What's new

Mortal Kombat 11's Full Roster

The roster is pretty good to me, I mean... of course I'd rather have my fav gurl Tanya in it but I'm fine since Sindel is very obviously coming as DLC, I'd be shocked if she doesn't.

If I had Jade, Sindel, Havik, Tanya, Bo and Li Mei all in this game, it would be SO great, Deception realness all the way, plus a little Fujin bonus wouldn't hurt.

But all things considered, the new characters look great, Skarlet got a miracle makeover, Noob is absolutely insane (probably my main choice right now), we got Jade back, Jacqui and Kotal look amazing, and god knows what will be of D'Vorah, Frost and Shang, but certainly something crazy is coming, so I'm pretty satisfied right now!

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Cetrion is just bad.
It's odd seeing someone with her design and position torturing and killing someone with a fatality, since she's supposed to be the goddess of nature and life. Those are things that don't match up.
I'm cool with Shinnok because he's lame, he's not almighty as Cetrion seems to be, ffs she grows in the size of planet and spits a huge beam of energy, every time I see this character I think "what are you doing here?"
If you like her that's fine but let's be honest... she looks like an Injustice leftover.
She's not a weirdo like Kollector or a warrior like Geras, she has this divine aura that I don't think suits Mortal Kombat.

View attachment 13549
but boobies?

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Cetrion is just bad.
It's odd seeing someone with her design and position torturing and killing someone with a fatality, since she's supposed to be the goddess of nature and life. Those are things that don't match up.
I'm cool with Shinnok because he's lame, he's not almighty as Cetrion seems to be, ffs she grows in the size of planet and spits a huge beam of energy, every time I see this character I think "what are you doing here?"
If you like her that's fine but let's be honest... she looks like an Injustice leftover.
She's not a weirdo like Kollector or a warrior like Geras, she has this divine aura that I don't think suits Mortal Kombat.

View attachment 13549
She is literally a remixed more violent version of Poison Ivy. There is definite reuse of her models and others made for this game. I mean she certainly looks amazing. In ways I wish they would have just taken the MKXL roster entirely and pulled an Injustice 2. Made a new story mode like the one they have here in this game, did some balance changes/new moves/variations to gameplay/skins/gear and just added more to the roster. But I dunno if that would been any more or less work. Anyhow, they always say quality over quantity. But it is so hard to handle when you have had games like MK9 which literally had everyone, even if Motaro was modeled but killed as an NPC. MKX had many characters like Li Mei, Sareena, Sindel, Rain, Baraka all cockteased. I know that generates conversation, but people start to see the trolling and the pattern. I like the concept of Kronika though and only 3 new playable fighters. It also appears that Jade was a revenant the whole time during MKX but was just busy doing other things. I guess....Kitana was mourning her cuz she was busy doing other stuff. I do LOVE shinnok and his stage with his severed had is brilliant. Either way....i'm still getting it. I just hope it doesn't have that Injustice syndome where i'm a tad bored by the time the last DLC characters are released. I think Shang as a DLC makes sense. The only game I really didn't care for how Kitana played was Deadly Alliance. I didn't like how the fan throw was done.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Since when does Poison Ivy controls all elements? Cetrion does nothing with plants, only her hair are plants for some reason... Ivy her hair is red, not plants.

No connection at all.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
In ways I wish they would have just taken the MKXL roster entirely and pulled an Injustice 2. Made a new story mode like the one they have here in this game, did some balance changes/new moves/variations to gameplay/skins/gear and just added more to the roster.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you're implying Injustice 2 mostly kept Injustice 1's roster?

Not only is that not true, but it actually kept FEWER characters than MKXL did to MK11.

12/29 non-guest characters remained the same from INJ1 to INJ2.

Whereas 15/29 non-guest characters (already) stayed the same from MKXL to MK11.

I know that generates conversation, but people start to see the trolling and the pattern.
I have to very strongly disagree that it's "trolling" to have unplayable characters appear in the story mode. Forcing NRS to only ever include 25 characters in all of their story modes, of which ~15 will always be the same MK3 mainstays, would result in some extra shitty story modes.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.

ffs she grows in the size of planet and spits a huge beam of energy, every time I see this character I think "what are you doing here?"

View attachment 13549
Everything I've quoted here sums up why I think she's so great. Isn't life full of wonderful contrasts? #SUCCESSrion.

Not when it's in franchise that has accumulated over 70 characters over the years. There's many fan favorites and long-absent characters have been requested that could have been in here. The roster should have been 35 characters, at least.
Or you could also just be happy with what we're getting since a lot of work goes into each character's creation, if it were so easy I'm sure they'd put every single MK character that's ever existed into the game. Please don't be this entitled, quality over quantity.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Cetrion's probably the boss character of the game and NRS is using Kronika as a red herring to make you not see it.

Just my $ 0 .02

Malec

Noob
Sindel, Quan Chi, Shinnok missing? We kinda don't have enough pure evil bad sorcerer characters imo.

No Reptile really shocks me, maybe I am alone here, but to me he was always the third ninja (human form in the early games) next to scorpion and sub zero and belongs in every game.

Again no classic Robots (Sektor / cyrax) in the base roster

Would have loved to see Nightwolf in this one.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Sindel, Quan Chi, Shinnok missing? We kinda don't have enough pure evil bad sorcerer characters imo.

No Reptile really shocks me, maybe I am alone here, but to me he was always the third ninja (human form in the early games) next to scorpion and sub zero and belongs in every game.

Again no classic Robots (Sektor / cyrax) in the base roster

Would have loved to see Nightwolf in this one.
I do admit, no cyborg (yet) has me a little sad.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Just wanted to pop into to remind the haters that Mileena is easily one of the coolest (and most popular) characters in MK lore. Still hoping that she makes it as DLC. 13574