What's new

MKXL Results from Evo 2016

N

My opinion

Sonic fox beat him 3-0 in winners finals, did we all forget about this. Then trekken master reset bracket. Sonic fox got down 1-0. Then sonic won 2 strait games. Trekken master pulled out a great variation against Arron black. Trekken master was down 2-1 when he switched and then sonic knew that variation could not compete with his alien. If trekken master wanted it to be Arron black he should of stayed with his original variation. Sonic fox would have won anyways. He switched to a good variation against erron black but a terrible veriation alien. Tekken master is 2nd best player in the world right now but he lost to the best. But let me guess it's ok trekken master counter picked, but when sonic fox does it it's not ok.
I've not once said anything negative about counter picking. I said it sucks a great set was thrown away because of alien. Fox did the right thing to win. As a spectator, it sucked because alien is pretty much b.s.

sars

Noob
if u can't see how he's a sell out then i can't help you. no one is challenging his skill but you switch to the best character in the game in 3 different tournaments when you're about to loose? bruh
He got counter picked 1st. He also won esl season one with kitana. Let me guess he picked top tier there also. Tekken master is a great mkx player and no one is denying that but he brought alien upon him self when he counter picked.

That moment when you've never seen Sonic fox's head before because he's always had a hat on... Regardless of the outcome that match was extremely impressive, I've never seen Sonic look that shook before in my life, he looked nervous and so serious. That grand final was hype as fuck, Tekken Master showed some amazing promise. Tekken Master lost cause he dropped some combos and just couldn't pull through in the last match, with TM's skill level Alien wouldn't of mattered to him, he simply got out played end of, it was extremely impressive set and I'm glad I got to watch it.

Great grand finals, I look forward to being there in person for next year whether it's MKXL or Injustice 2. TM I hope you continue to go to tournaments in the US, you are the MvP of evo for me.

sars

Noob
I've not once said anything negative about counter picking. I said it sucks a great set was thrown away because of alien. Fox did the right thing to win. As a spectator, it sucked because alien is pretty much b.s.
A hype set would of been keeping there original variations. Trekken master chose to counter pick first, so sonic took advantage. Once trekken master switched variations we all knew alien was coming out if he lost

A hype set would of been keeping there original variations. Trekken master chose to counter pick first, so sonic took advantage. Once trekken master switched variations we all knew alien was coming out if he lost
Jesus...I didn't say I had a problem with counter picking. I said, again....alien is the problem. And it sucked that alien is that good, too make the match that bad.

Jesus...I didn't say I had a problem with counter picking. I said, again....alien is the problem. And it sucked that alien is that good, too make the match that bad.
The same alien he has switched AWAY from in favor of EB? Why would he do that big alien is so good?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Watching the SFV top8, I have to say, given how many players went there, having half of the top8 play the exact same character (Nash) says a lot IMO to the state of MKX where we saw a lot of variety in top8.
MKX has been out for a lot longer and has had balance patches.

SFV 5 months no balance patches.

Watching the SFV top8, I have to say, given how many players went there, having half of the top8 play the exact same character (Nash) says a lot IMO to the state of MKX where we saw a lot of variety in top8.
Nah man, MKX is literally the ONLY fighting game EVER where the top players tend to pick from a much smaller pool of character than are in the game.

sars

Noob
Trust me I'm not trying to argue. I'm just trying to have a discussion.

omooba

fear the moobs
He got counter picked 1st. He also won esl season one with kitana. Let me guess he picked top tier there also. Tekken master is a great mkx player and no one is denying that but he brought alien upon him self when he counter picked.
and no one is denying sonic being a great player but if everytime someone is getting the better of him he switches to the current most broke character in the game bruh. counter picking is one thing. picking the most broke character is another. and this is the third time at grandfinals he's done that.

and no one is denying sonic being a great player but if everytime someone is getting the better of him he switches to the current most broke character in the game bruh. counter picking is one thing. picking the most broke character is another. and this is the third time at grandfinals he's done that.
He has switched AWAY from that broken character in favor of EB twice. WHY?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Going into EVO I was kinda dreading watching MKX top 8, and really looking forward to SFV.

I'm pretty shocked I ended up enjoying MKX way more.

Well SFV hasn't been to bad though, just Nash/Chun is kinda getting to me.

Hopefully Fuudo can save the day with Mika.

sars

Noob
Sonic was up 2-1 when tekken switched. I don't understand how tekken was getting the better of him. Sonic won 7- 5 in matches against him. Please tell how tekken was getting the better of him. Tekken switched after sonic took 2 games from him. Sonic downloaded him and that's why trekken switched. If tekken thought he would of won he wouldn't of switched. So sonic saw the opportunity and took advantage of it. Good for him, he the best player in the world and proved it.

Yes, alien needs some nerfs, and yes, it did kill the hype for me when sonic fox picked him, but anyone saying that sonicfox isn't the goat is crazy. It can be a buzz kill when he starts to lose, and then he picks alien, but what about all of the other stuff he's accomplished?

He won an esl season with kitana. He won an esl season with gunslinger EB. he's won weekly esl tournaments with more characters than I can think of. It's reasonable to say that watching alien play is boring as shit and alien needs nerfs, but if you can't understand that SF is a fighting game prodigy then something is wrong with you

People can put out an opinion without hating the guy, damn.

That moment when you've never seen Sonic fox's head before because he's always had a hat on... Regardless of the outcome that match was extremely impressive, I've never seen Sonic look that shook before in my life, he looked nervous and so serious. That grand final was hype as fuck, Tekken Master showed some amazing promise. Tekken Master lost cause he dropped some combos and just couldn't pull through in the last match, with TM's skill level Alien wouldn't of mattered to him, he simply got out played end of, it was extremely impressive set and I'm glad I got to watch it.

Great grand finals, I look forward to being there in person for next year whether it's MKXL or Injustice 2. TM I hope you continue to go to tournaments in the US, you are the MvP of evo for me.
Exactly how I felt. Not how I wanted it too end, but seeing how sonic had to go into boss mode was crazy. Due to bills I couldn't go this year but I'm going for sure next year

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
From my understanding much of the SFV community actually believes Ryu to be the strongest character in the game, who had no representation in the top 8. This might change that, but despite nash and chun li being the large majority of the matches very little of that community finds them to be problem characters. Honestly Mika gets the most complaints lol.

I noticed a bit his flag on the armside of his T-shirt, but couldn't see clearly to where he's from. I'm a glaukomatic, and I need to be at a certain distance to read everything better. I mean that dude who almost killed Sonicfox with his Kotal Khan. :(
You were looking at a flag on his T-shirt? Tut if only his name was on the top of the screen eh