What's new

Mortal Kombat 11's Full Roster

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
What do you guys and gals think? Pretty good roster imo :)
tbh, i've warmed up a lot to the roster, to the point I actually love it. When ppl were projecting the first 15 or so characters (I think right before D'Vorah was revealed) I was REALLY not liking those projections. Seemed like MK9 cut in half.

But once the roster was leaked, I started thinking about it all. Only 3 new characters, which is good for a game w/ so many established, existing characters. Only a few ninjas, which is good for variety's sake (Reptile and Smoke will probably be DLC anyway). A nice mix of MK2, UMK3, and MKX characters (I think the 3 most relevant rosters in the series). Even a 3D era character (tho I wish there were a few more)!

Are some of my favorites missing? Hell yes. But I don't mind. The roster has a really good balance of classic characters, new series mainstays, unexpected returns, etc.

Can people people PLEASE stop being so naive around here? There are 24 characters in the main roster, nothing more.
Exactly. it's 25 at launch, including Shao Kahn. Didn't Boon confirm 25 in the rapid fire Q&A, anyway?

Why we including Frost though?
You Trumping? The full roster leak was basically confirmed as accurate by Boon himself. And she's on it.

25 is a reasonable number for a FG these days.
Not even, "these days". 25 has always been acceptable as a base game launch roster, not including updated versions, DLC, etc.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Your forgetting secret characters have been confirmed though. What form these take is anyone's guess but that does mean there's a solid chance they will be selectable.

Personally I find it really hard to believe Kronica won't be playable, despite what they say.

Reactions: Zev

LeoMK29

Noob
Muuuuuuuch better than MKX.

First off, happy Mileena isn't in. That's the one character that never clicked with me. People seem to forget she's (soap bar in my mouth). Like, actually so. She's a grown woman with the mind of a child. Yet somehow she would be capable of scheming and plotting and..ruling a realm? GTFO LOL. If they had doubled down on her feral aspect, I might have liked her.

However, her not being in the main roster also means she's potential DLC and that would arguably be worse cause I have to pay to not play her - but I need her in the game to practice against her bullshit, right?

Mileena rant over btw.
We are all entitled to trash opinions I guess. Lol :p

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think Mileena and ? Is an unlockable, if not she's DLC. On top of it there are up to 12 with 8 of those being returning characters, at worst we get 4 returning. Sounds pretty good to me. I'll at least get one of my favs in: Smoke, Reptile, Mileena, Sindel, Fujin or Cyrax/Triborg besides Noob, Cassie and Shang Tsung.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think Mileena and ? Is an unlockable, if not she's DLC. On top of it there are up to 12 with 8 of those being returning characters, at worst we get 4 returning. Sounds pretty good to me. I'll at least get one of my favs in: Smoke, Reptile, Mileena, Sindel, Fujin or Cyrax/Triborg besides Noob, Cassie and Shang Tsung.
The unlockables leak proved to be very accurate in both roster and new names. I think Mileena and Shinnok will be the unlockables, and having my evil boy back would make me ecstatic!

I mean, I never said the man was perfect. :D
You watch your mouth young man!

Nah I'm joking, perfection is boring anyway.

Last edited:

D3athStalker

*keeps punching the air while trying to do combos*
I'll be honest, I was really disappointed with the roster when the leak happened but now I don't mind it because they somehow managed to make every character unique and interesting. And I'm almost certain that the fan favourites like Mileena will join the roster later via DLC.

I still wish we had Takeda instead of Jacqui, though. Welp, I still hope for him to return like how I stated previously.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Come on it's not fair to hate Cetrion just because you wanted her to be a different type of character than what she is just because some rumors from earlier leak very vague predictions. If you hadn't idealized sooooo much how you envisioned her and you would've seen her now for the first time as 100% surprise do you think you would hate her rather than just not being impressed?

I know you built a lot of expectations for yourself based on vague info and you were ready to main that idealized non existent character, and it looks like bursting said expectations hurt what you think about her a lot.

Come on, it's not like she is a gun user :p

I'd rather see 20 gun-users than 1 Cetrion.

Really, I never liked the concept of Elder Gods in Mortal KOmbat, they were the worst part of the story for me.

If I didn't knew about her before, I would still react the same, without the disappointment part that is.

I never cared for characters that have ALL the powers into one, they take away the uniqueness from other characters that single-out a power, in this case, most of the elemental-using characters, but she also has Kenshi, Ermac, Teleport, Sindel and others powers, she has way too much powers.

The rock-things look extremely like Geras sand-moves, and I can't stand people even thinking about Poison Ivy by seeing this elemental-mess character.

She is much too powerful to fight against others as well, doesn't make sense to me.

I will never like Cetrion or Shinnok, and I hope they will skip MK12 and other future MK games.

Cassie Cyrus

I don't understand why people want Takeda over Kenshi and Ermac...

I never understood why the game needed yet ANOTHER telepath/Telekinesis user. We have two VERY AWESOME ones already, no need to replace them like EVER with a Kombat Kid which uses weapons that suit Mavado or another Black Dragon member much better.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I'll be honest, I was really disappointed with the roster when the leak happened but now I don't mind it because they somehow managed to make every character unique and interesting.
That's what I find interesting about this roster. Even old klassics such as Shao and Kano have been revamped from their toes to their noses. Yet they've also retained the elements that made them exciting in the first place. Shao seems more viable to me now he's less Magic Mike, instead serving Emperor Dragon Realness. If we have Mileena and Shinnok back, their redesigns will be something special I'm sure. Shang Tsung being an old man also makes sense to me. I'd like to see the rejuvenated version look like Cary from the movie. Then you've got Sonya and Johnny looking more like the Sonya and Johnny we all loved from the very first game.

And of course, SUCCESSrion looks like the most amazing Elder Goddess ever.

Cassie Cyrus

I will never understand some people's obsession with overpowered, GIANT (Kaiju) and MOST powerful characters.

I'm clearly different. Less is more for me.

Feels very weird without several MKX characters, namely: Quan Chi (RIP), Mileena (RIP), Takeda (where are you?), Kenshi (and you too?), Reptile and Ermac (two of the last three missing ninjas), not to mention the DLC cast of Tanya (she deserves better), Bo Rai Cho, Tremor (but I guess he's nowhere near popular enough to return), Goro (RIP), and Triborg (canon be damned. Maybe they're setting up to bring the Cyborgs individually?)

And of course we still haven't seen many of MK9 veterans - Sheeva (no Shokan in the roster this time), Stryker, Smoke (oh I'm sorry, Enenra), Sindel, and Nightwolf (seriously, so far this is the second game in a row that Smoke/Sindel/Nightwolf are skipping despite us seeing them as revenants in the MKX story)

I guess all that's left is to wait and see what the Kombat Pack picks are. Boon did go on the record to say the DLC characters are going to please us/blow our minds, and I kinda believe that now after Shang Tsung's reveal (Seriously, it was amazing)

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
To be honest, the roster disgusts me a lot. I will be playing Liu Kang and surprisingly during the beta I am really interested in playing with Scorpion. I dont expect Tanya to return anymore but having Kronika as a secret character would make this roster tolerable for me
Edit : I forgot to add that bringing Shang back as Cary Tagawa is a very quality move

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

I don't understand why people want Takeda over Kenshi and Ermac...

I never understood why the game needed yet ANOTHER telepath/Telekinesis user. We have two VERY AWESOME ones already, no need to replace them like EVER with a Kombat Kid which uses weapons that suit Mavado or another Black Dragon member much better.
I really wonder if you ever actually played takeda cause he played nothing like kenshi or ermac. Do I want takeda over kenshi hell no but takeda was actually unique.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
this roster SUCKS!!! wtf where’s REPTILE AND RAIN over jacqui and cassie?!? r u joking NRS I’m gonna get he game and FLUSH IT FOWN TO THE TOILET
Calm Down...

Cassie was coming back regardless of what you may say or think.

Same goes for Jacqui since Jax was on the roster as well. So no Jacqui = Likely no Jax

If you don’t like it don’t buy it. Nobodys forcing you to buy

Kratilim

Noob
It's one of the best rosters we've had since... I don't remember when. Its diverse, well rounded, and full of interesting characters and play styles. And due to the gameplay tempo, depth in moves and customisation, IMO it might be even better than mk9. There were always going to be characters left out. All you can do now is hope for DLC and stop being miserable about it. And if you really dislike the roster and/or the game... then simply don't buy it. Its that simple. I can't f*cking wait to play it.

Honestly I don't even think Rain or Fujin will be considered for this game's roster at all, DLC or not. They have Cetrion to cover the Water and Wind powers instead. Sucks, but what can you do?

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Honestly I don't even think Rain or Fujin will be considered for this game's roster at all, DLC or not. They have Cetrion to cover the Water and Wind powers instead. Sucks, but what can you do?
I'm sure Certion doesn't preclude Rain or Fujin being part of the roster just as Cassie having Johnny's moves doesn't prevent her place on the roster. Truthfully, I don't mind a better new character getting their moves. SUCCESSrion is potentially a huge deal in the ongoing narrative.

Last edited:

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
Cetrion is just bad.
It's odd seeing someone with her design and position torturing and killing someone with a fatality, since she's supposed to be the goddess of nature and life. Those are things that don't match up.
I'm cool with Shinnok because he's lame, he's not almighty as Cetrion seems to be, ffs she grows in the size of planet and spits a huge beam of energy, every time I see this character I think "what are you doing here?"
If you like her that's fine but let's be honest... she looks like an Injustice leftover.
She's not a weirdo like Kollector or a warrior like Geras, she has this divine aura that I don't think suits Mortal Kombat.