Do you agree with my ideas?

• Yes

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Now I'm sure you all know there might be one final patch to this game. And you know how much people complain about Mileena now. Well if nothing is said she will get over normalized & not be effective anymore. I've put a lot of thought into this list of suggestions. So here they are.

Mileena Suggestions

PIERCING

-Make the B1,2 string -5 on block.

The reason for -5 is very simple. In it's current state B1,2 for Mileena does way too much & has way too much utility. It can be used for offense, defense, spacing, punishing, anti air, etc etc.. It can be used offensively due to the fact of Mileena's faster up close pokes & the variable frame data it has on block from different spaces. By making it -5 you eliminate the offensive use of it & give other characters a fighting chance against the string by allowing them to poke back when the string isn't spaced properly but at the same time allows the Mileena player excellent whiff punish opportunities if the string is spaced properly while keeping the mind games of "will the Mileena EX Roll to beat the follow up poke or not" & the mind games of B1,2 Low Sai or not to beat follow up pokes. In this way you keep the core of the character intact but at the same time it gives your opponent a fighting chance against this overwhelming string.

-Give B1 & B1,2 at least 8 extra frames of recovery.

There is one simple reason for this. Time & time again I have watched Mileena players whiff this normal & this string & I have watched them safely recover in time to block a whiff punish attempt or even catch an opponent's whiff punish attempt with the final active frames & hit them instead. By adding extra frames of whiff recovery you give opponents a more efficient way to land the whiff punish that they deserve when B1 or B1,2 is whiffed.

-Make B1,2 1+3, DD2 only +6 on hit.

Once again this is a combo ender that I feel must be normalized for one simple reason. This ender does damage, IS A RESTAND, offers free pressure (especially in the corner), & by having a variation that is supposed to be a defensive & spacing type variation to have this type of ender the other variations kind of become pointless & it makes all her other combo enders pointless. By making it only +5 Mileena keeps advantage but it's not to the point that she gets absolutely free offense after hitting a combo which takes a third of your life bar. In the corner she will still keep an advantageous position but it gives your opponent a chance to at least use an armor attack if they choose to in order to try & escape which can be easily baited out & punished.

-Normalize Damage Scaling on B2,1 2+4

This combo ender is another reason in which the other enders are pointless & makes the other variations pointless due to it's high damage output & positioning it leaves Mileena in. Not only that with a bar in the corner this ender allows for absurds amount of damage that the other variations can't even reach. By normalizing the damage scaling on this ender Piercing no longer is the highest damaging variation but Ravenous does which gives Ravenous more purpose.

RAVENOUS

Before I list my suggestions I will say that I feel out of the 3 variations Ravenous needs to be the purely offensive variation of Mileena.

-B1,2 1+3 should be a restand & B1,2 1+3 UU2 should offer at least 4% health back.

I feel one of the areas that Ravenous fails to shine at is the usefulness of the unique ender that it offers. I feel that the restand that Piercing has should go to the Ravenous ender since this variation was designed to fight up close & personal. When Mileena goes for the B1,2 1+3 in Ravenous it should restand but if she adds the UU2 it should retain it's current properties but give her increased health gain since it knocks the opponent away & she has to work her way back in.

-More advantage to the 1st & 2nd parts of High Pounce & Low Pounce.

The reasoning behind this is very simple. Damage vs Positioning. If the Mileena player only does the 1st part of either Pounce or the 2nd part I feel they should be rewarded with more hit advantage in turn for giving up the free damage. I feel with that change the Pounces become much scarier of a tool to deal with & makes Ravenous much scarier up close.

ETHEREAL

No changes. I believe this variation is perfect the way that it is & any further buffing to it will make it too strong.

Please take the time to review these suggestions & tell me what you think.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
You presented reasonable ideas.

I would add f1 being negative on block, like -4 or -5.
An armor breaking normal leading to a safe string that leads to mixups shouldn't be +2.

Also, teleport into sai/no sai mixup should disappear in some way. All teleports should be full punishable on block.

Last edited:
Tbh, I'd leave her alone as there is more other dumb shit and variations that need attention with other characters, which probably won't be addressed since its too late in the day now from the way I see it.

Not one to comment on her entirely as you know the character well but if piercing is changed it would kill the varation.

People only starting complaining after the beta changes and with foxy g doing well with her.

ismael4790

Tbh, I'd leave her alone as there is more other dumb shit and variations that need attention with other characters, which probably won't be addressed since its too late in the day now from the way I see it.

People only starting complaining after the beta changes and with foxy g doing well with her.
Some people started to see how good she was back in september, before foxy started to use her, actually.

She's at least top 2, almost 0 weaknesses and few or no bad mus. She needs a touch, man.

SaltFace NS

Not one to comment on her entirely as you know the character well but if piercing is changed it would kill the varation.

You miss the point of what really happened. A character that was like 1 buff away from becoming stupid got like 6 buffs & 4 of them weren't even needed. Add the fact no one for a whole year learned the match up.

SaltFace NS

Some people started to see how good she was back in september, before foxy started to use her, actually.

She's at least top 2, almost 0 weaknesses and few or no bad mus. She needs a touch, man.
In September it was only me using her in majors & making it far. I was always stopped by my own Yomi teammates or Sonic Fox. Besides that I practically beat just about everyone in my path.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Nope, man, Mileena can get a sai/no sai mixup after teleport on block, and many character don't have an answer that covers both scenarios, so she can get away almost for free 50% of the times.
You know I don't want to seem like some leetist or anything, but I have never had a problem punishing teleport sai on block. After the teleport is blocked you come out of blockstun before any sai can come out, neutral duck and no matter how low the sai comes out it will whiff. After that even if its not a clean punish its your turn (unless your online)

That being said Sai needs more recovery frames in general.

SaltFace NS

You know I don't want to seem like some leetist or anything, but I have never had a problem punishing teleport sai on block. After the teleport is blocked you come out of blockstun before any sai can come out, neutral duck and no matter how low the sai comes out it will whiff. After that even if its not a clean punish its your turn (unless your online)

Who do you use?

ismael4790

It is not impossible to punish, but as you say, it needs more recovery, it should be a clean punish and for most characters it's not like this, some of them even have to make a read to punish, when they should be awarded with a clear punish for blocking a teleport, not only with getting the turn.

ando1184

Noob
@YOMI RM SaltFace, what about her jump 1 and d1? I don't think the hitbox on jump 1 should be as big as it currently is. It hits both in front and behind the opponent and makes contact incredibly low to the ground from such a high jump arc. D1 I think just needs to be 7f not 6f. With her design for versatility and having d3 as her up close and personal poke (which low profiles other characters' d1's and can also AA extremely well), d1 is just more icing on that cake. It AA's, counter pokes, and sets up both the f12 and b12 mind games perfectly. So knocking it down a frame I don't think is too unreasonable. Your thoughts on this bud? Also, are you going to go back to mileena if she gets "normalized?"

Last edited:

SaltFace NS

Who ya think? I mean I haven't played top lel Mileena so I may just be lucking out. But F/T d1 is great with a huge vertical hitbox, and I think db2 might be able to stuff the sai as it comes out.
Hey you never know I've seen people with Mileena icons that play Kitana on here lol.

F/T gets good punishes no matter what. Other characters ain't so lucky.

SaltFace NS

@ando1184 hit it on the head there too. Her air presence is just too good, air sai's and teleport are already better than 60% of the cast, but having a ridiculous jump in is just frustrating.
The only reason I don't talk about nerfing the jump in is because if you normalize hers then hit Sub's, Jax's Kung Jin's, Takeda NJP...see where I'm going with this.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Yea I remember the bradycast or whatever where he complained about it.
@YOMI RM SaltFace
What about simply reducing the window to cancel into a sai? I don't think its too unfair for some charactes to struggle to punish it, but by reducing the cancel window it becomes easier to react to the sai/no sai mix up.

Last edited:

SaltFace NS

I only disagree with the damage output of piercing because too many characters hit like trucks so its fair IMO. With all the vortex/50 50 characters, she needs a way to keep up.

Putting b12 back to -5 is very fair as long as we agree to keep b1 at -1. I don't want them to put it back to -16 or whatever craziness it was at release.
It will still hit hard just not harder than Ravenous. If you want raw damage play Ravenous. Piercing has enough already.

Kamikaze_Highlander

The only reason I don't talk about nerfing the jump in is because if you normalize hers then hit Sub's, Jax's Kung Jin's, Takeda NJP...see where I'm going with this.
Not really, different characters should have different properties for different moves. Mileena overall just has too many good things, she doesn't need such strong jump ins.

And yea Kung Jin ji hitboxes need addressing