What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Guys .... you're forgetting that 21122 is a 5 hitting string and is -1 if you do the full string. if S2 was a mid and has a startup of 10 or 11, the character would be so broken. that's why i suggested to make its startup raised to 14-17 frames.
I don't necessarily agree. 21122 is very overrated now that tick throws and exsg pressure are gone. The fact that its a 5 hitting string doesn't mean anything anymore, (even chip damage has been nerfed) besides ease of hitconfirming. Its such a short range string, its incredibly easy to space out and poke or whiff punish. Especially with how mids work in MKX, all it would do is make it so you don't get bodied at close range by every single poke in the game.

Tweedy

Noob
Yeah, some guy had Gunslinger as the #1 character in the game. Specifically Gunslinger. After a lot of criticism(obviously), he changed it.

It's like that Kung Lao chip damage nah mean? @Dankster Morgan

Also, I want to say that Erron's S2 shouldn't be a mid, but if it were, I would auto-main, so I don't mind.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
He is s solid A. S tier no. If you match up Slinger vs other S tier characters it gets ugly. I honestly am completely fine with s2 as is, I just want a mid. I agree 21122 Could be broke if mid and I am on record saying that on this site and in other forums. I would just like them to make b1 a mid and maybe we could use b12 for once and not just as a novelty. As is, f3 is his only mid in the neutral. B2 is only good for tick throwing on opponents wakeups and AA'ing on a read.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I'd play Erron Black if B1 was a 10 frame mid.
@YoloRoll1stHit who is saying Erron is S tier?
Forgot his name but it was in Derptile tier list thread. Unfortunately that thread was merged so it's kinda hard to find the comments
Yeah, some guy had Gunslinger as the #1 character in the game. Specifically Gunslinger. After a lot of criticism(obviously), he changed it.

It's like that Kung Lao chip damage nah mean? @Dankster Morgan

Also, I want to say that Erron's S2 shouldn't be a mid, but if it were, I would auto-main, so I don't mind.
That was probably me.
I didn't place him #1, none of the characters are in order, still believe he's S tier.
But hey, not that placements matter but Gunslinger won another major against the best characters in the game, jus' sayin.
Here's the list: https://testyourmight.com/threads/variation-tier-list-12-06-16.60041/

Tweedy

Noob
That was probably me.
I didn't place him #1, none of the characters are in order, still believe he's S tier.
But hey, not that placements matter but Gunslinger won another major against the best characters in the game, jus' sayin.
Here's the list: https://testyourmight.com/threads/variation-tier-list-12-06-16.60041/
I mean Kotal does well vs Takeda, Sub Zero does well vs Cutthroat. Just because Gunslinger does well vs Sonya, and Sonic used him in that one match up, does not mean that Gunslinger won the entire major.

It's the kind of thing, where even you should know that you're reaching by saying "Gunslinger won another major".

And when you first dropped the list, Gunslinger was the first character listed in S+.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
I mean Kotal does well vs Takeda, Sub Zero does well vs Cutthroat. Just because Gunslinger does well vs Sonya, and Sonic used him in that one match up, does not mean that Gunslinger won the entire major.

It's the kind of thing, where even you should know that you're reaching by saying "Gunslinger won another major".

And when you first dropped the list, Gunslinger was the first character listed in S+.
Not gonna lie, that's true.
Never intended for him to be thought as #1 but S+ was a bit of a stretch, S-tier is still a possibility, though (also keep in mind, I based that list also on too advantageous offensive situations, which he definitely has).
At CEO, I was pretty sure he beat Piercing/Acidic using Gunslinger, but I was wrong, it was mostly Acidic and that makes a valid point.
Questionably S-tier, likely a top A+.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I'd like a stronger cancel game in Marksman, but I'm not sure how they'd go about that without messing with the other two too much.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Ferra Torrs zoning and counter zoning are shit, only good against scrubs with no patience or the few match ups where boss toss is actually helpful and can be used on reaction like against Reptile forceballs. Otherwise you throw away your whole move set for one projectile that doesnt go full screen, or can be jumped over or sprinted under for a full combo. Literally just block or dodge the toss ONE TIME, then you can do whatever you want to them. Unless you are the type of player to wake up projectile after getting tossed full screen then the tosses do more hurt than help from a distance.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
CHARACTER SPECIFIC CHANGES:

Sub-Zero:
- Jump 1 slightly normalized.
- J+3 normalized.
- D+1 is now 8 frames.
- Permafrost (1,1,4) is now a hard knockdown.
- Hurtbox on D+4 slightly increased.
- Frost Bomb (D,B+1+BLK) no longer has any push back on block.

Unbreakable:
- Normal parry is now 2F start up
- EX parry is now 1F start up
- Ice Parry now breaks upon colliding with a projectile attack and allows Sub-Zero to move and recover instantly
- EX Ice Parry now breaks upon colliding with a projectile attack and allows Sub-Zero to move and recover instantly
- Ice Aura no longer let's the opponent build meter when Sub-Zero is blocking any attacks.
- EX Ice Aura no longer let's the opponent build meter when Sub-Zero is blocking any attacks.

Grandmaster:
- Ice Shatter combos in the corner now have increased damage scaling.

Cryomancer:
- Regular Frost Hammer is now 0 on block.
- The last hit of Quick Slice (1,1,1) is now an Overhead.

Alien:
- Blocking hurtbox now adjusted to act more accordingly and consistently against all characters.
- J+2 now normalized.
- J+3 bug causing whiffed air attacks to have no recovery now fixed.
- All tail based attacks now have hurtboxes.
- All tarkatan blade based attacks now have hurtboxes.
- Armor on EX Overhead Flip is now removed.
- Tail Sang (D,B+3) no longer has any pushback on block.
- Xeno Strike (D,F+3) can now be parried.
- Xeno Pounce (D,F+3+BLK) can now be parried.
- Tail Flip (B,F+4) can now be parried.
- Tail Slam (B,F+4+BLK) can now be parried.

Acidic:
- Any ground based acid attack no longer grants the first hit bonus meter award.
- All acid puddles left from any version of Exo Sting projectile (D,B+2) no longer kills the opponent. (Acid Blood puddle D,B+4 will still kill and is unchanged)

Tarkatan:
- Tarkatan Rush (B,F+2) now does 1% chip on block.
- All Tarkatan Rush follow ups now do 1% chip on block.
I main those two, and I agree with you.

I only wish that Unbreakable's Ice Parry would freeze AND the air attacks (jump attack and air special attacks). Subby is supposed to be called unbreakable, because his philosophy is of the defense and he has his Ice Parry to reflect/freeze anything coming this way. Speaking of Grandmaster, they need to do something with those Ice klone whiffs that fuck up the corner kombos.

NRS should fix Alien Konjurer's sky drop drone glitch being 40% damage against Leatherface. I don't know if this bug occurs against other characters. Speaking of Tarkatan, they need to buff his attacks and special attacks up. With Tarkatan variation, nobody can reach 50%.

As for the general, they need to give a decent space and frame lag between the X-Ray attacker and its victim, so that nobody will add more attacks after the X-Ray (See Johnny Cage's and Sonya Blade's follow-up attacks after their X-Rays). This way the matches will be more fair.

And finally, a shoutout to Ed Boon to bring Fujin back. I'd love to main this Wind God. I loved playing Fujin since MK4.

SmokingWarrior

France règle
Making the parry able to freeze air attacks would be broken imo. But optimized the range (above Sub's head at least) of the D,B1 would be great.

Last edited:

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Tanya needs at least 5 less or lesser recovery frames on her teleport as the Dragon Naginata relies on the teleports. With this adjustment Pyromancer will be better and i also think the gap on b32 should be removed. The 3 4 special move delay revert is also needed ( her special moves including ex ones have been nerfed too) and split flip kicks ( normal and ex base) damage should be reverted back to 10 from 8. Kobu Jutsu is literally unplayable ( well its near unplayable) so her other variations could work better with those.

N00B

Noob
Immortal Thunder God Raiden NEEDS

Buffs
GENERAL
1) 10-11 fr F2 but -3 on block - its would be a good, balanced fast long range not true mid, its not would be too much because its has a lot of recovery on it, not like mileena's b1, its not true mid so 10-11 fr startup is balanced for a not true mid. 10-11 fr F2 -3 would be good, effective balanced long range not true mid like Kung Lao's F2. He just NEEDS it, he needs fast effective long range mid that he can able to attack more effectivelly from neutral distance e.t.c. much needed, reasonable buff that would improve hes bad neutral game.
2) 11 fr D4 -6 on block +10 on hit - COMBINED with F2 his neutral game would be good and its would deals with low profiling more effectivelly. Its also much needed reasonable buff.
3) 7-8 fr Vicinity Blast DB2 - he needs it.
4) 7-8 fr Vicinity Burst EX DB2 MID but -30 on block - its would be balanced fast armor launcher, VERY UNSAFE but fast, its would be very good for deffense especially for Thunder God variation. Also its buff but in the same time its nerf.
5) DF2 -4 or -6 on block and MID - No one should punish it, because of low reward, -4 or -6 its NOT Raiden's turn anyway and recovery on it is long, so this move being -6 on block hitting MID not a launcher its also balanced. Special move with 12 frames startup hitting MID -6 on block not a combostarter, not a launcher that has a long recovery would be absolutely fair and balanced tool. Its just helps him a little bit.
6) EX DF2 MID - Slow special move, unsafe armor launcher with long recovery and long range hitting MID would be absolutely balanced tool. This move being a mid just helps a little bit.
THUNDER GOD
7) Remove gaps in F12 B2 hold 2 *GAP* DF2 and 112 hold 2 *GAP* DF2 - starting from HIGHS.
8) 15 fr F2 2+4 string in Thunder God variation.

Nerfs
1) Ex teleport no longer plus or zero on block, down to -3.
2) And maybe nerf damage on 5% less.

Kung Fu Master Kung Lao NEEDS
Buffs
GENERAL
1) 6 fr S1 - Kung Lao NEEDS FAST NORMALS for up close game thats would improve hes bad up close game and he would can safelly gets out from pressure, also its high. One of the Much needed, reasonable buffs imo. Reminder its not would jail in tempest cause of +7 PUSHBACK on ex orb hat and again S1 its HIGH.
2) 9 fr 11 - Another Much needed buff would improve hes bad up close game.
3) 8 fr B1 -4 on block true mid and B12 true mid - Kung Lao NEEDS 8 fr Short range true mid thats also would improve Lao's bad up close game, one of the much needed, reasonable buffs too. its also would be fair and balanced because its has a SHORT range, -4 on block would be not Lao's turn and B12 -4 too and its would not jail with +7 ex hat because orb hat has pusback. More fast usefull normals and strings for a rushdown character = more fun. OR instead of buffing B1 would be EASYER making F1 8 fr, because F1 its already true mid and also has short range. So 8 fr B1 -4 on block and B12 true mid or 8 fr F1.
4) 7 fr D1 -10 on block - 7 fr D1 would be usefull too BUT for balance its should be -9 or -10 on block.
5) 13 fr B3 - Its also much needed, reasonable buff and its woulde be balanced because its not would jail into ex hat +7, and you can backdash, armor e.t.c. #mindgames. 13 fr true mid with good range its absolutely balanced, not too fast and not too slow for a true mid.
6) 12-14 fr F3 +6 on HIT - first of all, more usefull balanced fast normals and strings = fun, second, Kung Lao is a Kung Fu Master, so he should use more fighting technicks, kicks, punches thats called normals, strings e.t.c. in the fight, more footsies and ground game, its would be balanced because its stays -8 on block and has long recovery on it.
7) F34 +4 or +5 on block and remove gap in F3 *GAP* 4 - Its would be like most of the big legs, +4 or +5 its balanced for this string because its has long recovery on it.
8) 11-13 fr F4 -6 on block - Its also would be balanced because its NOT a combostarter or launcher, its just helps him a little bit.
HAT TRICK
9) Hat Trap setups, at least -5 on block that starts from MIDS and -3 that starts from HIGHS.
10) Hat call back and ex hat call back TRUE MID.
11) Hat A Rang hitbox s needs to be fixed, when its come back its should hit the opponent even if Lao gets hits and also maybe lit buff like +1 or +2 on block would be good, its for 1 bar of meter tho.
12) Reg hat call back -3 on block.

Nerfs
TEMPEST
1) Tempest regular orbit hat -4 on block - Minus Four would balance all of new fast normals, even with fast normals -4 its not Kung Lao's turn.
HAT TRICK
2) Ex Hat Call Back +7 or +10 on block for balancing new fast normals, maybe even +10 would be balanced because first of all you needs to set up a hat for pressuring so its would be fair.

Thats my buffs wish list for Raiden and Kung Lao. We think its very reasonable, logical changes that would make Raiden and Kung Lao very strong, more fun to play, complete, fair and balanced characters like Shinnok, Kung Jin, Jax e.t.c.

Lord @colt please, make it happen give Immortal Thunder God Raiden and Kung Fu Master Kung Lao those buffs and nerfs. Thanks.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I main those two, and I agree with you.

I only wish that Unbreakable's Ice Parry would freeze AND the air attacks (jump attack and air special attacks). Subby is supposed to be called unbreakable, because his philosophy is of the defense and he has his Ice Parry to reflect/freeze anything coming this way. Speaking of Grandmaster, they need to do something with those Ice klone whiffs that fuck up the corner kombos.

NRS should fix Alien Konjurer's sky drop drone glitch being 40% damage against Leatherface. I don't know if this bug occurs against other characters. Speaking of Tarkatan, they need to buff his attacks and special attacks up. With Tarkatan variation, nobody can reach 50%.

As for the general, they need to give a decent space and frame lag between the X-Ray attacker and its victim, so that nobody will add more attacks after the X-Ray (See Johnny Cage's and Sonya Blade's follow-up attacks after their X-Rays). This way the matches will be more fair.

And finally, a shoutout to Ed Boon to bring Fujin back. I'd love to main this Wind God. I loved playing Fujin since MK4.
Buff Tarkatan??????????? With all due respect. Get the f$&@ outta here with that. 50 percent damage combos are needed for Tark?!?! I'm sorry but this statement confounds me.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Good. You shouldn't be reaching 50% with Tarkatan Alien.
You know that only with EX special attacks you can reach barely 45%? Try this for yourself, if you main him. They nerfed Tarkatan so hard. The other characters can reach higher with one or two EX.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You know that only with EX special attacks you can reach barely 45%? Try this for yourself, if you main him. They nerfed Tarkatan so hard. The other characters can reach higher with one or two EX.
I played him for like a month. He's boring. And he's not about the damage and more importantly doesn't need it.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
HELL NO! a character with that many options should not be doing half life when he touches you. and they did not nerf tarkatan hard. Tanya got nerfed hard, cyber sub got nerfed hard, lao got nerfed hard. tarkatan is still top tier. the only difference the nerf made was that his reckas weren't braindead. hell I can't remember a top 8 he wasn't in