What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 - Jade Reveal Trailer [HD 1080P] GREEN AF!!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
The only incarnation of Jade that was "just Kitana" was in MK2, and she was unplayable. The rest are vastly different. UMK3, MK: D, MK:A, MK:9. All different.
I meant visually. Jade's been in four games looking like color blind cosplay black Kitana. She can be dead for one. Johnny Cage did it, Kung Lao did it, Liu Kang did it twice, Scorpion does it every game.

Man is Sonya the only character in the series who hasn't been killed yet?

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I meant visually. Jade's been in four games looking like color blind cosplay black Kitana. She can be dead for one. Johnny Cage did it, Kung Lao did it, Liu Kang did it twice, Scorpion does it every game.

Man is Sonya the only character in the series who hasn't been killed yet?
I see. I'll give you that. But the same can be said of all the ninjas of you look at it from that perspective. Most have masks etc. But the other aesthetics vastly differentiate them as of the modern MK games. This holds true for the Edenian kunoichi.

Also, Sonya is related to Chuck Norris. She can't die. Death is only allowed to lay her to rest when she takes breaks.

From what they mentioned in the stream, there are more colors for those costumes. I'm having trouble empathizing with those that are hating on the colors shown when we as the players will be given a few different color choices for these costumes.

I'm sure that we all will find a color that suits us.
Just commenting on what we know. I find it strange that they would pick that color scheme as a showcase when it is just so aesthetically unappealing. Also we can't be sure that we will find a color scheme we will like. It could be a bunch of different shades of browns for all I know. Not necessarily of course, but we just don't know at this point.

I mean they thought Rousey Sonya was a good idea, thought showcasing that Jade alt costume was a good idea, allow all the ninjas to be whatever color they want (purple Sub?), cut Skarlet's hair and seem to be going in the opposite extreme direction of MK 9 in regards to showing female skin (MK 9 was ridiculous, but now they are unwilling to show any skin at all?), so I'm not exactly confident in their style choices atm.

All my subjective opinion of course, I'm well aware that some people like short hair on women and think the Jade alt costume looks great.

Last edited:

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Just commenting on what we know. I find it strange that they would pick that color scheme as a showcase when it is just so aesthetically unappealing. Also we can't be sure that we will find a color scheme we will like. It could be a bunch of different shades of browns for all I know. Not necessarily of course, but we just don't know at this point.

I mean they thought Rousey Sonya was a good idea, thought showcasing that Jade alt costume was a good idea, allow all the ninjas to be whatever color they want (purple Sub?), cut Skarlet's hair and seem to to be going in the opposite extreme direction of MK 9 in regards to showing female skin (MK 9 was ridiculous, but now they are unwilling to show any skin at all?), so I'm not exactly confident in their style choices atm.

All my subjective opinion of course, I'm well aware that some people like short hair on women and think the Jade alt costume looks great.
All very good points. But I will add that in my opinion, having the ladies a bit more conservatively dressed is more appealing. I always found it odd that most fighting games depict the ladies wearing nothing but string bikinis to a fight when the men are fully clothed and/or armored. Personally, my respect level has gone way up for NRS's decision to appropriately dress the ladies this time around. They started in the right direction with MKX.

As for the browns depicted on Jade's costume. I agree with you 100%. It looked like a Tatooine desert raider costume. The garb on top should have been black. Also, I'm not digging the heels for her costume. She should be wearing boots more fitting of an assassin. But other than those criticisms, the character looks great.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Me: She's dark-skinned

Y'all: OMG NO SHE'S OLIVE SKINNED

Uh-huh. Is that so? Queen looks great.
She’s always been dark-olive skinned. Not sure what the issue is. I’m more concerned with the fact that so many faces are... pretty unflattering at best. No wonder they all have masks.

Gunnxr

Apprentice
I must say, I wasn't even hoping to see Jade in MK11 because I just thought that she was a bland character. Using a bo staff just kinda seemed generic to me. But with this trailer and gameplay, I'm in love with her. Her bo staff reminds me of my green light saber I used to play with all the time as a kid. Her design looks great and her moveset is beautiful. Really excited to see more and she will definitely be considered for my main.

I mean they thought Rousey Sonya was a good idea, thought showcasing that Jade alt costume was a good idea, allow all the ninjas to be whatever color they want (purple Sub?), cut Skarlet's hair and seem to be going in the opposite extreme direction of MK 9 in regards to showing female skin (MK 9 was ridiculous, but now they are unwilling to show any skin at all?), so I'm not exactly confident in their style choices atm.

All very good points. But I will add that in my opinion, having the ladies a bit more conservatively dressed is more appealing. I always found it odd that most fighting games depict the ladies wearing nothing but string bikinis to a fight when the men are fully clothed and/or armored. Personally, my respect level has gone way up for NRS's decision to appropriately dress the ladies this time around. They started in the right direction with MKX.

As for the browns depicted on Jade's costume. I agree with you 100%. It looked like a Tatooine desert raider costume. The garb on top should have been black. Also, I'm not digging the heels for her costume. She should be wearing boots more fitting of an assassin. But other than those criticisms, the character looks great.
I substantially agree with your post. I too was going to post about the heels, but must have forgotten to. Totally agree that fighting in heels doesn't make sense as a general rule. I'd be fine with it in certain circumstances, say for example a female sorcerer that uses mystical dance to enthrall enemies. A ninja like Jade though? Not really making sense to me.

Regarding the direction NRS is going with female characters, I do prefer the new approach to MK 9. MK 9 female designs were just too over the top with the sex appeal. I don't want them to go too far with it in the opposite direction is all. A reasonable amount of sex appeal is welcome imo.

I just hope we're not going to end up fat acceptance characters at some point. As long as the fighters stay looking fit I'm happy overall.

Subby Z

Noob
“I will fight against a man with blades inside his arms, and I will fight against a thunder god, so I will be wearing my mma clothes.”
They are not fighters. They are warriors. Totally disagree with you.
Okay wait. What I meant by the mma gear thing is that those girls don’t SMOTHER themselves in clothing. Look I realize MK9 had the females looking a little less than savory. However, what they seem to be doing now is an extreme as well. Skarlet in particular looks nothing like her MK9 face. I get she was half naked but honestly this new iteration of skarlet could be a completely different character from that. If they hadn’t put skarlet in the life bar idk that i would have known it was her.

Basically the designs are off. Even the colors are off. In a nutshell these designs are not the best thing they’ve ever done. For instance MKX Sub-Zero looked amazing. This new version is...meh.

As for the revenant jade thing. There is no excuse. I didn’t expect her to be a major part of the story by any means. However, she wasn’t in MKX at ALL when all of the other revenants were. That is kind of crapping on her fans. Every other revenant was in story mode but her. Just saying there needs to be a good reason why she wasn’t among them AT ALL during the span of that game. Now she shows up and she’s a revenant as well. That’s bull. I will wait on the story though before I judge it too harshly but as of now there’s no excuse.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Skarlet in particular looks nothing like her MK9 face. I get she was half naked but honestly this new iteration of skarlet could be a completely different character from that. If they hadn’t put skarlet in the life bar idk that i would have known it was her.
Yes, and that has previously been true of many other characters as well, going back as far as Shang Tsung in MK2, Smoke in MK3, Reptile in MK4, Ermac in MK: D and again in MKX, Tremor in MKX... the list goes on. Skarlet is not the first or the last character in the MK franchise to get a complete makeover. That's what happens to characters with generic original designs.

Even the colors are off.
That's what shaders are for.

Just saying there needs to be a good reason why she wasn’t among them AT ALL during the span of that game. Now she shows up and she’s a revenant as well. That’s bull. I will wait on the story though before I judge it too harshly but as of now there’s no excuse.
No there does not "need to be a good reason." Just like there does not need to be a good reason why Nightwolf was never seen again after his fight with Kenshi. You're not entitled to an explanation of what generic Revenant bullshit she was up to. You're free to sit there and be as upset about it as you like.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
She looks good, Jade never has really done it for me but it’s cool to see so many people excited for their character to be back.

That’s one thing that’s exciting about MK11, there are a lot of people hyped for every character.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
She looks good, Jade never has really done it for me but it’s cool to see so many people excited for their character to be back.

That’s one thing that’s exciting about MK11, there are a lot of people hyped for every character.
Same dude. MKX made me think Kano, Jax, and Liu Kang are total badasses for maybe the first time ever. Now MK11 is doing the same for Kabal, Raiden, Baraka, etc. This new timeline has been very good to very many characters.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Same dude. MKX made me think Kano, Jax, and Liu Kang are total badasses for maybe the first time ever. Now MK11 is doing the same for Kabal, Raiden, Baraka, etc. This new timeline has been very good to very many characters.
For sure, theres a ton of characters I like now. I don't feel connected to them like I do with Sub though, I associate playing Sub-Zero with a lot of memories from the past few years. It's really bizarre, but I truly enjoy using the character and getting better with him. I don't have the time, desire, motivation, or natural talent to be a top player in a fighting game but my goal is to be able to at least fight great players without getting blown out, while learning, and reliving some stress.

D

Deleted member 59910

Okay wait. What I meant by the mma gear thing is that those girls don’t SMOTHER themselves in clothing. Look I realize MK9 had the females looking a little less than savory. However, what they seem to be doing now is an extreme as well. Skarlet in particular looks nothing like her MK9 face. I get she was half naked but honestly this new iteration of skarlet could be a completely different character from that. If they hadn’t put skarlet in the life bar idk that i would have known it was her.

Basically the designs are off. Even the colors are off. In a nutshell these designs are not the best thing they’ve ever done. For instance MKX Sub-Zero looked amazing. This new version is...meh.

As for the revenant jade thing. There is no excuse. I didn’t expect her to be a major part of the story by any means. However, she wasn’t in MKX at ALL when all of the other revenants were. That is kind of crapping on her fans. Every other revenant was in story mode but her. Just saying there needs to be a good reason why she wasn’t among them AT ALL during the span of that game. Now she shows up and she’s a revenant as well. That’s bull. I will wait on the story though before I judge it too harshly but as of now there’s no excuse.
In your first post you lost your point using mma as reference imo. Now, I understand your point, but continue to disagree. Matter of taste.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I’m so happy for the first class Jade fans! I hope I can feel that Kind of joy in the future as wel, if they finally reveal Rain, Sektor and Noob for Mortal Kombat 21. :)