What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

omooba

fear the moobs
She can't zone. It's fact
Look at Mournful's glaive, you can clearly see how weak Pyro fireball is
Even Johnny Cage is probably a better zoner than Pyro
i disagree. am i not allowed to disagree? i think most people just don't know how to zone with her

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
i disagree. am i not allowed to disagree? i think most people just don't know how to zone with her
Wow "don't know how to zone with her". Her fireballs have extremely long startup AND slow travel speed AND terrible recovery. How to zone when if everyone can simply run towards her, react and duck block ONE fireball and they're in her face easily (except Bo Rai Cho probably....). Which zoning tool in this game have so many weaknesses like that? Her teleport doesn't help her zoning at all. She doesn't even have Kitana walk back speed to help her keep out game
And all the anti zoners or better zoners make her zoning even more unviable. What can you do about Scorpion, Kitana, D'vorah, Predator, Mileena, Quan chi, Kenshi, Takeda, Subzero......[insert half of the casts here]?

Mileena:
- normal hurtbox on roll
- a little more scaling on her combos
- d3 a little bigger hurtbox so it doesnt lowprofile everything
- 2-3 frames longer startup on ground sai
- no sai after blocked teleport
Piercing:
- add 1-2 frames on b+1
Kung lao:
- fix f+2 low profiling issue
-fix non-Tempest spin not giving combo sometimes when used as an antiair
- make his d1 7f down from 8f
Tempest:
- reverse ex hatspin to +12 (chip damage and meter building are not that great anymore)
Buzzsaw:
- less recovery on whiffed low hat
- allow combos on ex low hat in the corner
- a little more damage on his combos
Alien:
- give him a normal character model
- bigger gap between d4 and special when cancelled
- flip -10 on block
- adjust flip's hitbox so it doesnt hit everywhere around it
- add hurtboxes on his tail attacks
Demolition Sonya:
- Make her granades dissapear when she is hit
A-list Cage:
- knee no longer cancellable on whiff

Just a few that came to my mind ;)
No scaling for Mileena

i can get behind the 3,4 buff but the 2nd universa seems unnecessary
i would be fine with another fireball string but the reduced recovery on air fireballs i disagree with. i think the variation is fine, she works exactly she was meant to IMO
kobu jutsu is perfectly fine. maybe increase hitadvantage slightly but definitely not on block
lastly dragon naginata IMO is the most sept on variation in this game. one of my training partners uses her offline and she's one of those characters where you can abuse your oponents lack of patience. and i don't think the hurtbox change would affect it that much but to be safe i don't think they should change that.

sooo yeah i still think she's fine the way she is but i'm no tanya main you're probably right
Yeah.....we're definitely right

omooba

fear the moobs
Wow "don't know how to zone with her". Her fireballs have extremely long startup AND slow travel speed AND terrible recovery. How to zone when if everyone can simply run towards her, react and duck block ONE fireball and they're in her face easily (except Bo Rai Cho probably....). Which zoning tool in this game have so many weaknesses like that? Her teleport doesn't help her zoning at all. She doesn't even have Kitana walk back speed to help her keep out game
And all the anti zoners or better zoners make her zoning even more unviable. What can you do about Scorpion, Kitana, D'vorah, Predator, Mileena, Quan chi, Kenshi, Takeda, Subzero......[insert half of the casts here]?
imagine if her fireballs were as fast as say kitana. then you add in her keep away game with teleport, that'd be to strong. right now there's a huge amount of character's you can't get in on her till the end of the screen. including d'vorah. i agree she get's beat out by other zoners but definitely not half the cast. just my opinion. i don't look at just the match up against other zoners. that's just a fraction of the cast. and how you can say her teleport doesn't help her zoning at all i don't understand
Oh deers... all Tanya players are wrong and don't know how to use her... hrmmm

Teach us Swami Oomooba!!!
*there's probably not more than 1 compettitive pyromancer player
*not every tanya player disagrees with me
*you can't zone with her the same way you do with most other zoners which is why i think most people don't do well with her but yeah go ahead and enroll in my school online you probably need it

Last edited:

SE1Z3

Noob
Normally everything out of REO is basically a auto-agree for me, but I really, really don't like this list, specifically the hurt boxes on weapons across the board. The only way changes like that and also the air special cancels will work is if they are on a character specific basis, not across the entire cast. This whole list feels like a knee-jerk angry reaction. If I didn't know that this took a real significant amount of time to put together, I'd think this person absolutely hated this game. I can't agree with more than a handful of these changes. :(

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Suggestions for Balanced Kenshi:

(1) 1,1,1 Should be -5 ( @Wushu Warrior )

(2) 4,4,1,2 There should have no gap between 1 and 2

(3) S3 should have better startup

(4) EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) Should be Mid with faster startup, does 10% and doesn't knock the opponent full screen, but rather a very small distance.

(5) EX Tele-Beatdown is -25 on Block

(6) Add a new move EX Tele-Launcher. This is done after EX Tele BeatDown:

After EX Tele BeatDown is successful connected on Hit, Kenshi can spend another bar of meter to perform EX Tele-Launcher for an extra 5% and with a follow up combo.

(7) EX Tele-Launcher Launches the opponent High enough to the point that Kenshi can run to the opponent from full screen to perform the follow up combo. For Example, run 4,3xx BF3

(8) Instead of giving him EX Tele-Launcher. they can give him EX Tele-Stun. its the same concept of EX Tele-Launcher of using 2 meters, but instead of of Launching the opponent. the opponent is stunned and Kenshi can run up to the opponent for a follow up combo: for example, 2,1,1,2+4 Run 2,2xxDB1 run 43 BF3

omooba

fear the moobs
Normally everything out of REO is basically a auto-agree for me, but I really, really don't like this list, specifically the hurt boxes on weapons across the board. The only way changes like that and also the air special cancels will work is if they are on a character specific basis, not across the entire cast
who shouldn't this be done to?
for the record most other fighting games already do this so i really don't think it'll be that bad

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Suggestions for Balanced Kenshi:

(1) 1,1,1 Should be -5 ( @Wushu Warrior )

(2) 4,4,1,2 There should have no gap between 1 and 2

(3) S3 should have better startup

(4) EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) Should be Mid with faster startup, does 10% and doesn't knock the opponent full screen, but rather a very small distance.

(5) EX Tele-Beatdown is -25 on Block

(6) Add a new move EX Tele-Launcher. This is done after EX Tele BeatDown:

After EX Tele BeatDown is successful connected on Hit, Kenshi can spend another bar of meter to perform EX Tele-Launcher for an extra 5% and with a follow up combo.

(7) EX Tele-Launcher Launches the opponent High enough to the point that Kenshi can run to the opponent from full screen to perform the follow up combo. For Example, run 4,3xx BF3

(8) Instead of giving him EX Tele-Launcher. they can give him EX Tele-Stun. its the same concept of EX Tele-Launcher of using 2 meters, but instead of of Launching the opponent. the opponent is stunned and Kenshi can run up to the opponent for a follow up combo: for example, 2,1,1,2+4 Run 2,2xxDB1 run 43 BF3
Some interesting ideas here. However, using two bars is very risky for Kenshi, he needs to save meter to have success. Also, if this mid special attack that could launch into full combo (even using two bars) had similar startup than regular teleflurry, it would be quite broke xD

I think a mid EX Tele-Beatdown of around 15-16% with same knowckdown than regular teleflurry would help him enough and be more faithful with the spirit of the variation, making his zoning finally decent. Of course it should be more negative on block than regular TF.

4412 should have no gaps, I agree. This string would increase a bit his pressure, as 441 is +2.

the idea was. what's the most annoying thing about fisticuff players? spamming d4. now imaging if they were spamming armor breaking d4s!!!! lol. would also fix the problem of soo many people armoring out of b1212~
Lol ! Let's hope he gets something new, or at least an improvement of his current tools. He definitely needs help.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
if nrs changed to a mid ... then S2 should have a slower startup. maybe by 5 to 8 frames
Why? Its extremely close range, there are already mids that are faster or just as fast and reach farther.

I could see them slowing it down a little, but by 5 frames is kinda a lot, let alone 8.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Make that kung lao 112124 machine gun have gaps and be easier to punish , cause that shit is just fucking op . And after ex hat is still plus , why isnt kenshi EXSP safe at least .Talk about double standards . I think im not wrong on this frame talk lol No expert .....feel free to correct me ....

JDM

Noob
I posted some Cyrax changes a while back, did an entire writeup on what I think he needs now.

Basically I wanted EX bombs to no longer count toward the net misfiring. OR make it so EX net will work no matter if a bomb hit or not.

Also they should revert how long the net holds the opponent as well, since a raw net now gives you very little damage even if you spend a bar and you get no real decent setup.

So

-ex bombs no longer cause net to misfire (or EX net never misfires)
-Net holding time reverted.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
That's a lot. I would be ok if it were 10 or 11frames, but potentially 14 frames or more?
Why? Its extremely close range, there are already mids that are faster or just as fast and reach farther.

I could see them slowing it down a little, but by 5 frames is kinda a lot, let alone 8.
Guys .... you're forgetting that 21122 is a 5 hitting string and is -1 if you do the full string. if S2 was a mid and has a startup of 10 or 11, the character would be so broken. that's why i suggested to make its startup raised to 14-17 frames.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Guys .... you're forgetting that 21122 is a 5 hitting string and is -1 if you do the full string. if S2 was a mid and has a startup of 10 or 11, the character would be so broken. that's why i suggested to make its startup raised to 14-17 frames.
What's wrong with being broke......... Kappa

With the exsg pushback you can't follow that up. And if anyone blocks my d1 its a full combo punish.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
in all seriousness I would like them to adjust b12. I think b1 is 20 startup and high. They could easily make that a 12 frame mid and I would be happy.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
For more than a year NRS has been balancing Erron Black based on no-mid-rules. Post XL he turnt out to be very good with Gunslinger being A+ (some people even claim he's S tier). Mid s2 will make him broken as fuck

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Oh yeah, B2 is the hook punch that tick throws.
I still stand by my point, EB's neutral is def sub par but it's part of what balances him out, he already has good buttons to check you and keep you from low profiling him to death.