close, his wake ups are punisheable, he charges trait pretty easy against her & it helps him to keep her out better or well, escape her pressure.

Solomon Grundy: 6-4 (No much experience, but it could be 5-5) his walking corpse must be respected along with his MB traitgrab, we have airdash that helps us in the neutral game and better pressure.

Superman: 5-5 - (Probably 6-4) WW has every tool to deal with Superman, we have to be very patient tho, parry his straight lasers & jump the ground ones, punish air lasers with air straight tiara or demigodess, both have pretty good footsies & air dash, WW has a good AA, both with sick corner games & both with punisheable wake ups.

Zatanna: 6-4 - WW can parry all her projectiles, punish teleport with D1,2~tiara, you can jump her trait missiles, she can escape our oki game, we have to jump at her after a hkd and airdash forward or backward on read, her cards are good fotsie tool here, but we can punish with B2 OR if she does it at far range we can get in, WW wins up-close, & WW midscreen OTG's help so much.

Zod: 4-6 - Her hardest MU in my opinion, Zod can control all the screen at the same time, check our dashes, he gets trait out for free & his wake ups are SO hard to stuff, even tho we can MB B3 them both, he has a parry for 33 & B2

Winning: 14
Even: 11
Losing: 4
I actually like ur chart and much respect for ur avatar. Rogue <3

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I've been playing it more, we can consistently AA him, but on debuff we don't get much, since he can just backdash all day & we won't be able to get a good punish. The real problem is Bane knocking WW down, it's not an easy tag :p i still think it's 6-4
Bane jumping in the Mu?
What bane are you playing? Lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol it's just a plus. Bane still has a hard time knocking her down, but on debuff we can't get on him that easy. I still need to play it way more tho.
I usually try not to play people because I'm not very good, like the number isn't what I disagree with so much as the reasoning behind it.
I wouldn't mind playing you some.