What's new

Discussion MKXL's Next Patch

Israel

Noob
If you don't try and meaty Smoke and take a step back you can punish him in recovery for it. If he doesn't wake up then you can just apply pressure. Johnny Cage does this really well because he can stand in the spot to punish the wakeup if Smoke does, then if he doesn't wakeup then he can F3 for his pressure. It's ugh.
Can u punish smoke, for any of his teleport phasing thru you stuff? Its highly annoying to be guessing left right up and down. But hey..its smoke, we gotta deal with it =]

Yak

Noob
Just buffs to the characters/certain variations that are not able to keep up. Though more dlc costumes I'd buy for sure

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
On a serious note. What is really needed in the next patch is new skins for Jason, Goro, Kenshi, Mileena, Tremor, the Gold Scorpion skin, and the emerald coarse skin for reptile to complete all the original ninjas with coarse skins. Oh and nerf Sonya, Takeda, Cassie and Kitana.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Can u punish smoke, for any of his teleport phasing thru you stuff? Its highly annoying to be guessing left right up and down. But hey..its smoke, we gotta deal with it =]
In a block string, I think you can. Yes. But I haven't tested. I'd imagine if he's phasing through you then you can simply jab punish him but i dno. A lot of his things you don't actually have to deal with, people just haven't explored all their options or know the MU yet. Hell, I struggle fighting against Smoke even though I have the knowledge, it's just practice I need lol.

Israel

Noob
In a block string, I think you can. Yes. But I haven't tested. I'd imagine if he's phasing through you then you can simply jab punish him but i dno. A lot of his things you don't actually have to deal with, people just haven't explored all their options or know the MU yet. Hell, I struggle fighting against Smoke even though I have the knowledge, it's just practice I need lol.
Yea same here. im going to test his stuff but mannn is it annoying. Everyone says the other bots r OP and stuff but right now, id rather fight them. I like his design tho, perhaps the wake up option could be better.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
KP2:
Sektor up-missiles hit advantage reduced
- he can still teleport anywhere on screen for a launching combo, why is it so much that he's allowed to run in full screen or recover after an uppercut and start with a string?
Cyrax b2 at -15 on block
- meterless pseudo unblockable 100% unpunishable... defense like that should be rewarded
CSZ dive kick hits mid, safer on block
- CSZ seems "fine", really really good but "fine". I wouldn't know how else to normalize him if he even needs normalization but this seems like a fair trade off. He can still do b3d4 in the corner, use b1 or an overhead NJP, but at least this way it's not through unreactable IA Dive Kicks. The closest alternative would be to make bombs hit mid but I think that would hurt the variation too much. Safer dive kicks should be welcome for MK9 CSZ mains I'd imagine.
Smoke - Shake / Bombs
- I'd really like him to have Shake back so he doesn't get zoned so easily, the animations for that move are pretty much in the game already..
- Both Smoke Bombs at 24 frames, hitboxes remain the same so they should still be able to jump out on reaction
Bo Rai Cho
- how about, never put unblockable moves in any of your games.. ever again?

edit: hotfix for CSZ and Sektor! Nice

Last edited:

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I think with the stamina change to breakers, his MB dragon kick being plus 2 would destroy the purpose of the changes made. If i played Liu id love it being plus 2 so if my opponent broke, I'm in their face stamina free and it's my turn. But they only made it neutral correct? It would be like KJ's lunge kick being plus. Free armored way in that doesn't require the stamina lost from breaker. Is his kick a high currently? If it were a high I would be okay with it a little more. But if it were a mid it would be a tad to strong.
Yeah it's a high and even the meter burn is still a mid but a projectile will always beat it from full screen but I see your point
Edit- ex dragon kick only has armor for a couple of frames

Last edited:

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
On a serious note. What is really needed in the next patch is new skins for Jason, Goro, Kenshi, Mileena, Tremor, the Gold Scorpion skin, and the emerald coarse skin for reptile to complete all the original ninjas with coarse skins. Oh and nerf Sonya, Takeda, Cassie and Kitana.
I don't know if dlc characters are getting any dlc costumes, it hasn't happened yet and character's like Jason have an alternate color that is pretty much a different skin. Maybe Tanya's story mode model or klassic Tremor will be given to us for free or something but I doubt it. I really don't think any of those characters need a nerf but I'm a little biased =)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
KP2:
Sektor up-missiles hit advantage reduced
- he can still teleport anywhere on screen for a launching combo, why is it so much that he's allowed to run in full screen or recover after an uppercut and start with a string?
Cyrax b2 at -15 on block
- meterless pseudo unblockable 100% unpunishable... defense like that should be rewarded
- CSZ seems "fine", really really good but "fine". I wouldn't know how else to normalize him if he even needs normalization but this seems like a fair trade off. He can still do b3d4 in the corner, use b1 or an overhead NJP, but at least this way it's not through unreactable IA Dive Kicks. The closest alternative would be to make bombs hit mid but I think that would hurt the variation too much. Safer dive kicks should be welcome for MK9 CSZ mains I'd imagine.
Smoke - Shake / Bombs
- I'd really like him to have Shake back so he doesn't get zoned so easily, the animations for that move are pretty much in the game already..
- Both Smoke Bombs at 24 frames, hitboxes remain the same so they should still be able to jump out on reaction
Bo Rai Cho
- how about, never put unblockable moves in any of your games.. ever again?

About the Bo RAi Cho unblockables...They're more risk than reward for BRC. He gets like 17% if he guesses right, and you get a full combo punish. If you're having issues, lab it. Seriously.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
About the Bo RAi Cho unblockables...They're more risk than reward for BRC. He gets like 17% if he guesses right, and you get a full combo punish. If you're having issues, lab it. Seriously.
I know you can jump it on reaction, however someone just found a reset you can't jump out of.
Also he gets around 35% so uhh maybe YOU can go lab it? ;)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I know you can jump it on reaction, however someone just found a reset you can't jump out of.
Also he gets around 35% so uhh maybe YOU can go lab it? ;)
Link me this reset. I've been labbing The shit outta bartitsu BRc since release and have not found any guaranteed reset. I must know!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
If you don't try and meaty Smoke and take a step back you can punish him in recovery for it. If he doesn't wake up then you can just apply pressure. Johnny Cage does this really well because he can stand in the spot to punish the wakeup if Smoke does, then if he doesn't wakeup then he can F3 for his pressure. It's ugh.
Not even that, I just d1 on his wake up, if he does ex smoke towards I punish with 11. It going further on wake up I don't mind

Error404

Noob
KP2:

Smoke - Shake
Bruh... CSZ is not fine. If his dive kick is to keep being an overhead , it should be WAAAY MORE punishable. If spaced correctly it's already safe and it's whiff recovery is absurd. Also Smoke doesn't get zoned , people just don't use f3.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It has barely been a week and we're already going "So what would you like in the next patch?" Let's let the DLC characters develop for a bit before we talk about potential nerfs and buffs, if only so we know about all potential things that need nerfing.
so you want TYM to stop being TYM until the DLC characters "develop a bit"? what would I do here then?

Tanya
Universal: F3 is 16 frames
Drill kick and flip kick back to its original state
Pyro:
Ex fireball (ground) now does 12% damage
F3 now does 13% damage on shrouded opponents and fireballs can still be used afterwards.
Gap in b312 is removed.
Ex shroud now stuns to continue combos (like Ex Tonfa).
And finally more strings (one of which being a true mid attack)
Kobu:
B12+4 now does it original damage
Ex Tonfa does significantly more damage (big damage)
B12+42+3 now does increased damage.
Extra strings that are actually USEFUL in Kobu
With the tonfas.