What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11 RUMORS...When Is It? Where Is It? - Maximilian Dood

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No, it isn't. It's a meme, nothing more. If someone wants to be offended by it even though it has literally nothing offensive about it, it's his business.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Rumor:

• Reveal in VGA
  • It will have 4 years of dev cycle (1 year concept 3 year full development) longest to date.
  • Concepting actually even started while making MK X. They were always thought back to back games in terms of story
  • It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
  • Adventure mode is 2 player co-op , online or single. drop in drop out
  • Story mode and adventure are different both are included. story mode is normal NRS game style.
  • Story evolve about 3 main character
  • Punishing raiden ; hes now punishing anyone trying to even dare to attack earthrealm
  • Emperor liu kang and empress kitana ; preparing army and trying to find something of stone left from ages of those deity gods in MK universe(cant remember names elder god or something)
  • Shang Tsung and Reiko they made deal with Kotal Kahn to protect and rule outworld security , reiko has it's own agenda though gets killed middle of it.
  • Uses UE4 instead of UE3 like all other games of NRS
  • Animation cancel its actually not a.cancel but something of pseudo of it. Much as you can expect from a western company i guess looks infinitely better than MKX in terms of animations. Something similar to UMK.
  • Fujin is playable character
  • Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable
Yeah, I don't believe in leaks until something official comes from the devs. But my question is, how do leaks happen? Like how does somebody get information of games get out before release?

If I was a Boon and see some stuff like this about my precious game that I've kept under wraps for a very long time, I send a cease and desist letter or even find a way to sue....UNLESS....this was a way for the devs to send somebody to leak info to get everybody talking about their game.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
No, it isn't. It's a meme, nothing more. If someone wants to be offended by it even though it has literally nothing offensive about it, it's his business.
Well, you chose to use "gay" in a negative context, as if being gay is inherently something bad.
Being a meme has nothing to do with it, other than being some weak defence you're trying to hide behind as an excuse to be hateful.

But you've made your choice, it seems.

The reveal of a product is important. First impressions really. Remember the crowd's reaction at e3 when the gameplay was revealed? I think continuing the nrs cycle could hurt that reveal stage magic, so either theyre waiting for the hype to die down a bit to bring it back up, or waiting until people arent expecting mk11 so much so that they can reveal something new (adventure style mk for example)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
or waiting until people arent expecting mk11
I think that would be hard, because every time there's a new big gaming event, people are speculating whether MK11 will be announced or not.

So NRS would have to announce the game outside of any event, just out of the blue. However, the main reason these announcements are shown at the gaming events is because that's when they will get the biggest audience to make sure people see the announcement!

I do agree that just continuing the pattern they had made for themselves would indeed lose the spark of excitement, but they have already broken that cycle, so I don't think that's something to worry about anymore.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, you chose to use "gay" in a negative context, as if being gay is inherently something bad.
Being a meme has nothing to do with it, other than being some weak defence you're trying to hide behind as an excuse to be hateful.

But you've made your choice, it seems.
I have gay friends, why would I want to be hateful? Again: if you want to read "hate" there's nothing I can do to stop you, but the only thing I'm hateful towards is people trying to shove their morals down other people's throats.

Not sure you know what a meme is.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fake-and-gay

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
The moral here is to be a commonly decent human being with common empathy and respect to other people. But hey, if you would rather be a memelord, then that's your choice.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Alright, Children Of The Corn, let's hop right on back to the topic, yes ?Question mark?

Righteous. Anyways...

Johnny Cage being not playable is a fucking crime if this leak is true.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He wasnt in 3 and that game was fine :cool:
WTF. He was in 3 and Ultimate MK3. If you're talking about the horrible 3D one, Ive forced myself to erase that tragedy of a game.

I would definitely not mind if he was benched along with a few other of the legacy characters in MK11.
Then NRS could make a "Legacy Kombat Pack" as DLC instead.
And that's completely fucking Wiggidy wiggidy WHACK! I despise that kinda practice of this whole DLC thing. Selling me characters that should have been playable from the jump? This generation of gaming with DLC really need to change.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
He was in 3 and Ultimate MK3.
No, Johnny wasn't added until Trilogy.

nor was scorpion
To be fair, he was added in UMK3.

And that's completely fucking Wiggidy wiggidy WHACK! I despise that kinda practice of this whole DLC thing. Selling me characters that should have been playable from the jump? This generation of gaming with DLC really need to change.
Mortal Kombat has so many characters through-out the series, and they keep making new ones, which means a lot of characters will be benched every so often as they just can't all be in the game. Being a legacy character shouldn't mean they HAVE to be in every game. MKX was a clear proof of that being a poor decision, as so many other fan-favourites just didn't make it to the roster, while the legacy characters had no real reason to be in the game other than just being legacy characters.

Rotating characters who don't have any real reason to be on the roster, and maybe adding them later as DLC, would help make room for those fan-favourites.

Last edited: