What's new

MKXL Enhanced Online BETA Feedback; KP2 Coming October 4th

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The balance patch is done on the new engine (the XL engine). It doesn't work on the old engine we have for MKX. They can't separate it.
Literally, we need to DL the XL pack in order for the patch to work?

trufenix

bye felicia
I might be ignorant in the matter, but why couldn't they just patch the balance changes to the game right away? I understand wanting to wait for the finished GGPO for releasng the KP2, but the balance patch upgrade is done already...
A, they probably can't. Going from delay to rollback requires you to rebuild your entire game. The way it handles animations, inputs, even plays sound cues would have had to be rewritten. It unlikely just dropping some updated files in some folders with the old build would work.

B, there would be no point. If they don't even update demo builds for trade shows and conventions, they're absolutely not going to do a temp build for the 30 days between when you guys transformed back from werewolves into humans again and when it actually comes out.

trufenix

bye felicia
Literally, we need to DL the XL pack in order for the patch to work?
It's possible they rigged up some sort of asset sharing between the beta and the actual xl patch, but odds are you will be redownloading the entire game in a month just like consoles did.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
A, they probably can't. Going from delay to rollback requires you to rebuild your entire game. The way it handles animations, inputs, even plays sound cues would have had to be rewritten. It unlikely just dropping some updated files in some folders with the old build would work.

B, there would be no point. If they don't even update demo builds for trade shows and conventions, they're absolutely not going to do a temp build for the 30 days between when you guys transformed back from werewolves into humans again and when it actually comes out.
A got it

B why not?

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read here.
I'm here with you. I've talked a lot of shit about them abandoning PC. But the truth is even though we do deserve a fix, we are still lucky to get it. This could've all turned out like the Arkham series, where the PC port was shit, and now the next Arkham games will not make it to PC.

shura30

Shura
I might be ignorant in the matter, but why couldn't they just patch the balance changes to the game right away? I understand wanting to wait for the finished GGPO for releasng the KP2, but the balance patch upgrade is done already...
because they're out of mandrake root and lunar shards so they can't do their programming witchcraft
the herbalist said he'll restock on the second half of september hence the release announced

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Maybe they want to have as much time as possible to test the changes they are not sure about, I don't know.

Would have been nice to see TCW with the new patch, instead of another tournament with bullshit grandfinals.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Hey TYM. With MKXL finally being ported and coming in about three weeks, I wanted to see what you are most excited about and to share my hopes for some things.

For people who have XL on the ps4, the PC release may not be as big of a deal (besides the new patch) but PC has the modding scene and these three specific mods, if made properly, could be the ticket for me to go back to PC since I was a PC guy before.

1. Hair and hat in all variations on Erron's Bounty hunter costume- imagining default Erron hair and his hat in outlaw and marksman coupled with the sick design of his costume makes me so hype already.

2. Dead woods into living forest.
After looking through some mod requests, this one made so much sense. I mean the stage is literally perfect for the living forest. Granted I don't know how hard modding is, but if somehow we can edit the texture of the stage into green and brown, and changed the music that plays on it to the living forest theme, it will transform to my least liked stage to my most favorite stage :)

3. Classic skins for tremor and triborg- there are already classic tremor mods and they look so good. If the bugs and issues are ironed out they are downright perfect. Triborg I'm not sure how, but if it did happen omfg.

Those are the three main ones I'm excited about. What are yours?

P.S I know the patch is most important, but this is mainly about the PC and what it can bring in terms of unique content and stuff.

Hey TYM. With MKXL finally being ported and coming in about three weeks, I wanted to see what you are most excited about and to share my hopes for some things.

For people who have XL on the ps4, the PC release may not be as big of a deal (besides the new patch) but PC has the modding scene and these three specific mods, if made properly, could be the ticket for me to go back to PC since I was a PC guy before.

1. Hair and hat in all variations on Erron's Bounty hunter costume- imagining default Erron hair and his hat in outlaw and marksman coupled with the sick design of his costume makes me so hype already.

2. Dead woods into living forest.
After looking through some mod requests, this one made so much sense. I mean the stage is literally perfect for the living forest. Granted I don't know how hard modding is, but if somehow we can edit the texture of the stage into green and brown, and changed the music that plays on it to the living forest theme, it will transform to my least liked stage to my most favorite stage :)

3. Classic skins for tremor and triborg- there are already classic tremor mods and they look so good. If the bugs and issues are ironed out they are downright perfect. Triborg I'm not sure how, but if it did happen omfg.

Those are the three main ones I'm excited about. What are yours?

P.S I know the patch is most important, but this is mainly about the PC and what it can bring in terms of unique content and stuff.
I'd rather have outlaw be bald, because the hair in this game is weird.