What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Livestream - MK Day Official Thread

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Skarlet looks awesome!! I REALLY like her hat, but if someone doesn't like it then NO PROBLEM!! you can costumize it with different gear. Sonya's face is fucking awful but she still kick ass. Geras is one of the worst newcomers so far, don't like it at all, looks like a beta version of Tremor, lacks personality or something. Everything else looks great, specially the fact that you can make a custom variation, something I wanted so badly since MKX. Now I want to know if there will be run or dash, or what is going on.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
The character select layout is weird... there's enough space to add at LEAST 12 characters. But only 6 in the Kombat Pack?

Wonder if that's a hint at Kombat Pack 2 OR there are more characters in the base game than we think.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE VARIATION SYSTEM TO ME. Ed said that characters come with default Premade variations, but you could also create your own. Alright, cool, but is the variation system carrying over to competitive play? Or is each character set with their specific moves, no variation for competitive play? Also, is the gear system something entirely different from the character variations? Thanks in advance

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
The only thing that disgusting me is absurd colors for each characters. Probably no one will like it.

E

Eldriken

The faces debacle...AGAIN? As already mentioned, this happened before and it turned out fine. Quit crying over it and discuss something else.

Skarlet looks badass. I love the whole blood weapon design, especially that scythe.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THE VARIATION SYSTEM TO ME. Ed said that characters come with default Premade variations, but you could also create your own. Alright, cool, but is the variation system carrying over to competitive play? Or is each character set with their specific moves, no variation for competitive play? Also, is the gear system something entirely different from the character variations? Thanks in advance

We dont know more than what you know sadly.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
First everyone is begging them not to bring back Run, now everyone is worried that the game looks too "slow". Make up your damn minds!
Those two things are not related. The characters movements in general look a little sluggish and slow. Has nothing to do with a run mechanic. Mk9 didn’t look slow, and there was no run.

Reactions: Kal

Gamer68

Fujin!
Seems like characters have 2 fatalities and 2 brutalities.

Okay, so:
  • GEAR: Basically accessories, likes weapons, masks, etc.
  • KOSMETICS: Can choose base skin, looks like you can mix and match base skins with the gear accessories mentioned. There are also multiple intros and victories to choose from.
  • ABILITIES: Basically your special move loadout.
  • AI BEHAVIOR: Probably something similar to Injustice 2's single play modes where you can have your AI fight for you.
You can name your own Variation. The one during Ed's gameplay demonstration was called "Ed's Main" or something, lol.

There also seems to be "Augments" that you call apply to gear accessories, but I'm assuming those are like Injustice 2's gear traits and can be turned off for competitive play.

Shaders confirmed.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The other thing I didn't care for was the gore. It's never been something that appealed to me, and they seem to be putting a real emphasis on really bumping it up this game. Just too much for my taste.
Exactly, to me MK never was about the gore, it was always that shaolin martial art mystic world, of course the fact that every combat could be fatal made it a lot better, but now feels like they try to hype the gore more than anything.

We dont know more than what you know sadly.
Yea I get that, but maybe someone is better at analysing what ed said? I guess I'm just hoping that variations, and not gear augmentations are apart of competitive play. The gear argumentation is 99.99 percent not coming to competitive like injustice, but I hope that the character variation system isn't just a casual thing

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Scarlett looks great

Judging from her accent they seem to be going for a middle eastern/Greek flair that is underscored by her costume.

Y'all are PROLLY mad cuz she doesn't dress like a tramp.

Sony's looks more fun then she's ever been.

Not jazzed about Baraka but whatever.

Not enough Subby. Hat looks dumb but He looks more brutal then he's ever been.

Scorp is Scorp.

Raiden: zzzzzzzzz

xiskza

Underworld
Skarlet should be the only female allowed to be almost naked considering how her powers work, and she has more clothers than a saudi arabian woman...

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
From the trailer descriptions:

"Raiden has upset the balance of history with the death of Shinnok. Tired of Earthrealm’s defiance, Kronika, The Keeper of Time will bring order to the universe through any means necessary."

"A powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, Geras wields the power to manipulate time."