What's new

Mortal Kombat 11's Full Roster

Agilaz

It has begun
Muuuuuuuch better than MKX.

First off, happy Mileena isn't in. That's the one character that never clicked with me. People seem to forget she's retarded. Like, actually so. She's a grown woman with the mind of a child. Yet somehow she would be capable of scheming and plotting and..ruling a realm? GTFO LOL. If they had doubled down on her feral aspect, I might have liked her.

However, her not being in the main roster also means she's potential DLC and that would arguably be worse cause I have to pay to not play her - but I need her in the game to practice against her bullshit, right?

Mileena rant over btw.

For the rest, I can prolly name a good 10+ characters I'm seriously interested in learning. More importantly, there aren't many characters I'm flat out never touching. Perhaps Jacqui en maybe Sonya, but that's about it. Huge contrast with MKX where I was only interested in Kotal, Kenshi and Kano from the base roster. Besides those 3, it was DLC all the way for me.

Lastly, I've always kinda homed in on the cyborg characters, going as far back as the classic games. No Cyrax, and more importantly no Sektor, does kinda hurt. But if the rumours are true and Frost goes cyborg, then I'm definitely counting her among my character pool.

All in all, very happy with the roster, can't wait to see the rest of the KP. 11/10 roster huehueheu

Quick edit: Also, I feel NRS did a great job with the newcomers this time. All three of them look amazing and Geras and Kollector will be in my top 5 played.

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Muuuuuuuch better than MKX.

First off, happy Mileena isn't in. That's the one character that never clicked with me. People seem to forget she's (soap bar in my mouth). Like, actually so. She's a grown woman with the mind of a child. Yet somehow she would be capable of scheming and plotting and..ruling a realm? GTFO LOL.
You have the man in your very own AVATAR to blame for that lol.

Shang Tsung is responsible for the creation of Mileena.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
For the rest, I can prolly name a good 10+ characters I'm seriously interested in learning.
Only 10??? loljk

No, I hear ya. This roster definitely has me more excited than MKX's. Don't get me wrong, I liked at least some of the cast in MKX, but most just didn't do it for me. Mainly just played the game because it's "MK", you know?

But with MK 11, I seriously want to try and play:

1. Raiden
  2. Jade
  3. Kollector
  4. Cetrion
  5. Sonya
  6. Cassie
  7. Jacqui
  8. Liu
  9. Kitana
  10. Noob
  11. Shao
  12. Frost
  13. Geras
  14. Sub
  15. Jax
  16. Shang
  17. Skarlet
I mean look at that??? 17 out of 26 characters have me hype for this game. Almost a full 2/3rds of the roster. And I'm even considering giving Erron Black a try, so make that 18. XD

This is definitely an exceptional roster.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I feel like She needs better character development

Like, i do think shes a cool character, but her plot in MKX and how she acted was... ehh

I do think shes a character who would be hard to put in the base roster for this game story wise, as She would honestly be the same character.

I hope for the next game they do something cool with her hopefully, cause i feel like in both games, she has wasted potential.

Agilaz

It has begun
Only 10??? loljk

No, I hear ya. This roster definitely has me more excited than MKX's. Don't get me wrong, I liked at least some of the cast in MKX, but most just didn't do it for me. Mainly just played the game because it's "MK", you know?

But with MK 11, I seriously want to try and play:

1. Raiden
  2. Jade
  3. Kollector
  4. Cetrion
  5. Sonya
  6. Cassie
  7. Jacqui
  8. Liu
  9. Kitana
  10. Noob
  11. Shao
  12. Frost
  13. Geras
  14. Sub
  15. Jax
  16. Shang
  17. Skarlet
I mean look at that??? 17 out of 26 characters have me hype for this game. Almost a full 2/3rds of the roster. And I'm even considering giving Erron Black a try, so make that 18. XD

This is definitely an exceptional roster.
For me it's mainly these, in no particular order:

1. Kano (best version of him so far, excellent VO too)
  2. Geras
  3. Kollector
  4. Shao Kahn (this is regardless of what his playstyle ends up being, Shao is a must for me)
  5. Frost (if she's cyborg or has cyborg influences)
  6. Sub Zero (first time I actually WANT to put time in him)
  7. Jade (she was fun in the beta and I want more time with her)
  8. Baraka (brutal.)
  9. Jax (I like grapplers and he seems pretty badass this time. also best beard)
  10. Kotal
  11. Cassie (I'm assuming she has a lot of gun-kata stuff, John Wick style)
  12. Raiden (down the line at least, once the game has more competitive variations to accomodate his large moveset)
  13. Johnny
  14. Liu Kang
  15. Shang Tsung (would be my number 1 if this list was in order)
Then there's Erron and Noob, who look interesting to me, but I won't play them right away since they're complete edgelord characters and everybody will be picking them.

Also really curious about the DLC. I think Nightwolf's chances are decent, as well as Sheeva's. They'd both be in my pool should they end up being DLC, Sheeva moreso than Nightwolf.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Mileena really should be in MK11, but there's definitely room for work in terms of her characterisation. She had a lot going on during Deception, finally living up to her purpose by replacing Kitana behind the scenes in Edenia.
Yeah, Deception was good for Mileena development tbh, as it was focused on her and Kitana`s sistership/rivialry

Mk9 just had her be a clone, nothing else, while MKX did nothing with it.

Both Mileena and Kitanas rivialry should be a core aspect of these Characters tbh. Its pretty much Sub Zero and Scorpion as characters.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Yeah, Deception was good for Mileena development tbh, as it was focused on her and Kitana`s sistership/rivialry

Mk9 just had her be a clone, nothing else, while MKX did nothing with it.

Both Mileena and Kitanas rivialry should be a core aspect of these Characters tbh. Its pretty much Sub Zero and Scorpion as characters.
With Evil Kitana being at the forefront of the current narrative, Mileena doesn't have much to do.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I love this roster! Could be better of course, but still I'm very happy with it.

Love: Johnny Cage (jong only), Noob, D'Vorah, Kollector, Jade (non revenant), Kitana (non-revenant), Frost, Kotal, Kung lao (non revenant). Erron Black, Kabal (non revenant), Baraka, Skarlet, Shang Tsung

Like: Sonya, Jax (old only), Geras, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang (non revenant), Raiden (good raiden only), Kano, Shao Kahn

Meh: Jacqui

Hate: Cetrion, Cassie,

That is a pretty solid Roster, I just wished you could create your own roster in the game, remove the characters from the roster you really don't like.

Reptile, Mileena + Rain in over Cetrion and Cassie would have been a dream roster for me personlly.
Hey, @Cassie Cyrus, made you a small pic/poster :)

Attachments

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Shao Kahn is extra DLC due of preorder bonus.

And we gotta wait for the others to be announced.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Definitely better than MKX. That roster was a shitter. I really only played Sub Zero, Reptile, Raiden, Cassie, Jax, and Ermac. And only knew enough with Sub and Reptile to be considered "mains".

As for MK11, I'm looking forward to trying a ton of characters! The only ones I don't want to touch are:

Kabal
Kano
D'Vorah
Sonya
Jacqui
Frost
Scorpion

What's that? 7 out of 26? Pretty good ratio

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
To me, MK2 roster should be in every Mortal Kombat. They're legacy characters, I don't care if they are not used in the main story, they should be in every MK game.
That being said, MK11 looks fine, way better than X, sucks having Shang Tsung as dlc (and announced before the game release) but what can you do?
I'm sad for Mileena and Reptile (even though I never play as him, it's just weird not having Reptile)
Hate Cetrion and the ''fan favorite'' Jacqui
I'm excited for Kollector!

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
To me, MK2 roster should be in every Mortal Kombat. They're legacy characters, I don't care if they are not used in the main story, they should be in every MK game.
That being said, MK11 looks fine, way better than X, sucks having Shang Tsung as dlc (and announced before the game release) but what can you do?
I'm sad for Mileena and Reptile (even though I never play as him, it's just weird not having Reptile)

View attachment 13516
I wanted to Like this post but...your blasphemy about BestCharacterEverion meant I couldn't. I'm sorry.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Looks pretty good to me besides Cetrion and Kollector. Still would like my boy Rain, but I think Boon said there would be no repeat dlc's. Noob and Frost have me the most excited.

Reactions: Zev

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Looks pretty good to me besides Cetrion and Kollector. Still would like my boy Rain, but I think Boon said there would be no repeat dlc's. Noob and Frost have me the most excited.
He said there would be no mk9 dlc as mkx dlc, as he didnt want for people to pay for them twice., For some reason people changed that to no repeat dlcs ever. gotta love the game of telephone. Rain can be DLC for mk11

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I think the characters in the final roster if correct are fine, however, I feel it should be a tad larger. Even if characters like Rain, Mileena, and Tanya or several others were to return with almost similar movesets. You could obviously tell that Rain had a great moveset in MK9 and Sindel played way more awesome with the updated speed in MKX. I kind of think the DLC minus the guest characters will be OG characters like Nightwolf, Smoke, maybe Sindel, and maybe Fujin or Rain. My dream is for both Khameleon and Chameleon to return in search of Reptile. I think with the animation effects with Starfire's hair in Injustice 2 she would look great, I just think the moveset would be too intense or just not ready. Some characters i think they could pull an Injustice and make them a totally different character like with Raiden/Black Lightning. like make Nightwolf have a Kung Jin skin since they use the bow. The Shokan's could easily have different skins too like....Sheeva, Kintaro, Goro. Taven could almost be a Lui Kang skin also like that. just my two cents.

Last edited:

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile

View attachment 13516
Yeah, I used to love Reptile back in the day, and I admit that he still holds a special place for me, but like others have said, I don't think NRS really knows what to do with him.

Obviously due to memory limitations, he started out as one of the original 3 ninjas, and I loved him! I was also 5 at the time, so maybe a bit of bias here lol

As time went on, he just seemed to get goofier and goofier, until MK Deadly Alliance rolled around and I simply didn't recognize him. He'd gone from a mysterious green-clad warrior, and nearly a match for Liu Kang in the original MK movie, to...a bipedal lizardman with a dull look in his eyes?

The only big thing Reptile did in the old timeline was serve as a vessel for Onaga. And then we had the reboot, and...well, he went back to being a sad jobber.

So, while it pains me a bit to see Reptile sit out MK 11, maybe it's for the best, honestly? He's legacy, for sure, but I think it's clear NRS needs some time to re-work the poor dude.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Couldn't disagree more!

I'm tired of rivalries that go back to MK1 and MK2. Enough Sub-Zero vs Scorpion, enough Kano vs Sonya, enough Kitana vs Mileena. They shouldn't define one another. I'm very pleased with what MKX and MK11 are doing.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Think about world politics for a minute or two and this shouldn't seem so unbelievable.
Plus too...in MKX she would have been 25 years older than in MK9 plus had Shinnok's amulet. She had edenian and outworld blood in her. She was aware of her power. Someone in their mid-20s with that kind of power is dangerous so there is that. Not saying people that age are not good people or don't use their power for good. She was merely slowly maturing and doing what she was created to do. In MKX they probably gave Mileena the best representation. Unfortunately, she was I guess seduced by D'vorah.

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think they can turn Reptile interesting by turning Chameleon (female, I hate the K bullshit) into an NPC, maybe his story will be like Shang Tsung promised him to create a female so he can pro-create his race, his wish, but then, while Shang Tsung keeps his promise to create the female Reptile named Chamelon, he only did so to improve on her, to make a better servant than Reptile, and after he orders Chameleon to destroy Reptile (to test her out) reptile is beaten and then his story of revenge against Shang is started, at the same time he wants to turn Chameleon on his side as she is the only chance to pro-create.

BTW, thanks Scyther! I love that pic! (but would be even better with Shao, Sub and Geras being replaced by Jade, Kollector and Kabal lol)