What's new

General/Other - Mileena My Balance Suggestions

Do you agree with my ideas?

• Yes

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
Is she in need of touches, yes, much like 99% of the roster is. What you and everyone else fail to realize, is that her core game in Piercing revolves around mids, staggers and baiting. Its not MKX's guess my 50/50 and if you guess right, guess again. Is it a great tool B12, of course, but you paint it out to be SOOO good that she's miraculously going to open characters up off of her low profiling mids instead of free 50/50s the rest of the roster have.

Her unwarranted buffs as you seem to put it, were fixes. I guess air sais having so much recovery and being inactive the first frames they traveled was cool. I guess f4 being -32 was also alright. Mind you, that string while getting fixed also received a nerf. I guess low sais being -24 before and only +2 on hit was also alright. Oh and she was gods gift too when it came to the UNIVERSAL poke buff as well, cuz like you know, ONLY Mileena got faster pokes right? So Ravenous being near stupid at this point because it has absolutely no risk to take between specials and normals is also just cool? Lets ignore the fact that Ravenous can surpass Piercing easily with minor nerfs to Piercing, thus leaving us in the same exact situation we're in?

-Sai recovery should be reverted back to pre patch, but frame data should stay the same

-Overall damage nerf (preferably everyone), but with her, 5% less overall is justifiable

Like I mentioned above, you REALLY fail to see how her game revolves around baits and mids. So take away mids because you can't deal with the post block game? But leave in meterless, safe 50/50s?

Good mids don't make a character a tier of their own, you of all people should know that. Unsafe, meter dependent 50/50s ALSO isn't a trademark of a godly character. A character that is fundamentally sound is a top tier character, yes, but in what world does that make them SO OP? She is top, she has very few MUs where she genuinely struggles, but that doesn't make her broke. Its like everyone suddenly forgot the difference between top tier and broke, mixups and 50/50s.
5% damage.....what the actual fuck?

Despite our differences in the past, thats the issue with the game in a nutshell. Everyone has stupidly good tools, but without them, they can't contend nearly as well with the rest of the roster. And at the current state of the game, nearly every character has just ONE variation that covers everything they possibly need. A handful of unfavorable MUs, and they can easily switch it to their favor should they even need to.
Personally, I'd have to disagree. It's true everyone has questionable tools in this game. Though part of the reason for that is because everyone more or less points the finger at one another. "Don't take our tools away, take ____'s" which is why ultimately nothing gets fixed. Or as Brady once put it, people don't fully explore the character, assume he/she is bad, then make thread after thread wanting buffs & posting it all over the place. Not you mind you, but others. Which at some point results in 1 or more of those characters receiving a laundry list of adjustments.

Jaqui
Takeda
Kitana/Mileena to a lesser extent.

Character's go from solid to absurd, or very good to average.

Personally, I agree with many of the proposed changes Saltface is making, but I'm not in the camp that Mileena should be adjusted negatively while everyone else remains the same. I'm not biased in that regard. I could write paragraphs on everything in this game that needs to be adjusted in one way shape or form.

I'm also not naive enough to think that every problem from the top tiers can be fixed in one patch. They can't/won't overhaul the whole game which means only a select few are going to be adjusted and it may not even be in the way needed. So, while it would be nice to be in a world where:

1) They buff the Upper Mid to Lower Mid characters to the same level as the Top Tiers

or

2) Nerf all of the Top Tiers down to the level of the Upper Mid.

The only sensible option is the 3rd, find the most "Outrageous" things in the game and tone them down. This being some tools with A-List, Acidic, Piercing, Demolition, Shirai Ryu, Cut Throat etc. <- My personal opinion.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Idk...it seems very excessive.
Her damage now is excessive imo. She doesn't really need to damage the way Scorpion does(I draw the comparison because Ninjutsu and Piercing have comparable damage). Grandmaster has low damage mid screen because he would be really messed up if he hit like a truck mid screen too.

Her damage now is excessive imo. She doesn't really need to damage the way Scorpion does(I draw the comparison because Ninjutsu and Piercing have comparable damage). Grandmaster has low damage mid screen because he would be really messed up if he hit like a truck mid screen too.
Her damage seems fine to me. I'd be 100% fine if that 5% off was given to Pyromancer.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Her damage seems fine to me. I'd be 100% fine if that 5% off was given to Pyromancer.
She hits hard and Ravenous hits harder. Ravenous IS currently braindead because there is no risk or comitment to a single thing she throws out. Any unsafe string, just cancel into high pounce and make it only -3. You catch someone with high pounce, hit confirm into 16% and advantage. Restand them, like in the video below, and they need to either armor or challenge it with a 6 or 7f move respectively or else eat more pressure, or a high pounce check, AGAIN. Mind you, the second combo below isn't even optimal for Ravenous. And like what I was saying before, buff the restand more? Buff the bite TO a restand so its basically EXACTLY like Piercing? Keep the damage shown as is, even as both arent even full combos?

Last edited:

Meep8345

Noob
She hits hard and Ravenous hits harder. Ravenous IS currently braindead because there is no risk or comitment to a single thing she throws out. Any unsafe string, just cancel into high pounce and make it only -3. You catch someone with high pounce, hit confirm into 16% and advantage. Restand them, like in the video below, and they need to either armor or challenge it with a 6 or 7f move respectively or else eat more pressure, or a high pounce check, AGAIN. Mind you, the second combo below isn't even optimal for Ravenous. And like what I was saying before, buff the restand more? Buff the bite TO a restand so its basically EXACTLY like Piercing? Keep the damage shown as is, even as both arent even full combos?

Wtf piercing is 10x safer you maniac or wait you still forget your mid is 11 frames with good range, hard to whiff punish without reading it, and -1 or 2 on block so throwing it out isn't as much of an issue as ravenous trying to throw out f2 or something.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Wtf piercing is 10x safer you maniac or wait you still forget your mid is 11 frames with good range, hard to whiff punish without reading it, and -1 or 2 on block so throwing it out isn't as much of an issue as ravenous trying to throw out f2 or something.
Cuz High Pounce itself isn't a viable ranged true mid SPECIAL that is safe as well as 12f right? And b22 being 13f, safe, and also mids as well aren't cutting it too

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The Ravenous combo/restand stuff I mentioned:

And High Pounce safeness. Supposedly -3, but as you can see, slightly outside point blank range and it becomes even safer:

Meep8345

Noob
Cuz High Pounce itself isn't a viable ranged true mid SPECIAL that is safe as well as 12f right? And b22 being 13f, safe, and also mids as well aren't cutting it too
Bruh b1 sheninagans is way worse than pounce. Do I have to tell you how dumb b1 actually is?

To be fair, Ravenous, as far back as I can remember, has NEVER been a counterpick variation vs any character. Ever. Ravenous was a playstyle counterpick vs those who thought ducking vs Mileena beats her. Or those who were used to her being unsafe on her special cancels.

Piercing and Ethereal were the counterpick variations due to the different characters they did best against. (Fades for rushdown ie: Liu Kang, or Low Sai+B1 for space control/antizone ie: Jacqui/Kitana). So basically you were either a Ravenous main, who learned Piercing/Ethereal for MUs, or a Piercing main who learned Ethereal for MUs and Ravenous for certain players. Ravenous, while decent, just never had anything that hard-countered another character's toolset.

At this point I'm expecting her to be toned down, but I also think it'll either be too much, or the wrong things. If you tone down Piercing damage, leave the rest as is. If you tone down Piercing frames, then leave the damage as is. But eh, it's really up to whoever makes the calls at NRS.

Most of the characters in the game have a dominant variation with maybe one or both of the others for counterpicking. If she's to be nerfed, I just don't see that as the reason to do it.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
The changes salt face proposed aren't killing piecing or making her unviable in anyway their just toning her down to give other characters a chance against her and I don't see how the buffs he proposed to ravenous couldn't be implemented lol I don't see how down 1 pounce into mb roll or down 1 pounce is more threatening than piercing b12 at its current state being almost impractical to whiff punish unless on read and leading into staggers and mb roll mixups that lead into 30% or higher. I think you're just salty people want your character nerfed tbh

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
The changes salt face proposed are no where near killing mileena in the way I feel you think. They're just toning her down and in no way make her less viable they're just making her less impractical to fight. And the buffs he proposed to ravenous are completely reasonable I don't see how her pounce is supposed to be anywhere near as threatening as anything b12 can do currently or even after a patch like this would be implemented d1 pounce into a mb roll or d1 pounce mixup is nothing compared to b12 that is impractical to whiff punish that leads to staggers throws or mb roll mixups or whiff punishes that lead to 30-35%

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The changes salt face proposed aren't killing piecing or making her unviable in anyway their just toning her down to give other characters a chance against her and I don't see how the buffs he proposed to ravenous couldn't be implemented lol I don't see how down 1 pounce into mb roll or down 1 pounce is more threatening than piercing b12 at its current state being almost impractical to whiff punish unless on read and leading into staggers and mb roll mixups that lead into 30% or higher. I think you're just salty people want your character nerfed tbh
Not once did I say that she shouldn't be nerfed or that the nerfs were impractical. What I've been saying is why take away tools that make a character "oh so good", just to slap it on to the SAME character, different variation. If you don't main the character or lab her, naturally you will think that Ravenous is ok at best and buffs won't do any harm. My thing is, for someone that does lab her out, Ravenous is very close behind Piercing as is, so it still isn't helping the whole "balancing" aspect because she will still have tools that are deemed "broke".

While Ravenous may not be a direct counterpick, it is still more than viable and will still have to deal with the few MUs that give Piercing a harder time as well

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The changes salt face proposed are no where near killing mileena in the way I feel you think. They're just toning her down and in no way make her less viable they're just making her less impractical to fight. And the buffs he proposed to ravenous are completely reasonable I don't see how her pounce is supposed to be anywhere near as threatening as anything b12 can do currently or even after a patch like this would be implemented d1 pounce into a mb roll or d1 pounce mixup is nothing compared to b12 that is impractical to whiff punish that leads to staggers throws or mb roll mixups or whiff punishes that lead to 30-35%
The mixups and 50/50s off of Piercing are JUST as present and available in Ravenous with the exception of b21, thats it. The mindgames are still the same, the meta is very much similar, and the damage is actually in Ravenous' favor. I'm not saying she'll be less viable, I'll still pick the variation that does better regardless of which one it is. I'm just trying to point out that buffing an already buffed variation is essentially the same as buffing Piercing, and you will see it in time should it happen

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
Not once did I say that she shouldn't be nerfed or that the nerfs were impractical. What I've been saying is why take away tools that make a character "oh so good", just to slap it on to the SAME character, different variation. If you don't main the character or lab her, naturally you will think that Ravenous is ok at best and buffs won't do any harm. My thing is, for someone that does lab her out, Ravenous is very close behind Piercing as is, so it still isn't helping the whole "balancing" aspect because she will still have tools that are deemed "broke".

While Ravenous may not be a direct counterpick, it is still more than viable and will still have to deal with the few MUs that give Piercing a harder time as well
Ravenous doesn't have the same tools as piercing so its not reinstalling the same problem piercings tools are obviously meant to be defensive and ravenous offensive its logically taking what is too much from piercing (too much offensive options) and giving it to the variation that needs it more (ravenous) and while I don't think ravenous is trash I definitely don't think its scary at all and I've played against saltfaces ravenous and while I lost lol I still don't see how these buffs would cause the problem you say it would

ando1184

Noob
But there's no low to block. Roll is a mid.
I've personally never had an issue blocking this if I read the first OH correctly. The only argument I could see is that the move having multiple hits breaks armor. But then it's not like she's the only character that can do that.
Well to give an example from personal experience, I would do a string and special cancel into black dragon ball if I anticipated a counter poke. But because that counter attack turned out to be ex roll, I lose the trade bc I tried to cancel the ball and continue comboing instead of letting it fly. In this case yes, the armor breaking thing is the more reasonable and valid argument. But to me, visually it shouldn't be 3 hits to begin with. Gunslinger stance into up shots is 2 shots fired (makes sense), Lackey EX roll rolls twice (makes sense), mileena EX Telekick performs 3 seperate kicks (makes sense), mileena flipping over 1 time then rolling and it counting it as a 3 hitting move (doesn't make sense). But If you're gonna keep it 3 hitting (to save the armor breaking.....bc f12 isn't enough) then at least get rid of the 2nd OH and make it a mid.