What's new

MKXL Hotfix Notes 3-8-2016

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This post and your other one invalidates anything you say in this thread. You're not even taking into account the startup of jump+teleport uppercut.. The equation is not "x+ frames on block = y easy to hitconfirm". If a move has 300 frames of hitstun and leaves you at +20 on hit it's far easier to hitconfirm from than if it is only 30 frames of hitstun and leaves you at + 22. You'r attributing the entire equation to a single variable which is hilarious.

The part where you suggest you have all the time in the world to react during the launch and landing of the missiles takes it even further in terms of absurdity. You actually think semi-high to high level matches revolve around punishing whiffed moves with a huge amount of frames ... that aren't projectiles. As for projectiles, it won't be able to punish those either post nerf since the projectiles' hitstun/blockstun will prevent Sektor from comboing from up missiles anyway.

Thanks for demonstrating what deluded reasoning people backing up this butchering lean against. It should be freaking stickied.
For things with weird block stun in this game like kotals swords, they're still however minus they are, just with a weird timing to press the button after. So hitstun/blockstun is kind of irrelevant, same thing with shaolin KJ drop kick I think.

To everyone saying if you can't hit confirm it consistently you're not good and so forth.. It's +43.. The teleport is 26 frames.. You have a 17 frame window to react.. Was there not a thread made recently where the general consensus was that the average player can only react to somewhere around 20 frames consistently? Did we conveniently forget that? Lol but ight tho

kevkopdx

Noob
Well I meant crop duster setups. I should have specified and said something like "high damaging setups that strip away all your options and force you to weather the storm blocking his mixups" but I was lazy.
lol but he only has those options in the corner... you cant seriously think he needs nerfing, nothing is broken and he is super unsafe... if you have a projectile or teleport he is at an immediate disadvantage...:confused:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
What happened to Lao? I never thought he was game breaking especially compared to some of the others on the roster. I mean he built alot of meter from his block strings, but they already addressed that across the entire board.
They toned down his ex hat spin from +14 to +7; his ex spin now sucks you in on block for an easy punish; toned down his jip2 hit box with his hat...

Funny how quickly folks drop characters that had strong options once they were toned down and look for similar things in new characters...

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
They toned down his ex hat spin from +14 to +7; his ex spin now sucks you in on block for an easy punish; toned down his jip2 hit box with his hat...

Funny how quickly folks drop characters that had strong options once they were toned down and look for similar things in new characters...
Online his hat spin still feels +14 lol but I know that's irrelevant... I've always wanted to pick up KL. Maybe I'll give him a shot soon.

To everyone saying if you can't hit confirm it consistently you're not good and so forth.. It's +43.. The teleport is 26 frames.. You have a 17 frame window to react.. Was there not a thread made recently where the general consensus was that the average player can only react to somewhere around 20 frames consistently? Did we conveniently forget that? Lol but ight tho
Precisely. And add to that that it's hard to execute a frame-perfect teleport. It's obvious that the nerf apologists in general don't know what they are talking about.

Airborne teleport punch is somewhat faster, but it is likely that you still won't have enough time to consistently react. And if you're going to make a guess you might as well do the teleport raw.

I agree that it needed a slight adjustment, but some of the comments in this thread are just insanely ignorant.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
To everyone saying it's possible to confirm full screen, please stfu. Please go into practice and put ai block mode to Random Kombo, then go full screen and try hit confirming the UM into TU. As soon as ONE person can post a video of them confirming with consistency, then you proved everyone wrong and they are downplaying. But the fact of the matter is, hitconfirming from full screen consistently is humanly impossible.

Before people flip out on me, just letting you know I agree. I agree that they needed a nerf and I'm perfectly okay with the results. I'm just tired of people calling everyone scrubs just because they can't confirm these damn missiles with a tele. But in reality, nobody can.

Agilaz

It has begun
Precisely. And add to that that it's hard to execute a frame-perfect teleport. It's obvious that the nerf apologists in general don't know what they are talking about.

Airborne teleport punch is somewhat faster, but it is likely that you still won't have enough time to consistently react. And if you're going to make a guess you might as well do the teleport raw.

I agree that it needed a slight adjustment, but some of the comments in this thread are just insanely ignorant.
Ketchup made a good point about how fullscreen missiles work now. In terms of frame data it's still possible, but in reality, i.e. taking into account human reaction speed, it's not. It's no longer hit confirming, you're committing to a teleport hoping the missiles hit.

+43 is not enough to consistently land a 26 frame teleport because you're not taking reactions into account. I'd like to see some people consistently react to having 17 frames to hitconfirm something in a real match - especially with a move that's as unsafe as teleport is.

And like I've said earlier in this thread, it wouldn't be too bad if it was just the missiles or just 1112. They had to hit both and let me tell you, 1112 is DEAD. Deader than Death himself. There is no reason to ever use this string again.

If you decide to use it in neutral, you risk getting armoured between 111()2. If they don't armour and they block the entire string, you're +2. Yaaaay.

If it hits them and knocks them down, either in neutral or as a combor ender, you're pretty much stuck not being to do anything but block. Yaaaay.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Pretty sure the up missle was never meant to be an ice ball type of move lol.

All this dirt you speak of has been toned down as well, but I somewhat agree with the 'people complain so it gets nerfed' idea. Happened to Lao, happened to Mileena even quicker.
People also complained about Lao not being viable, before he was majorly buffed. There's no guarantee it works this way; but if it does, it goes both ways.

Mileena in XL is now better than she's ever been, so you can then chalk that up to the same as well.

Last edited:
You know, even if you don't get a combo, you still have time to run in and start pressure.
Lmao.. I just risked my life by using a 52 frame mid, I miraculously hit you, and now I run in and utilize my top tier pressure.. Lol bruh.. What pressure? Are we still even talking about Sektor at this point?? Even if I somehow open you up his BnB's require stamina that you just wasted running in.. Sektors about spacing so when you say run in and start pressure I'm going to have to ask you to elaborate..

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Ketchup made a good point about how fullscreen missiles work now. In terms of frame data it's still possible, but in reality, i.e. taking into account human reaction speed, it's not. It's no longer hit confirming, you're committing to a teleport hoping the missiles hit.

+43 is not enough to consistently land a 26 frame teleport because you're not taking reactions into account. I'd like to see some people consistently react to having 17 frames to hitconfirm something in a real match - especially with a move that's as unsafe as teleport is.

And like I've said earlier in this thread, it wouldn't be too bad if it was just the missiles or just 1112. They had to hit both and let me tell you, 1112 is DEAD. Deader than Death himself. There is no reason to ever use this string again.

If you decide to use it in neutral, you risk getting armoured between 111()2. If they don't armour and they block the entire string, you're +2. Yaaaay.

If it hits them and knocks them down, either in neutral or as a combor ender, you're pretty much stuck not being to do anything but block. Yaaaay.
I'm gonna blow your entire universe here and say you can still use 1112 because of 114, if they wanna armour the gaps let them, either way you'll be baiting stupid armour or +2

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Lmao.. I just risked my life by using a 52 frame mid, I miraculously hit you, and now I run in and utilize my top tier pressure.. Lol bruh.. What pressure? Are we still even talking about Sektor at this point?? Even if I somehow open you up his BnB's require stamina that you just wasted running in.. Sektors about spacing so when you say run in and start pressure I'm going to have to ask you to elaborate..
I'm not sure what your saying here? Do you want the game to win for you? Is an overhead or low starter option not enough these days?

Has the world gone mad?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Man.

YOU CAN'T RUN UNDER UPMISSILES WITHOUT RISKING RUNNING INTO MISSILES PLACED IN FRONT. THE IDEA THAT THAT IS HOW YOU CAN PUNISH THEM IS INVALID ON THAT ALONE, IF TREMOR TAUGHT US ANYTHING. THE INDIVIDUAL MISSILES ALSO TRACK, MEANING CERTAIN MOBILITY OPTIONS USED TO AVOID THEM DO NOT WORK. THERE ARE ALSO 3 MISSILES TO CONFIRM HITS FROM, NOT JUST ONE. YOU ARE ALSO SIGNIFICANTLY PLUS ON BLOCK FROM HAVING THEM BLOCKED, WHICH IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO WANT TO RUN INTO MISSILES FROM THE FRONT ALL THE TIME. PLUS 43 ON HIT IS PERFECTLY OKAY.

Like,I'm almost convinced a majority of you downplayers have only touched a fighting game last year.

THTB

It's not hard to adjust combos according to stamina. Also, ex straight missile confirms and homing missile isn't good for pressure and offense in general? K.

Man.

YOU CAN'T RUN UNDER UPMISSILES WITHOUT RISKING RUNNING INTO MISSILES PLACED IN FRONT. THE IDEA THAT THAT IS HOW YOU CAN PUNISH THEM IS INVALID ON THAT ALONE, IF TREMOR TAUGHT US ANYTHING. THE INDIVIDUAL MISSILES ALSO TRACK, MEANING CERTAIN MOBILITY OPTIONS USED TO AVOID THEM DO NOT WORK. THERE ARE ALSO 3 MISSILES TO CONFIRM HITS FROM, NOT JUST ONE. YOU ARE ALSO SIGNIFICANTLY PLUS ON BLOCK FROM HAVING THEM BLOCKED, WHICH IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO WANT TO RUN INTO MISSILES FROM THE FRONT ALL THE TIME. PLUS 43 ON HIT IS PERFECTLY OKAY.

Like,I'm almost convinced a majority of you downplayers have only touched a fighting game last year.
Caps don't make you anymore right or wrong.. And I'm convinced you don't know what you're talking about.. You can run under his missiles 100% of the time from full screen with no problem.. Have you even touched him or have you just watched videos? My friend does it all the time and no offense to him but he's only a half decent player.. Are you not able to do the same? Have you tried? He no longer has any solids setups to get them out safely so how are you not avoiding them at this point? I'm not downplaying I believe he's solid, but not for the reasons anyone on here is stating

I'm not sure what your saying here? Do you want the game to win for you? Is an overhead or low starter option not enough these days?

Has the world gone mad?
How did you come to the conclusion that I wanted the game to win for me? And if you're implying you want me to up rocket and then run across the screen for a 50/50 then I think we're done here bro..

THTB

Caps don't make you anymore right or wrong.. And I'm convinced you don't know what you're talking about.. You can run under his missiles 100% of the time from full screen with no problem.. Have you even touched him or have you just watched videos? My friend does it all the time and no offense to him but he's only a half decent player.. Are you not able to do the same? Have you tried? He no longer has any solids setups to get them out safely so how are you not avoiding them at this point? I'm not downplaying I believe he's solid, but not for the reasons anyone on here is stating
Are you aiming the missiles in front?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Who said it was top tier? Just because it's not RC pressure doesn't make it bad. I'm saying that if you're not confident in you ability to hit confirm, you could run in and use a safe blockstring. Or you could run in, poke, then use a blockstring. Or you could throw. You could cross up. In fact you could cross up and if you read an AA, use air charge or MB Uppercut.

Or..you could run in and do your 50/50

Also, you're not risking your life. If you use up missile and you think they're going to run in, you can have them land in front of you.

In fact, this whole "run in" horse shit is pretty stupid as a talking point. You have a lot of options in the nuetral to deal with running. Straight missile, EN flame thrower, pokes, f13, etc.

So they start ducking on anticipation for the straight missile and you do up missile instead. How do you think every other character with a high projectile (i.e. most of them) make it work?

Holy shit. Up Missile might actually require us to use the gray matter between our ears.

IN THE TRASH BIN!!!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How did you come to the conclusion that I wanted the game to win for me? And if you're implying you want me to up rocket and then run across the screen for a 50/50 then I think we're done here bro..
Why not? Every other character does that.

Do you not understand the concept of conditioning?