What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 - Jade Reveal Trailer [HD 1080P] GREEN AF!!!!

I'd like to see what it looks like with a much brighter green.

What I'd really like to see is a female ninja with Skarlet's costume from the MKX comics.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I'm a bit peeved that Jade's trailer and her gameplay have nothing in common. She spends the entire trailer dunking on people melee style and using her different anti-zoning tools. Then it turns out that's all a lie and she's the biggest zoner ever.

It's like the marketing team is embarrassed that the way Jade is meant to be played doesn't look cool. Lol.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I'm a bit peeved that Jade's trailer and her gameplay have nothing in common. She spends the entire trailer dunking on people melee style and using her different anti-zoning tools. Then it turns out that's all a lie and she's the biggest zoner ever.

It's like the marketing team is embarrassed that the way Jade is meant to be played doesn't look cool. Lol.
I don't think this is quite right. 16Bit made one of her custom variations a strong zoner but he showed others that gave her strong footsie, antizoning and the sprint pressure tool. You just can't do them all at once so you have to pick your style.

pure.Wasted

I mean, she has a rushdown run ability and staff combo abilities. She just has good zoning tools too.
Wouldn't be the first time a video game character was given tools that they can't take advantage of in a competitive environment.

But I take your point.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like all the different colors on everyone including the ninjas, assassins etc it makes them more unique looking as oppose to everyone online having the same damn costumes over and over. That and it'll eliminate costume trolling. For those who don't know what this is, when you play someone who tries to be a wiseass they not only counterpick you but they counterpick you with your own character AND pick the same costume to try to confuse you (unless you go invisible where you can lose your own cursor if not careful) So by all means give me yellow Jade, Green, Blue etc you still have the green there so if you like that just stick with her default....

I get kind of an assassin's creed vibe to her hooded outfit, costume wise I'd rather my favs so far from

Default>>Assassin's Creed costume>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maskless

trufenix

bye felicia
Wouldn't be the first time a video game character was given tools that they can't take advantage of in a competitive environment.

But I take your point.
Competitive relevance is literally the last concern in the character creation process. The balance team just works with what the designers and the animators give them, not other way around.

pure.Wasted

Competitive relevance is literally the last concern in the character creation process. The balance team just works with what the designers and the animators give them, not other way around.
But the balance team's powers are not unlimited and absolute. Balance is influenced by design. Just like design is ultimately influenced by balance.

Imagine that a character is designed with only one projectile move. Is it possible to then make that character a zoner later? Not really. You'd have to make that projectile absurdly, oppressively unfun to do it, which no balance team worth their salt would do. So you're stuck balancing around inherent design elements.

Does Jade's kit look similarly impaired? No not quite, there's definitely room for a variation or two to focus on rushdown or whatever. But the way 16bit talked about her playstyle had me convinced he was talking about the character as a whole.

Snowcow

Noob
I can kinda dig her primary look, just not a fan of all that gold; her human outfits are just generic and boring to me. Sell me on something that looks more "Edenian," colorful, beautiful, and not grounded in hyper practicality; doesn't need to be MK9 again. I just see myself going back to the Klassic outfits again if they add those.

Gameplay wise she looks pretty fun, I play mostly rush down in fighting games but the way she can deal with projectiles and her excellent footsie game, with some UNGA reach, would make her a good counter pick character depending on the variation. I wish there was more gameplay to analysis; also would like if they showed whatever revealed kharacter's kustomization. Kharacter's aesthetic if the first thing that will pull me into a kharacter, it wasn't until Jade's Deception alt that got me to really start liking her.

I just see myself going back to the Klassic outfits again if they add those.
I'm sure they'll be there, but honestly i'm so over the 80's leotard + hooker boots "assassin" look. Worked back in the days when it made sense with the tight clothes due to the way the game was made; now they can do whatever they want.

MKX had some awesome designs for Kitana and Mileena. We don't need to go backwards.

The image you posted screams "superhero" to me, never liked that rendition of Kitana for that reason.

Hopefully if she's in the game they use her MKX outfits as inspiration and not something like the MKvDC look *shudder*.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Blue Skarlet is the worst so far. Like "Honey, why are you cosplaying Kitana?"
Oh yeah, I forgot that disastrous one... REALLY FUGLY! Blue on Skarlet hell no! I'm not a fan of this color thing in general. I don't mind it on Sonya or whatever, but not on the characters which always had their trademark colors like Scorpion, Skarlet and Jade... Yeah, lets give a character that is all about ice a purple costume... and lets give a blood mage a blue costume! Ugh!

Tell me what? I don't like Bo Rai Cho, Birdie, Bob or Rufus. And it doesn't seem like any such characters will be in MK 11 so I'm good.

And even if they are then so be it. I just pointed out that I don't personally like fat characters.
No love for Fillia? I guess she's more chunkey than fat.