What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
The only things that should have a hurtbox are body parts not weapons. Like D'Vorah's ovipositors and Alien's tail. I mean, how could Shinnok's scepter have a hurtbox or Kitana's fan or Mileena's Sai's? It would be ideal but it doesn't make sense (yes I know how ridiculous that sounds in a game with mythological creatures and X-Rays/Attacks that somehow don't kill the opponent)

KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY

The CreepFather
KP3-Rain, Fujin, Sindel, and instead of a guest character it'd be nice to get someone completely random like Motaro.
Every ninja now has a classic skin.
Every character now at least has 3 skins.
New stage added to MKX.

I agree with the majority of game play changes and maybe add something like in game frame data for interactables.

Now as far as character changes go I can't speak on everyone so I will just list Lord Raiden since I have played him since release.
Raiden- universal
D4 is now 9F start up down from 13F
F4 is now plus 8 on block with no push back up from plus 6
Slightly increase the horizontal hit box of F2
Remove push back from a blocked f12b2(-2) MOS and Displacer
Might of Mordulus(B33) string is now plus 8 on hit up from -1

Thunder God- Lightning string chip is now .40% doubled from .20%

Displacer- Teleporting in place no longer takes stamina
Input window for meter burning teleport on wake up is increased
Raiden is now invincible while holding the meter burn teleport(think Ermac's vanishing move in mos)
Meter burning superman on hit now allows Raiden to choose what direction he throws the opponent

Master or Storms- Orbs placed in air now do proximity damage while opponent is standing under them
A full orb trap now absorbs all projectiles
Raiden can now meter burn air orbs in any direction
Opponent is no longer grab immune after blocking a orb trap

Make Lord Raiden great again.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
lemme do mine real quick
alien: f12(3) doesn't have a low

leatherface: killer's stance has increased projectile invulnerability. 1,2,2 is safe on every part. f1,2,2 is safe on every part

jason: command grab doesn't recover so stupidly fast

predator: suicide bomb stays on block and recovers faster

kung lao: ex hatspin is plus 10

shinnok: nothing

jax: nothing

kano: ex buff looses armor. b1 gets prepatch frames in only cybernetic

sonya: military stance always has a hole. demolition's bombs disappear on hit

johnny cage: can't runcancel on whiff. d4's hurtbox doesn't lowprofile so much. exrisingmimic is a mid. while fistibuff is active. all buttons armor break

kenshi: b1 is 10 frames. balanced force push and bf3 recover faster on block and whiff respectively.

erronblack: nothing

liu kang: dark fireball recover's faster and can be positioned rather than stopped. healing becomes an instant activation during which light fireballs give back health

kitana: nothing

ermac: reduce how long the bastard can fly for fuck sake

scorpion: increased range on f3 and increased hit advantage when fbc

kotal khan: reduced knockback on overhead and low specials

subzero: ice parry can parry anything from a jump in to a projectile(sends faster iceball)

reptile: nothing

mileena: can't do anything after teleport

ferra/torr: bosstoss goes fullscreen. can't ail after close overhead bosstoss

takeda: mid kunia no longer plus on block. overhead flip no longer safe. all cancels into dropped lazer are -7

d'vorah: better combos in broodmother.

cassie: can;t make 50/50's safe meterlessly

raiden: f2 faster in all variations. meterless teleport now 7 frames.

jacqui: df2 in hightech now plus. stanky leg no longer requires you to sacrifice you're first child to perform making it easier for high tech to runcancel into it. full auto exantiair now 0 on block.

quan chi: nothing

kung jin: ancestral's stun arrow has no timelimit.

goro: get's an advancing string

tanya: nothing

tremor: d1 becomes 7 frames. f1,2,1 becomes plus 1. all variations version of db1 have crystaline's frames

boraicho: no more gaps. ALL strings have better recovery frames making them stagerable. drink lasts longer. drink makes strings and specials recover faster(possibly plus).

triborg
csz: f1,2 can combo into meterless iceball midscreen.
cyrax: nothing
sektor: recovers later after doing up rockets
smoke: just nerf him please lol

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
My only Sub-Zero suggestion would be to have the Grandmaster medal turn blue during clone cool down, so both players know when they can do and expect clone to return.

Oh, and change sub-zero and klassic alt. colors to a white/blue scheme. He does ice, for Grodd's sake.
This is a cool change for subzero

x-azeez

@YOMI REO

-Completely agree with Fisticuffs needing an exfistbump, i've been saying it for ages xD

About this for Balanced Kenshi
"- The last hit of EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) is now +10 on block."

You also mean all hits of EX Tele-Beatdown come out on block? If so, super agree.
If not, the only utility would be in the corner after a combo into EX Tele-Beatdown restand...

I think the move should be a mid, with different frames than regular Teleflurry (more unsafe on block).
Yes. i also agree EX BF3 being Mid. this would help Balanced a lot

x-azeez

@Pig Of The Hut
@ismael4790

I think EX BF3 being Mid with a damage buff (( 16% )) is a good buff. but will it make Balanced Kenshi Overpowered. IMO, he would be Top 5 if that happens.

Also, you guys should start using Dead Woods. this stage helps Balanced Kenshi by a Lot (( The Tree Branch )) ... here is a match between Me and Sho Kahn

Watch At 3:34 & 5:50

I just hope they don't nerf the tree branch :D

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@Pig Of The Hut
@ismael4790

I think EX BF3 being Mid with a damage buff (( 16% )) is a good buff. but will it make Balanced Kenshi Overpowered. IMO, he would be Top 5 if that happens.
If it becomes a mid, they should change the frames of ex-tf on block, to make it similar to possessed bf3.

Anyway, Balanced is super meter dependant, he lives by meter. This change would help him for sure, but more in the sense of putting fear in the opponent's mind, because the Kenshi player shouldn't be wasting bars in ex-tfs constantly... He needs meter to take armor risks, to buy space and to break.

x-azeez

If it becomes a mid, they should change the frames of ex-tf on block, to make it similar to possessed bf3.

Anyway, Balanced is super meter dependant, he lives by meter. This change would help him for sure, but more in the sense of putting fear in the opponent's mind, because the Kenshi player shouldn't be wasting bars in ex-tfs constantly... He needs meter to take armor risks, to buy space and to break.
I agree. they should make it -18 or -20 if it becomes a mid.

This change would help him for sure, but more in the sense of putting fear in the opponent's mind
This fear is what i want from the opponent, because balanced gets zero respect :D

ismael4790

johnny cage: can't runcancel on whiff. d4's hurtbox doesn't lowprofile so much. exrisingmimic is a mid. while fistibuff is active. all buttons armor break
This is a VERY interesting idea for fisticuffs. Similar to Jason march buff:
  • Jason (Unstoppable) - while Punishment & Rampant are active most of your attacks will break through opponents armor
I would only add this property to a new exfistbump, not to the regular one, though.

Last edited:

x-azeez

• Jason (Unstoppable) - while Punishment & Rampant are active most of your attacks will break through opponents armor
I would only add this property to a new exfistbump, not to the regular one, though.
If this change happened. then like you said, only for EX Fist Bump. and EX Fist Bump should have the same recovery as the Regular one

ismael4790

If this change happened. then like you said, only for EX Fist Bump. and EX Fist Bump should have the same recovery as the Regular one
Maaan...slightly faster recovery at least, Jason gets it I think :p

However, without this extra property, exfistbump should be much faster to the point to be able to get combos off some strings, and give some + frames on block, like FF Liu .

omooba

fear the moobs
the idea was. what's the most annoying thing about fisticuff players? spamming d4. now imaging if they were spamming armor breaking d4s!!!! lol. would also fix the problem of soo many people armoring out of b1212~

So it's ok for Kung Jin, Cassie, D'Vorah, Sonya, Raiden, Ermac, Kano, Goro, Quan; but not for Jacqui?

Her body physically moves forward though to connect with your hurt box. Literally just imagine someone njp Tanya staff from max distance, or punished with a standing jab. How would that even work? The rest of the string would whiff? Or does she janky teleport up close so everything connects?

I'm not saying is easy or would occur with high frequency, but really MKX doesn't need more of that glitchy stuff. There's already enough broken hitbox/hurtbox stuff in the game without adding extra.
no, every single safe 50/50 should be nerfed, doesn't matter the character

Frizen

Noob
Mileena:
- normal hurtbox on roll
- a little more scaling on her combos
- d3 a little bigger hurtbox so it doesnt lowprofile everything
- 2-3 frames longer startup on ground sai
- no sai after blocked teleport
Piercing:
- add 1-2 frames on b+1
Kung lao:
- fix f+2 low profiling issue
-fix non-Tempest spin not giving combo sometimes when used as an antiair
- make his d1 7f down from 8f
Tempest:
- reverse ex hatspin to +12 (chip damage and meter building are not that great anymore)
Buzzsaw:
- less recovery on whiffed low hat
- allow combos on ex low hat in the corner
- a little more damage on his combos
Alien:
- give him a normal character model
- bigger gap between d4 and special when cancelled
- flip -10 on block
- adjust flip's hitbox so it doesnt hit everywhere around it
- add hurtboxes on his tail attacks
Demolition Sonya:
- Make her granades dissapear when she is hit
A-list Cage:
- knee no longer cancellable on whiff

Just a few that came to my mind ;)

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Buzz saw-

Straight hat on hit to not be -1 lol

Up hat or straight anti air to have less recovery on hit to allow for easier conversions with out using meter

11212 to be +1

Hat trick- dear god.... See @Eddy Wang

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
yeah everyone keeps saying pyromancer and dragon naginata are shit tier personally believe they're mid to lower mid but what buffs do u think they need
Tanya is poor and I'd definitely put her in bottom 3 overall. She suffered greatly from all of the nerfs / stealth nerfs and the universal changes hurt her more than most given that she is a meter reliant character. The universal changes were never considered in the last balance patch.

I posted most of these earlier but

Tanya
34 Reverted to pre-nerf
Quicker start up on air flip and/or significantly reduced recovery

Pyro
Another fire based string (243 or something)
Reduce recovery on air Fireball

Kobu
More advantage again with Tonfa Throw. She does not build as much meter with all the universal changes, so don't think it was necessary to nerf this.

DN is not my area of expertise, but it is one of the more difficult in the game and a constant uphill battle. The proposed hurtbox change for naginata would be ludicrous and would render the variation useless as all of her moves are slow and could be poked out of. Pogo gimmicks and mid range is what she relies on and you would be taking the latter away. If you were going to do this, you would need to significantly change the recovery of all her weapon moves to compensate. Vak is the best person to make suggestions about Naginata as he is the best player using it.

The difficulties with threads like this is someone always says "oh but <insert move> is good" or some crap like that. EVERY character has one or two good moves in the game - it does not mean they are a strong character overall.

I'm not some down player either. RS Kitana is my co main and I actually think she is a better than many are making out. The one thing on my side with Pyro is that no one plays her so you can get away with murder.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Kobu
More advantage again with Tonfa Throw. She does not build as much meter with all the universal changes, so don't think it was necessary to nerf this.
Damage of rekka readjusted to 5-5-2 (currently it's 5-2-5).
This willl increase her combo damage and meterless punish without doing anything about the post-nerfed damage scaling

omooba

fear the moobs
Tanya is poor and I'd definitely put her in bottom 3 overall. She suffered greatly from all of the nerfs / stealth nerfs and the universal changes hurt her more than most given that she is a meter reliant character. The universal changes were never considered in the last balance patch.

I posted most of these earlier but

Tanya
34 Reverted to pre-nerf
Quicker start up on air flip and/or significantly reduced recovery

Pyro
Another fire based string (243 or something)
Reduce recovery on air Fireball

Kobu

DN is not my area of expertise, but it is one of the more difficult in the game and a constant uphill battle. The proposed hurtbox change for naginata would be ludicrous and would render the variation useless as all of her moves are slow and could be poked out of. Pogo gimmicks and mid range is what she relies on and you would be taking the latter away. If you were going to do this, you would need to significantly change the recovery of all her weapon moves to compensate. Vak is the best person to make suggestions about Naginata as he is the best player using it.

The difficulties with threads like this is someone always says "oh but <insert move> is good" or some crap like that. EVERY character has one or two good moves in the game - it does not mean they are a strong character overall.

I'm not some down player either. RS Kitana is my co main and I actually think she is a better than many are making out. The one thing on my side with Pyro is that no one plays her so you can get away with murder.
i can get behind the 3,4 buff but the 2nd universa seems unnecessary
i would be fine with another fireball string but the reduced recovery on air fireballs i disagree with. i think the variation is fine, she works exactly she was meant to IMO
kobu jutsu is perfectly fine. maybe increase hitadvantage slightly but definitely not on block
lastly dragon naginata IMO is the most sept on variation in this game. one of my training partners uses her offline and she's one of those characters where you can abuse your oponents lack of patience. and i don't think the hurtbox change would affect it that much but to be safe i don't think they should change that.

sooo yeah i still think she's fine the way she is but i'm no tanya main you're probably right