What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11 RUMORS...When Is It? Where Is It? - Maximilian Dood

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Not a fan of videos like this, I feel like when it comes to a series like mortal kombat getting a new installment its just empty information.

Why wouldn't a game developer release a new game in a 25 year old series that is incredible popular and sells incredibly well? This isn't a Skullgirls 2 rumor, MK11 will get here when it gets here.

Of course I could just say this content isn't for me, i'm sure someone gets something out of this video.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
These threads are always funny how these vids trigger some people. I don't see NRS "corrupted" by anyone, we heard the same thing when they catered to the casual crowd, now they took the "pro" players seriously and now people are still bitching...like at this point seems people will complain no matter what they do or who they seemingly absorb feedback from. Personally, I hope they just try their best and listen to the entire MK fanbase not just one particular group over another. At the end of the day, to WB joe blow's money is as good as any pro's or any famous youtuber. Money is money at the end of the day.

As for MK 11 I'll be patient, given the fact that MK 9 did extremely well and MK X even better I can't bash NRS in quality regard. I don't let Max's vids or anyone else's upset me, be it him a tourney player, online player, casual whoever I all take it the same with a grain of salt unless WB or NRS confirms otherwise we're all merely speculating.

As for MK 11 I'll be patient, given the fact that MK 9 did extremely well and MK X even better I can't bash NRS in quality regard. I don't let Max's vids or anyone else's upset me, be it him a tourney player, online player, casual whoever I all take it the same with a grain of salt unless WB or NRS confirms otherwise we're all merely speculating.
ja da hast du diesmal wirklich recht, lieber mkf!
einfach geduldig sein bis mk11 endlich erscheint.

I don't think anyone wants to be cheated out of the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears they pour into a game just to realize they will get nowhere on a tournament level without playing certain characters or playing by an unwritten subset of rules. As far as balancing decisions NRS listens to the people who do well in offline tournaments, therefore the people doing well in said tounaments will want to continue doing so and offer feedback that is to their own benefit. This has been going on since MK9 and I implore NRS to stop letting former and current players influence their patching decisions and stop kneejerk making balance changes based on what the loudest mouths in the community have to say.

You really think NRS is capable of balancing games by themselves? Maybe they are now after years and years of gameplay data from MK9 to now, but all of the 3D NRS games were terrible both gameplay and balance wise.

MKF30

Ghost dude, You can thank Midway for that ^ I mean when you rush people to pop a game every other year, no patches etc that happens. At least they didn't put out incomplete games like another company I know lol. Why would people still think NRS can't balance games? MK X and Injustice 2 are fine, even MK 9 overall. I mean hell I'd consider any of them more balanced than SF5 or MVC series...

I mean NRS proved already compared to Midway that when you have the time to work on a game, patch it, update it properly you get a solid product.

ja da hast du diesmal wirklich recht, lieber mkf!
einfach geduldig sein bis mk11 endlich erscheint.
What's with the German dude? lol are you the Takuma guy with changed name? Haven't been on here as much lately due to work, crazy time of the year.

Last edited:
What's with the German dude? lol are you the Takuma guy with changed name? Haven't been on here as much lately due to work, crazy time of the year.
hallo mkf!
ja ich bin es, du bist leider schon länger nicht mehr hier gewesen.
schön dass du wieder zeit hast! freust du dich auch schon auf mk11? :)

MKF30

hallo mkf!
ja ich bin es, du bist leider schon länger nicht mehr hier gewesen.
schön dass du wieder zeit hast! freust du dich auch schon auf mk11? :)
Oh yeah work has been hell man so I come when I can. Thanks, yes I look forward to MK 11:D

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
So much butt hurt over Max, jesus! I've watched the video, just cause his videos are cool and his commitment to the FGC is great, so by giving him the 10 minutes of my time at work, really was more of a kill time, and support for his work.

Now in regard next MK game - by looking the way Boon has approached I2 with a success, I think the next project has a much bigger chance of success, then any game theyve done so far.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So much butt hurt over Max, jesus! I've watched the video, just cause his videos are cool and his commitment to the FGC is great, so by giving him the 10 minutes of my time at work, really was more of a kill time, and support for his work.

Now in regard next MK game - by looking the way Boon has approached I2 with a success, I think the next project has a much bigger chance of success, then any game theyve done so far.
Fo realz tho! Can you blame people for keep speculating? At least talking about NRS keeps them somewhat relevant. We want the heartbeat to still pump, so let people speculate all they want until something officially comes out.

Saltea Moonspell

@JBeezYBabY

I really don't get it. Aside from the "heart beating" fact, tones of people choose to waste time on so much bs, that internet is floated with, yet willingly, knowing that most likely, there won't be anything legitimate, they either watch and complain, or don't watch at all and still cry about it. At least this dude, is a hardcore fan, and while he may squeeze a dollar or two, he does it with heart, and knows really how to turn this into something fun.

But I guess it's a matter of approach...
When I went to the latest Mettalica concert, as old fan, it sucked donkeys balls, but I knew walking into, while folks I know, were massively ass hurt over it, and cried for next week over Facebook, how the concert was shit.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
@JBeezYBabY

I really don't get it. Aside from the "heart beating" fact, tones of people choose to waste time on so much bs, that internet is floated with, yet willingly, knowing that most likely, there won't be anything legitimate, they either watch and complain, or don't watch at all and still cry about it. At least this dude, is a hardcore fan, and while he may squeeze a dollar or two, he does it with heart, and knows really how to turn this into something fun.

But I guess it's a matter of approach...
When I went to the latest Mettalica concert, as old fan, it sucked donkeys balls, but I knew walking into, while folks I know, were massively ass hurt over it, and cried for next week over Facebook, how the concert was shit.
EXACTLY! And the fact that he has probably the biggest following of the FGC this looks good on us. This keeps the conversation going. This keeps people still excited in NRS! This is part of how a community grows. I love every sing speculation video that comes by. (Unless is absolute horse shit click bait) Max is not that kind of Youtuber.

But i have been saying this....The Game Awards is the FINAL event of the year to announce anything. I believe we will get something right before Smash Bros Ultimate drop. Now I know im grasping on to random straws but it be SUPER DOPE if somehow Smash and Boon had some DLC plans for Ultimate. I know...I know....crazy. But a man can dream ;)

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
EXACTLY! And the fact that he has probably the biggest following of the FGC this looks good on us. This keeps the conversation going. This keeps people still excited in NRS! This is part of how a community grows. I love every sing speculation video that comes by. (Unless is absolute horse shit click bait) Max is not that kind of Youtuber.
I'm neutral about videos like these. Fact is, when there is some official news to know, you're going to know it quickly; no way it stays quiet for long. So until then, you know rumors is all you're getting. If you like talking about rumors, go for it. If you don't, don't click on a video openly titled 'MK 11 rumors' and then get mad about it--that's your own fault.

As to whether videos like this actually help the community? Ehh... I don't know, maybe... but I feel like NRS is not playing the current situation very well, which is only hurting them.

Regardless of any flaws people hate in Inj2, they'd feel a lot more positively about the game--and be a lot more patient for MK 11--if NRS was still doing something to improve it. More balancing, new skins, a competitive mode with abilities on... anything. I mean, the game is good as is, but the silence from NRS just makes people mad--and in turn they hyper-focus on Inj2's flaws and rage furiously for MK 11 to drop.

At this point I fear NRS has dug itself into a hole. Had they been improving Inj2 all this time, they could have released MK 11 as a modest improvement over MKX and people would have been happy with it. Now MK 11 pretty much has to be dino-supreme and blow everyone away, or it's going to get panned.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't think anyone wants to be cheated out of the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears they pour into a game just to realize they will get nowhere on a tournament level without playing certain characters or playing by an unwritten subset of rules. As far as balancing decisions NRS listens to the people who do well in offline tournaments, therefore the people doing well in said tounaments will want to continue doing so and offer feedback that is to their own benefit. This has been going on since MK9 and I implore NRS to stop letting former and current players influence their patching decisions and stop kneejerk making balance changes based on what the loudest mouths in the community have to say.
To be fair, though....NRS did a pretty good job with balancing Injustice 2. Wasn't there like nearly 30 characters played in the recent IPS finals? That's pretty unheard of.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We all know development for the next game has started months ago, either is Mortal Kombat or something else, no one outside of NRS employees or people who have contract to be part of the game knows, and people whoo their contract has legal statements that prevents them to leak any content or anything related to their lattest project.

Unless an NRS employee or official staff members talks about it or reveals something, there is honestly no reason to shake turds and give as much attention you guys have been giving to this matter.

When the time really comes we will know for sure, until then its just smoke and mirrors, nothing worth paying too much attention to.

A vivid proof that this is a waste of time, there was a rumor that has been circulating this week, that "MK11 is coming soon according to a voice actor who has worked in the game." There is no vivid details or anything, just this, and this isn't really much to go on, we honestly can make the exact same statement based on a official Source, for example:

"NRS has started to work on their next game for quite some time, as Ed Boon shared a pick of mokap activity on his twitter, we don't know what they're working on, but they're working on something"

Saltea Moonspell

The fact that nrs dont show respect to the game who gave birth to our nrs scene is beyond me, really
I assume this is beyond personal approach. Boon and boys are as free as the marionette, that tolerates the strings. On the other hand, I wonder what ticks the strategy masterminds, to take such course of game support policy...

B W1zZ

Noob
To be fair, though....NRS did a pretty good job with balancing Injustice 2. Wasn't there like nearly 30 characters played in the recent IPS finals? That's pretty unheard of.
If you take a closer look at the tier lists, which characters are top and bottom, and know who is pulling strings it's not hard to connect the dots and see why certain characters are as strong or as weak as they are. I'm honestly sick of it, and can't say I'm optimistic about MK11's balance being unbiased.

C-Sword

Noob
Rumor:

• Reveal in VGA
  • It will have 4 years of dev cycle (1 year concept 3 year full development) longest to date.
  • Concepting actually even started while making MK X. They were always thought back to back games in terms of story
  • It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
  • Adventure mode is 2 player co-op , online or single. drop in drop out
  • Story mode and adventure are different both are included. story mode is normal NRS game style.
  • Story evolve about 3 main character
  • Punishing raiden ; hes now punishing anyone trying to even dare to attack earthrealm
  • Emperor liu kang and empress kitana ; preparing army and trying to find something of stone left from ages of those deity gods in MK universe(cant remember names elder god or something)
  • Shang Tsung and Reiko they made deal with Kotal Kahn to protect and rule outworld security , reiko has it's own agenda though gets killed middle of it.
  • Uses UE4 instead of UE3 like all other games of NRS
  • Animation cancel its actually not a.cancel but something of pseudo of it. Much as you can expect from a western company i guess looks infinitely better than MKX in terms of animations. Something similar to UMK.
  • Fujin is playable character
  • Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable