What's new

MKXL Hotfix Notes 3-8-2016

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Sektor's up rockets are pretty hard to hit confirm. I think most of the time you'll be hoping they punish something to give you more time to react. But it's cool though, during matches Up rockets didn't hit that much because my opponents would be wary and try to block/dodge them.

Mix in some high rockets, placing up rockets, flamethrower and that awesome B2 is how I was getting damage. Plus 50/50s and Sektor felt like a character where I spent meter when I wanted as long as I wasn't getting destroyed in the corner. EX tracking missile to mixup, EX straight missile confirms, EX flamethrower to wakeup (this one is kind wonky due to bad input design), and there are some teleport/charge shenanigans but I never did those.

It'd be nice to get some more hit advantage so full screen confirms are more scary and less risky but I'll live. Unless I get cornered by Alien, LF, CSZ, or Cyrax since those are the real monsters. Bo is never going to get me there what with his 22f mids and mixups and a bunch of highs.

forget which one i did with sektor, but it was messed up...

but Scorpion was hell fire i believe... (normally scorpion can't punish moves on block with HF without them having an escape possibility, but since its -18 on reversal, you just eat it)its like how dare you use net for pressure-_-

and everyone can punish that net close to near mid.
basically it is safe just out side of sweep, but you can do some advancing strings after RC to get him in some combos, but its only a handfull of characters that can do it or have the tools. nothing worht complaining about.

my biggest problem is when i wakup with armor and get stuffed by normals... meter gone to waist...

i think i have a video of that one.

my brother is a Sektor main and he uses CSZ as backup and i use
with
as a backup

he found out he could dropp normal setup for MB armor stuff, and found out he "didn't need to waist armor to stuff Cyrax's Crappy MB wakeup" his words exactly.

wait a second, you have been mad about the hotfix and you havent tested it yet?

im on Xbox as well and since you said it has plenty of hit stun, i have news for you. it has been updated on your system close to 3 days ago.... so what where you mad about?

i told you his change was fine, people where overreacting, honestly CSZ got hit harder than he did.
I've been playing for three days straight. There has to be something ****ed up going on here; even people who supported the change said things along the lines of "it was not intended to be hitconfirmed into; it gives you free pressure, what more can you ask for?" Literally no one has problems hitconfirming from what's going on on my screen. That's +43 after the FIRST missile, not the third.

The logical explanation would be that the window between the first and the third counts as active time and thus isn't added to the "+ on block" number if this indeed is the hotfixed version I'm seeing. Then it all adds up frame wise.

Do you also get a long stagger animation from the opponent after the three missiles have all landed? I can still run from full screen and do a combo ... that wasn't supposed to be possible.

I still fear the XBO version has yet to get the hotfix because this just cannot be what's causing all the controversy. What about the freaking video I saw on Youtube where recovery happened immediately after the third hit of the missiles?

By the way, when you said you can hitconfirm from b1 into 3+4: That is impossible. I just tested it. The cancel window is extremely small ... like

This is supposed to be the hotfixed version:

Which would be a ridiculous nerf. I don't have that at all. The character is staggered for much longer after the third missile lands. I'm in EU; could it be that the hotfix has yet to reach me? I can ****ing stance change and THEN run full screen for a combo.

Incidentally, the moves list lists up missiles as +18 on block for me, but actually, the opponent is only blockstunned for an extreme short amount of time; something like 4 frames.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I've been playing for three days straight. There has to be something ****ed up going on here; even people who supported the change said things along the lines of "it was not intended to be hitconfirmed into; it gives you free pressure, what more can you ask for?" Literally no one has problems hitconfirming from what's going on on my screen. That's +43 after the FIRST missile, not the third.

The logical explanation would be that the window between the first and the third counts as active time and thus isn't added to the "+ on block" number if this indeed is the hotfixed version I'm seeing. Then it all adds up frame wise.

Do you also get a long stagger animation from the opponent after the three missiles have all landed? I can still run from full screen and do a combo ... that wasn't supposed to be possible.

I still fear the XBO version has yet to get the hotfix because this just cannot be what's causing all the controversy. What about the freaking video I saw on Youtube where recovery happened immediately after the third hit of the missiles?

By the way, when you said you can hitconfirm from b1 into 3+4: That is impossible. I just tested it. The cancel window is extremely small ... like
ive hit confirmed from it, but i don't hit confirm it every time.... mostly its a hard read. its a 50/50, they have to guess right if not u know..

and yes this is what everyone has been complaining about,Shocking right , that this is what the fuss was about, why you think most of my first posts was , Whaaaaa? seriously and then when they dragged it on and on, day after day i was like ok...

my data showed the same as what theres did... then one of them explained they couldnt eat a D2 from a connected up rocket/uppercut trade, recover back up and full combo punish, and they where freaking about that.

trust me we have it now.

we have everything else.. and there is no way we don't have it 3 days after when the patch-notes originally was released for XB1, so rest assured you have the 3-8 hotfix.

But dude, I can stance change and then run full screen for a combo.

I'm only testing this in training, though. Could it be that it has only been applied for online play? Is the hotfixed version the one you see in the video I linked?

forget which one i did with sektor, but it was messed up...

but Scorpion was hell fire i believe... (normally scorpion can't punish moves on block with HF without them having an escape possibility, but since its -18 on reversal, you just eat it)its like how dare you use net for pressure-_-
You do realizes that it's -18 if it's blocked on the first active frame right? The longer its out the less negative it is meaning if it's blocked full screen it's not punishable by an 18 frame move at that point..

MadeOfMetal

I'm only testing this in training, though. Could it be that it has only been applied for online play? Is the hotfixed version the one you see in the video I linked?
yeah thats what we both got... all i know is the one i got i can, uprocket on hit and tele after a little bit wait...

MadeOfMetal

You do realizes that it's -18 if it's blocked on the first active frame right? The longer its out the less negative it is meaning if it's blocked full screen it's not punishable by an 18 frame move at that point..
yes i hope everyone understands that, cuz you know it would take alot of frames for a projectile to travel or anyother move, but Scorpions Hellfire, is unblockable, and since he is at -18 and has to stand there for that entire 18 frames before he becomes neutral again, he can't block until 18 frames are up.

so he will eat
scorps special every time.

also don't we have fast enough projectiles that come out in half that amount of time, that could garantee they have to respect it and hold block?

MadeOfMetal

u have Xbox?

add me

ESG Jagged

ill be on now..lets test some shit in online practice :) u down?

yeah thats what we both got... all i know is the one i got i can, uprocket on hit and tele after a little bit wait...
Are you saying that you have the butchered version seen in the video, or the version I have, that staggers the opponent for far longer than the video version does?

It seems I have yet to get the hotfixed up missiles, actually. I got a response from the video uploader and he's on PS4.

MadeOfMetal

Are you saying that you have the butchered version seen in the video, or the version I have, that staggers the opponent for far longer than the video version does?

It seems I have yet to get the hotfixed up missiles, actually. I got a response from the video uploader and he's on PS4.
whats your gamer tag, ill add ya and we can hope on and figure shit out.. im under the understanding that im up to date

here is the Update version: Xbox One: aa70b6f8

whats your gamer tag, ill add ya and we can hope on and figure shit out.. im under the understanding that im up to date

here is the Update version: Xbox One: aa70b6f8
Gamertag is same as name here!

Eh, when I go to options menu I see a number in the lower right corner; it's not the same number as the one you just posted! The number I see is 0.268-04-cb79044.

I'd like to see the punishes you speak of for Cyrax's net, 'cause I just tested with Hellfire Scorpion and couldn't find a way to punish him far away on block.

MadeOfMetal

this is the one i see when i start the game up: aa70b6f8
adding you, my shit is up to date... ill show you it in online practice if yours isn't somehow up to date.

Cjrxxx

OH MY DAYS
I was hopng to see Cyrax get armor on his EX teleport and CSZ's god tier divekick get normalized to the mid it should've been. At least they're paying attention, Sektor's up rockets were ridiculous to a point.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Since I use the MKXL disc to play, I get a "wrong disc error" each time I try to enter an invitation from a player that has the MKX disc. Anyone else with the same problem?

I have both MKX and MKXL installed in the ps4, MKX with KP2.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Gamertag is same as name here!

Eh, when I go to options menu I see a number in the lower right corner; it's not the same number as the one you just posted! The number I see is 0.268-04-cb79044.

I'd like to see the punishes you speak of for Cyrax's net, 'cause I just tested with Hellfire Scorpion and couldn't find a way to punish him far away on block.
Same here cant get online either. As soon as i chalange somebody is says declined and other people cant chalange me

So, a little update. Labbed some stuff with Jagged and it turns out I didn't have the hotfix. After our session I got it, like a virus. Seriously, they REALLY overdid it with the up missiles. Go into practice and test it for yourselves. It has only like 4 frames of block stun; you can uppercut Sektor out of it on reaction EVERY time up close; you can run forward on reaction from afar and run past them; and even if you happen to get hit, you'll only take 6% damage unless the Sektor player really commits and goes in for it preemptively.

I really feel like NRS has catered to people who have no experience with the matchup whatsoever this time, and it's sickening to see.

Trade and tracking needed to go, for sure.That's it. Hitconfirming to teleport uppercut against reckless players was 100% fair considering the risk you take when you throw out those up missiles.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but I wanted to give an informed breakdown of how the move works now; there's been lots of disinformation in the thread, and disinformation is obviously not what should dominate the discussion. People will be quick to defend nerfs of characters they don't play; if they're going to do that, fine -- but don't justify your opinion with false information.