What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Livestream - MK Day Official Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So far I like what I see. Graphics look solid, color pallete was nice. I liked the stage music that was playing during the Scorpion/Baraka fight. I thought the faces, design, and voice acting for Skarlet and Sonya was just fine, and it might even get touched up, so no concerns there.

The meter system is an interesting take, 2 bars for defense and 2 for offense. I really don't know how to react. I kind of like that they're located on the corners, it makes the screen feel more opened up.

I couldn't tell if they were changing their combo system or not. I thought I saw what looked like some standard NRS strings, but who knows.

I didn't care for all the slow down animations during the match, I feel like that's something that might get old after a bit.

The other thing I didn't care for was the gore. It's never been something that appealed to me, and they seem to be putting a real emphasis on really bumping it up this game. Just too much for my taste.

Overall though, I'm excited. Hopefully we get some more written details soon as well. I'm looking forward to the analysis vids on Youtube.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So X-Rays are out and Supers are in, but they are tied to a rage mechanic when you drop to 30% health.

Meter has been split into two separate ones: Offense and Defense. Still confused about how it works, though.
Seems like whenever you use a special move designed to be offensive (projectile/advancing specials) it takes a bar of that meter. Same with defensive specials.

weird.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The Sonya model looks like Ronda Rousey lol, if you think she's ugly that's on Ronda's face not on the dev team.
I thought exactly that! Its obvious they decide to model Sonya's face after Rhonda which is why she got more of a rounder, solid shape. It does look a bit rough, but i understand it. I aint mad at it. This Sonya looks fucking BADASS!

I'm maining the fuck outta Skarlet!

I think the game overall looks a lot like injustice.
My initial reaction was that it looks too much like Injustice. Was that the feeling with MKX too? I can't even remember. The fact that I can't remember probably means that it's not really that big a deal.