What's new

Mortal Kombat 11's Full Roster

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Found this little gem on Twitter, decided to jazz it up a bit, and post it here.

So, this is our final roster it seems.

We have:

1. D'Vorah
  2. Cetrion
  3. Kung Lao
  4. Jax Briggs
  5. Liu Kang
  6. The Kollector
  7. Noob Saibot
  8. Kotal Kahn
  9. Cassie Cage
  10. Kano
  11. Jacqui Briggs
  12. Kitana
  13. Frost
  14. Johnny Cage
  15. Baraka
  16. Sonya Blade
  17. Jade
  18. Erron Black
  19. Shao Kahn
  20. Geras
  21. Scorpion
  22. Sub-Zero
  23. Kabal
  24. Raiden
  25. Skarlet
26. Shang Tsung (DLC)

Now some fun and useless stats:

• 36% of the roster is female.
  • 28% of the roster is ninja-inspired (ie, we'd count as palatte swaps in MK 1, 2, and 3, including female ninjas).
  • 100% of the original, playable MK 1 roster is represented (Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Kano, Scorpion, Sub).
  • 71% of the new, playable characters from MK 2 are represented (Baraka, Kitana, Jax, Kung Lao, Shang).
  • 27% of the new, playable characters from UMK 3 are represented (Kabal, Jade, Noob Saibot).
  • 62% of the new, playable characters from MKX are represented (D'vorah, Kotal, Erron, Cassie, Jacqui).
  • 3% of the new characters released during the 3D era are represented (Frost).
  • 61% of the roster is from the MKT era.
  • 48% of the roster is Human (disregarding revenant status).
What do you guys and gals think? Pretty good roster imo :)

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm very happy with it overall. There's a lot of variety and it's really nice to see more female characters than usual.

I'm really sad not to see Sindel, Tanya, or Mileena, as they're my favorite characters, but I'll have to content myself with Jade (my other fav). Hopefully Sindel at least will make it in as DLC.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'm pretty pleased with it. I think the only shocking omission for me is Smoke, I thought he'd be back for sure after skipping a game. I felt MKX's characters were going to be abandoned for sure, so I'm glad that ended up not being the case (as someone who actually liked most of its additions).

The stats were neat, thanks for including them! Would love to see an update once we know what all the DLC is.

You forgot Shang as a new playable character in mk2, he wasn’t playable before.
It's an easy line to miss, but the statistics are not including Shang.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I love this roster! Could be better of course, but still I'm very happy with it.

Love: Johnny Cage (jong only), Noob, D'Vorah, Kollector, Jade (non revenant), Kitana (non-revenant), Frost, Kotal, Kung lao (non revenant). Erron Black, Kabal (non revenant), Baraka, Skarlet, Shang Tsung

Like: Sonya, Jax (old only), Geras, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang (non revenant), Raiden (good raiden only), Kano, Shao Kahn

Meh: Jacqui

Hate: Cetrion, Cassie,

That is a pretty solid Roster, I just wished you could create your own roster in the game, remove the characters from the roster you really don't like.

Reptile, Mileena + Rain in over Cetrion and Cassie would have been a dream roster for me personlly.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
That is a pretty solid Roster, I just wished you could create your own roster in the game, remove the characters from the roster you really don't like.
Kind of like how Killer Instinct gave you a handful of characters to start with, and then let you buy what characters interested ala carte?

Honestly, I really wouldn't mind a similar system in MK, though not this time around because I love the roster as well lol

But yeah, if I had the option to simply buy the characters I'd like to play and mess around with, I'd take it.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Is this the official roster image or someone photoshopped the missing characters?

I don't like the 2 - 4 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 2 aspect of it kdhdkdhdkdhksnsmsnsks bye

BUT if the roster gets a rectangle shape after the last DLC character I'm good

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Kind of like how Killer Instinct gave you a handful of characters to start with, and then let you buy what characters interested ala carte?

Honestly, I really wouldn't mind a similar system in MK, though not this time around because I love the roster as well lol

But yeah, if I had the option to simply buy the characters I'd like to play and mess around with, I'd take it.

Nope more that you can customize the roster, click the avatars of the characters and put them on ignore, so they disappear from the roster. So you can build your own roster, the characters would still be in the towers of course, just not in your select roster and not in random select.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Nope more that you can customize the roster, click the avatars of the characters and put them on ignore, so they disappear from the roster. So you can build your own roster, the characters would still be in the towers of course, just not in your select roster and not in random select.
Ah, gotcha. Could be fun to mess around with creating a custom roster. :)

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I think every character looks fantastic, and can't wait for this game. also can't wait to see everything they've purposely kept hidden from us.

My brother use to do that in the old n64 wrestling games, would rename and customize wrestlers to be totally different people. was funny

I do wish kreate-a-character came back. Done right, that would solve a ton of roster issues that people have. Just put the tools to be able to create characters who didn't make it in via special moves/attire. similar to wrestling games putting throwback moves/attires in their customization options.

Very nice post !

I like this roster overall, all my characters besides Mileena are here, so I'm happy.

I'll maybe also miss Human Smoke, but I'm confident he will be a KP1 DLC

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
It's photoshopped, definitely not the official image. I actually had to crop images of Rain, Smoke, and Reptile crying in the corner in the original pic. Felt in bad taste.
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

it means I find your message VERY FUNNY in portuguese laugh slang. it's like a bunch of HAHA, but haha is boring