What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 - Jade Reveal Trailer [HD 1080P] GREEN AF!!!!

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Hopefully she has a non-revenant skin, I don't like her as a revenant. Her moveset seems cool, her outro was nice. The fatality was okay, even if the last move was too much.

I still feel that the non-revenant skin should have been the default one, like in MKX.
thank you im not feeling the revenant skin at all but i understand that if you are dead you have to have the revanent skin lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not sure I'd say Jade will definitely be broke tier, but she's definitely looking much better than she was in MK 9 and UMK3/MKT, she was pretty solid in Deception from what I remember. I don't remember much about her in MK Armageddon, like did anyone even use her?

We have to see rest of the cast obviously, but from these builds they're showing us she seems to be one of the best if not the best from a far.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
So happy with her addition! She was one of my mains in MK9 where she was shite tier and I'm gonna main her again this time. Not completely happy with the redesign tho, not a fan of the revenant idea as a main costume. Especially since the rest of them were human in their primaries in MKX. Jade's primary should be human too, especially after her absence in MKX which made it seem like somehow she escaped Netherrealm.

Crimea

Noob
So happy with her addition! She was one of my mains in MK9 where she was shite tier and I'm gonna main her again this time. Not completely happy with the redesign tho, not a fan of the revenant idea as a main costume. Especially since the rest of them were human in their primaries in MKX. Jade's primary should be human too, especially after her absence in MKX which made it seem like somehow she escaped Netherrealm.
after mkx absence and ending cameos I thought she will have an important role in the mk11 story. But with this default revenant costume I fear she will be just a jobber for Kitana again.

Raider

Noob
I am also not a fan of her default design being revenant. As an alternate... sure, why not? But default... no thanks.

D

Deleted member 59910

Finally home so I can comment.

Again Jade is my favorite female and I am SO THANKFUL to have her back but I do have critiques. Listen criticism is how these guys learn when they make a mistake and I think we all should be able to voice them so here it goes.

How hard is it to walk into a gym or better yet watch a women’s mma fight to see how women would dress when fighting. Then take into account the look they are trying to go for (ninja for jade) and then go from there.

I’m sorry but I agree with the people saying these women have waaay too many clothes on. Don’t worry same goes for the guys.The guys have WAAAY too much metal on their clothing. That metal would weigh them down and make them get their a**es kicked. The designs in this game are...slightly a bummer. It just disappoints me because MKX designs were great. What happened?

As for Jade. ALL of the other revenants were there in MKX. All of them. Every single one. Except her. Honestly it led me to believe that SOMETHING had happened to spare her. Maybe kronika reversing time so that she didn’t die? Maybe kronika bringing her BACK from death? Who knows? Either way it seemed like something special was coming for Jade. Lo and behold now Jade appears and guess what? She’s a revenant too just like everyone else. So why was she not in MKX? What was the point of her absence if she was dead like everyone else?

Now back to the look think. Her primary is actually fine without the metal. All of the metal needs to stop. Her alternate is AWFUL. The brown just seems to blend with her skin tone and looks really bad mixed with the small amount of green she seems to have. I’m hoping we get some sort of classic look or we can remove the whole dead thing from her primary.

I know people are probably going to come at me but I Really am SO THANKFUL AND HAPPY that she’s returned. It’s the design choices in this game period I’m becoming disappointed with.

The red on Scorpion makes him look like a big caution sign.

Sub-Zero looks like he’s getting ready for the next “Pirates of the Caribbean”.

Skarlet apparently learned blood magic from amelia earhart.

Now poor Jade isn’t jade anymore but a shade of brown.

Hopefully gear is AMAZING in this game. I’m banking on that actually because these designs so far leave a lot to be desired.
“I will fight against a man with blades inside his arms, and I will fight against a thunder god, so I will be wearing my mma clothes.”
They are not fighters. They are warriors. Totally disagree with you.

aj1701

Noob
Looks like they did a pretty nice job, this is the first MK11 character I'm excited about. I agree about others with the revenant skin though; I never liked how that's how they bring back the cast they killed for any of the characters.

She looks like she'd be really fun to play though, and I'm glad they got the sound effects for her staff/knife right, it really completes everything. Hopefully they'll fix Kitana's fan sound effects if she comes back too.

Other than a lack of green in her alternate skins (of which there will be even more that we haven't seen), I loved the designs.

What specifically did you not like, if I may ask?
The primary one is too simple, while parts like torso is overcomplicated golden mess. (I feel the same for other characters too, with all plates and armor)

The unmasked one (all browny and green) feels too superhero? I don't know.

I like the "assassin" one, but again the browny tone kills it for me. I hope this one has shader options to apply some contrast. Maybe black or white.

All three look like MKX pale, and it's ironic since MK goes bright and colorful again in 11.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The primary one is too simple, while parts like torso is overcomplicated golden mess. (I feel the same for other characters too, with all plates and armor)

The unmasked one (all browny and green) feels too superhero? I don't know.

I like the "assassin" one, but again the browny tone kills it for me. I hope this one has shader options to apply some contrast. Maybe black or white.

All three look like MKX pale, and it's ironic since MK goes bright and colorful again in 11.
I agree about the colors... for me she needs more green.

I just love the tattered hoodie and mask look in the revenant skin. I hope she has a non revenant skin like it tho.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Can we talk about how amazing her glaives are now??

Specifically the one that orbits around her first... it's so badass looking lol.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a mid. Did anyone notice for sure?

jade looks good but certainly not my favorite .... I have more problems seeing that you can just stand in the corner and shoot again and again .. I've seen that with every character and that's easy be resolved ... let each character shoot 3 times, with a break of 3 seconds and the problem of angle shooting is solved

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I don't know what the guy (16 bit?) was smoking when he was gushing over her alternate costume. Those colors are just terrible. The brown blends in with her skin and it doesn't pop at all. I think if they change the colors it would be much more appealing.
From what they mentioned in the stream, there are more colors for those costumes. I'm having trouble empathizing with those that are hating on the colors shown when we as the players will be given a few different color choices for these costumes.

I'm sure that we all will find a color that suits us.

Raider

Noob
I don't know what the guy (16 bit?) was smoking when he was gushing over her alternate costume. Those colors are just terrible. The brown blends in with her skin and it doesn't pop at all. I think if they change the colors it would be much more appealing.
He was fangirling SO HARD during Jade's reveal it was kinda cringy at moments.
Her alternate costume is really meh, i agree. And it's not just about colors, but how... far it is from who Jade is. Her default costume is much better, if only it wasn't revenant Jade...