What's new

Mortal Kombat (2011) Matchup Chart

Odoyle

Drops combos
Apparenly not, we played in the MLG online tournament 2 nights ago and he beat me 2-1 lol

I need more matchup experience. Lost to Kabal because of it, and now I lost to Reptile because of it.
I'm 2-0 vs him......and 0-2 vs you (fun stuff though) :boxing: I'm really surprised Sub's a 4-6 against Reptile according to TB. I feel like if I can get Reptile in the corner he's playing my game. If Rep's projectiles get predictable you can counter it with a jump in, get a free combo and get your wake-up game started.

I do understand the 4-6 to Kitana though. I used to own every fricken Kitana I'd meet....until I played you. :p People playing online ranked are such scrubs lol

Upball was never safe vs raiden. While a hard punish it was -8 so a perfectly timed superman would punish old kano. Now with +6 on recovery you have years to punish correctly.

Raiden is a hard counter or as close as there is to a hard counter for majority of the cast. That alone makes him a strong character.

His only weakness in my book is his strings aren't great so some of the characters that can get in like cage or sub near the corner can pressure him much better than he can pressure them. His pressure may not be reptiles but given he has his teleport it shouldn't be.

Sub stuff ---------------------------------------------------------------
Ya sub-kit is either 4-6 like brady says or 5-5 no way it's in kits favor.

rep - sub looked 5-5. Only matches i've seen tom play vs rep was chris g and he simply got outplayed. If he'd caught on to how chris was out laming him with fireballs he easily could have turned that match around.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Upball was never safe vs raiden. While a hard punish it was -8 so a perfectly timed superman would punish old kano. Now with +6 on recovery you have years to punish correctly.
I think that P2W was talking about punishing sweep distance blocked upballs which he is at less of a disadvantage because he hits later. Tom Brady talked about this on one of the S1lent1 and TB shows.

Rep vs Sub - Can't Reptile punish Sub hiding behind his clone throwing iceballs from 1/2 or so with ex dash into slide for 23% or more in the corner? I don't know the matchup so I don't know.

DrDogg

Noob
1 his distance game is solid.... duck or ex superman. sim style projectile punish against medium recovery and greater fireballers

2 his anti air game is top 3 in the game... nobody knows the trick yet. it also is a free 30+% and anycross up/jump in pressure

3 yepp the reason he is so lame and defensive/reactive character now. those strings are unsafe (used to be +1 or even). no pressure game from raiden except f. 2, 4 and thats not real damage unless its in the corner

4 his tele is useless in high level play if you are playing someone that staggers their projectiles and has a d. 1 (ohh wait everyone has that) or a decent uppercut

5 old kano? did i miss something the up ball at sweep range or closer is not safe? at summer slam we tested this. thtb only landed superman 3/10 times on blocked kano ball. and in match situation... off reaction is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hard. by the time your brain processed seeing an up ball.. he is already on the ground. when raidens tele was decent i would stand infront of kanos on wakeup and tele... up ball whiffs... and superman. thats why i got through kanos at UFGT. not anymore

...another aside... if you mainly play online... frame date is only a guide. the game is still a bit mushy online
So much wrong with this post... You're trolling right?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Rep vs Sub - Can't Reptile punish Sub hiding behind his clone throwing iceballs from 1/2 or so with ex dash into slide for 23% or more in the corner? I don't know the matchup so I don't know.
EX dash doesn't have any sort of invincibility.

Also, just something I noticed...keep an eye on Kabal's matchups as this chart gets finished up more and more. :)

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Can reptile ex slide go through the clone? I remember fighting a reptile and on wake up he would ex slide through my clone, but maybe its cause i was standing to close to it and low hits can poke sub when hes behind it?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Can reptile ex slide go through the clone? I remember fighting a reptile and on wake up he would ex slide through my clone, but maybe its cause i was standing to close to it and low hits can poke sub when hes behind it?
No its because any wakeup attack when executed properly has 8 frames of invincibility on startup. So he was just passing through your clones within that period of invulnerability.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Unless it's on wakeup and you plant it very close to Reptile, then no. EX slide has faster startup and travels faster than regular slide, so the wakeup invincibility works better with it.

Reptile doesn't use meter to deal with Sub, anyway, so EX slide in this matchup is kinda useless.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I$AAC said:
ok I'll join the party. Here's my matchup ratings for Kano

vs Scorpion 6-4
vs Liu Kang 5-5
vs Kung Lao 6-4
vs Sindel 6-4
vs ermac 6-4
vs Reptile 5-5
vs Kitana 7-3
vs johnny Cage 4-6
vs Jade 5-5
vs Mileena 6-4
vs Nightwolf 4-6
vs Cyrax 6-4
vs Noob 5-5
vs Smoke 4-6
vs Sektor 5-5
vs Sonya 6-4
vs Jax 6-4
vs Sub-Zero 4-6
vs Stryker 6-4
vs Shang Tsung 7-3
vs Baraka 7-3
vs Kabal 5-5
vs Raiden 5-5
vs Cybersubzero 5-5
vs Sheeva 6-4
vs Quan Chi 7-3
vs Skarlett 4-6
Kano does not beat Kung Lao. I don't think Kung Lao has any losing match ups. Also, Kano vs. Kitana is no longer 7:3. She can fight him now. There are other match ups that are wrong too, which I may get into later on.

PLAYING TO W1N said:
... kano upball dude... as we tested at summer slam... only a few characters can consistently punish. so 80% of the cast cannot do anything about it if it is done at the correct range.
Dude, the Up Ball has been fixed recently. It has 6 more frames of recovery. Raiden can punish the Up Ball in his sleep now.

babalook

Noob

Also, just something I noticed...keep an eye on Kabal's matchups as this chart gets finished up more and more. :)
i was wondering when someone would realise that kabal has almost no bad matchups and plenty of 6-4's in his favor

D. R.

Noob
No its because any wakeup attack when executed properly has 8 frames of invincibility on startup.
This isn't true for all wake up attacks. I know for a fact I've been hit out of Noob's wake up upknee numerous times by attacks, Smoke's b+2 being a prime example. I've even gone to training mode with a friend and practiced this. It says very clearly "wake up" over my meter when I'm doing the upknee, and he justs hits me right through it like it never happened. I'm aware other characters have this issue as well. It needs to be fixed IMO.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
does EVERYONE have a 7-3 against baraka? lol. Im determined to uncover technology with him that makes him better

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
no, its just that JOP is the only very good baraka i have ever seen and no one uses him on that level yet. most ppl underestimate him.
Im going to try. Josedacuban is really good too. Im sure JOP is amazing but all ive seen is his cage. Baraka has good frame traps and advantage with some decent meter game, but thats about all he has going on atm.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
from my prepective heres how i feel Sindel does vs the cast first number being sindels wins the second being her foes wins..

vs Scorpion 5-5
vs Liu Kang 4-6
vs Kung Lao 3-7
vs Subzero 5-5
vs Sindel 5-5
vs ermac 4-6
vs Reptile 3-7
vs Kitana 4-6
vs johnny Cage 4-6
vs Jade 5-5
vs Mileena 4-6
vs Nightwolf 4-6
vs Cyrax 3-7
vs Noob 5-5
vs Smoke 4-6
vs Sektor 5-5
vs Sonya 6-4
vs Jax 6-4
vs Kano 4-6
vs Stryker 6-4
vs Shang Tsung 5-5
vs Baraka 6-4
vs Kabal 4-6
vs Raiden 3-7
vs Cybersubzero 4-6
vs Sheeva 6-4
vs Quan Chi 5-5
vs Skarlett 4-6
i agree entirely however, i do think the noob matchup is more 4-6....i have the most trouble with him right now.....any tips?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
i agree entirely however, i do think the noob matchup is more 4-6....i have the most trouble with him right now.....any tips?
Every time you jump over a tackle or slide, you get a free air fireball. Just don't mindlessly jump in the air, but once you hit him with one, throw another. I'm pretty sure that he has to block it.

There are still quite a few characters that aren't done yet. I'll list them and some players I know of that could contribute.

Kabal - Michaelangelo, Online Tony, REO
Kung Lao - Tom Brady, Perfect Legend, Marvaz
Liu Kang - Hugo101, Juggernaut
Mileena - AC1984, Mr. Mileena
Nightwolf - Tom Brady, REO
Raiden - Tom Brady, JOP, P2W
Scorpion - um, yeah
Sektor - Sektroll
Shang Tsung - DetroitBallin
Sheeva - NoDoubt
Smoke - Chago, Aris
Sonya - Wonder Chef

I did a mockup of Mileena and Smoke from when I used to play them:

Mileena:
6 vs Baraka
4 vs Cybersubzero
4 vs Cyrax
4 vs ermac
5 vs Jade
6 vs Jax
6 vs johnny Cage
5 vs Kabal
4 vs Kano
5 vs Kitana
4 vs Kung Lao
5 vs Liu Kang
4 vs Nightwolf
5 vs Noob
6 vs Quan Chi
4 vs Raiden
6 vs Reptile
5 vs Scorpion
5 vs Sektor
5 vs Shang Tsung
6 vs Sheeva
6 vs Sindel
5 vs Smoke
5 vs Sonya
5 vs Stryker
4 vs Subzero

Smoke:
5 vs Baraka
4 vs Cybersubzero
4 vs Cyrax
5 vs ermac
5 vs Jade
5 vs Jax
4 vs johnny Cage
4 vs Kabal
6 vs Kano
4 vs Kitana
4 vs Kung Lao
5 vs Liu Kang
5 vs Mileena
4 vs Nightwolf
6 vs Noob
6 vs Quan Chi
4 vs Raiden
4 vs Reptile
4 vs Scorpion
5 vs Sektor
6 vs Shang Tsung
6 vs Sheeva
6 vs Sindel
5 vs Sonya
6 vs Stryker
4 vs Subzero

This is just my opinion. Those who actually main them, please dispute!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Great to see Noob scoring so well and getting up towards top tier. This guy has been undervalued for so long. Scary Saibot.

D. R.

Noob
Great to see Noob scoring so well and getting up towards top tier. This guy has been undervalued for so long. Scary Saibot.
He doesn't say "FEAR ME" before a match for shits and giggles. :evil:

Except to Lord Raiden. smh :(

:fuckyou: Thunder Queer.

DrDogg

Noob
No its because any wakeup attack when executed properly has 8 frames of invincibility on startup. So he was just passing through your clones within that period of invulnerability.
That can't be accurate... Is there any way to determine if you're "executing properly"? Because I know I've been hit out of wake-up attacks and hit people out of wake-up attacks when the "Wake-Up" text appears.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
That can't be accurate... Is there any way to determine if you're "executing properly"? Because I know I've been hit out of wake-up attacks and hit people out of wake-up attacks when the "Wake-Up" text appears.
8 frames is not very long at all. Think about it, 8/60 frames in one second.

If your opponent does a move a little late or one that has active frames that last longer than 8 seconds like a slow or meaty sweep, then those 8 frames come and go and you get hit out of your wakeup.

I thought the same as you when I started playing Kitana and constantly got hit out of my wakeup square boost, even by standing jabs and was like WTF!? ... but now that I understand that only the first 8 frames are invincible, and I am getting hit after that window, I can make adjustments and deal with it.

D. R.

Noob
Let's get started on Scorpion, as I feel his potential is seriously overlooked. Scorpion has no glaring bad match ups. He has all the tools. His 1,1,1 string is fantastic for pressure as each hit can be cancelled individually. A fast overhead in his f+3 keeps the opponent standing and open for his f+4 xx spear. You turtle, he hellfires. He's high risk, high reward at times though. Take into consideration how bad some characters can punish f+4 xx spear, b+2, teleport, and a missed helfire, then match that against Scorpion's damage output if he does make a correct read, 30%-40% no meter, 45%+ with meter. He's actually a very solid character.

Dark_Rob

Noob
It is accurate. You have to remember though that different wakeup attacks have different startup times. How much each wake up move benefits from those 8 frames of invincibility depends largely on how long the startup is for that move. Reptile's elbow dash is the fastest move in the game. Its like 5 or 6 frames, so the entire move is invincible on wakeup.
Kung Lao's spin will also benefit greatly from it.
Subzero's slide...ehhh not so much.
Take Strykers wake up roll/trip move. The startup on it is actually so long that the invincibiity wears off before the startup is over. If you time it right you can hit him right out of it.

8 frames is not very long at all. Think about it, 8/60 frames in one second.

If your opponent does a move a little late or one that has active frames that last longer than 8 seconds like a slow or meaty sweep, then those 8 frames come and go and you get hit out of your wakeup.

I thought the same as you when I started playing Kitana and constantly got hit out of my wakeup square boost, even by standing jabs and was like WTF!? ... but now that I understand that only the first 8 frames are invincible, and I am getting hit after that window, I can make adjustments and deal with it.
Konqrr's got it laid out pretty good here to.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
The way I see it, using Konqrrs post,
Smoke:
5 vs Baraka ( At the very least 6 vs Baraka, I have NEVEr had a problem against any type of baraka, what is he going to do)
4 vs Cybersubzero
4 vs Cyrax
5 vs ermac
5 vs Jade
5 vs Jax
4 vs johnny Cage
4 vs Kabal
6 vs Kano
4 vs Kitana
4 vs Kung Lao
5 vs Liu Kang
5 vs Mileena ( This may just be conflicting playstyles, but Mileena is a pain. Her footies are fast, she can teleport over, A lot of pressure and anti zoning her is useless. So I'd say 4 vs a mileena)
4 vs Nightwolf
6 vs Noob
6 vs Quan Chi
4 vs Raiden
4 vs Reptile
4 vs Scorpion (5- I shake his projectile, and punish his teleports at the very least it's a even 5-5)
5 vs Sektor
6 vs Shang Tsung
6 vs Sheeva
6 vs Sindel
5 vs Sonya
6 vs Stryker
4 vs Subzero ( 5- 5 Subs zones, Smoke anti zone, Smoke forces sub to come to him, on his terms Smoke is hard to keep in the corner, which is subs main purpose all he's going to do at distance is snow ball, he HAS to come to me, and using slide can cost him a pretty penny if I block. He'll eat 40%)