What's new

MKXL Balance Patch Confirmed (UPDATED)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
A good point, but I don't think Bo Rai cho is Vanilla Bane levels of bad.
Of course not, no one is or ever hopefully will be as bad as vanilla bane. It's the principle of it though. It is still lopsided; not unwinnable but certainly of clear issue.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Of course not, no one is or ever hopefully will be as bad as vanilla bane. It's the principle of it though. It is still lopsided; not unwinnable but certainly of clear issue.
Right, but in the case of Bo I think his mobility (or lackthereof) is intentional. Remember what over buffing Bane did?

I'd like to not see that with Bo.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Warrior/Hunter and Pyromancer are all good on this version lol.

Do you people actually play this game?
Warrior is definitely better than people give him credit for but the amount of people who wanted buffs...he might get them.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Remember what over buffing Bane did?

I'd like to not see that with Bo.
Made him a viable Top 8 character who couldn't come close to winning a major?

Shame on you Bane; you're not allowed to make Top 8's :p

Poor Ferra-Torr; he wasn't over-buffed correctly and is still struggling.

(And poor Kenshi too; over-buffed and still hoping a balance patch makes him viable again).

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Second sanity request, please stop acting like EVO, patches, and pot bonuses decide what games get played in tournament. It didn't before SFIV, it doesn't now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Made him a viable Top 8 character who couldn't come close to winning a major?

Shame on you Bane; you're not allowed to make Top 8's :p

Poor Ferra-Torr; he wasn't over-buffed correctly and is still struggling.

(And poor Kenshi too; over-buffed and still hoping a balance patch makes him viable again).
He could come close, but he could never seal the deal.

Also give it time, Shadaloo. There's still one more patch to make my man a monster.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Warrior/Hunter and Pyromancer are all good on this version lol.

Do you people actually play this game?
Pyromancer could actually do with one specific buff to really be viable. Less recovery frames on fireballs.

Tanya consistently loses out projectile trades on a ZONING intended variation. It's either a hit trade, or she can't block the trade but her opponent can. I think less recovery frames on fireballs is all she needs.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
I remember the struggle from back in the day...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy's favorite character...

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
This patch needs to be about universal stuff ( whiffing issues, bugs/glitch, etc) & little to no buffs/nerfs to characters only.

NRS was on the right track, when they changes things to the universal mechanics in The MKXL Patch.

CrazyFingers

This patch needs to be about universal stuff ( whiffing issues, bugs/glitch, etc) & little to no buffs/nerfs to characters only.

NRS was on the right track, when they changes things to the universal mechanics in The MKXL Patch.
This could work, but there are some things that need to be nerfed so i'd say a lot more nerfs than buffs for sure.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
That's what the Lao's said too
i dont use Mileena, i used to before she got buffs, after that i was like fuck that.

and yeah, All the Kung Laos and Quan Chis and Tanyas, and Tremors and Cyrax's said that.

I only know of a handful of Cyrax and Cyber sub mains other than myself left, and there is a few Kenshis including myself that have stuck it through but not many.

Seems in this Game XL Loyalists are a rarity.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
MKXL won't be at evo next year. And if it IS I'll swallow my words and be wrong

Our community is too small to bring the numbers they want and with injustice 2 LIKELY (if it doesn't release before evo, mkxl will be at evo) being released in April like most games, u can expect it to be the bigger pick for evo.

It doesn't matter how well mkx does number wise at tournaments it's about wb/nrs business agenda and selling inj2

Plus mkx would have to have better tournament numbers than all these games

GGXRD
Blazblue Central Fiction
Both smash bros
Pokken
KoF 14
SFV (yeah right lol)

Good luck lol

MadeOfMetal

Hope The following characters get buffs:

• Cyrax - gets F411 string and other mid, as well as launching armor.
  • Kenshi (Balanced and Kenjutsu) Both need help, Balanced is safer than Kenjutsu but they both lack in many ways we all know why. Kenjutsu needs BF2 safe, and DF1 safe, and less recovery on DB1.
  • Lao Hat Trick needs hat to not wiff when coming back and out. among many things that have been covered in so many threads.
  • CSZ: needs to have freeze startup be 5 frames faster, and add 5 frames of recovery to it. = fixed

I know there is more, but those are the ones i would really like to see buffed.

On another note:

How fucked up would it be if they did what they did last time to Cyrax and Cyber sub zero, this time they Nerf Alien, Mileena, Sonya, Tekada, Ermac. and then repeat what they did on last patch, nerf the following just in case they are broke like they did to CSZ and Cyrax: if so they would nerf, Johnny, D'vorah, Kung Jin, Jax, Cassie.

Wouldn't that be messed up if they nerfed those characters just in case they could be op in new tier shift? kinda like what they did to Cyber Sub Zero and Cyrax on 3-29-2016. Cuz what did he have like a few weeks to learn him then nerfed the ever living shit out of them before tournament cuz they had apatch 3 days before. and they even said they did it just in case things could be to broke before Tournament.

I would feel so bad for those mains.:(

not trying to scare anyone, just saying it happened before!

But im glad we getting them Buffs for who needs it.:)

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

No picking another variation which is the selling point of the entire game
i don't know where this whole idea of variations being useless is coming from, yes there is a handful of characters that do have shitty 3rd variations, but honestly many characters including top ones, change variation according to matchups. some even act like only variation to Mileena is Peircing and thats not the truth. Ethreal is Dope as fuck and gets out of shit, most characters could dream of doing.

So you solution to fixing high tech is to pick another character? Good to know.
Besides unless you want all the characters the same across the board
i don't know where this whole idea of variations being useless is coming from, yes there is a handful of characters that do have shitty 3rd variations, but honestly many characters including top ones, change variation according to matchups. some even act like only variation to Mileena is Peircing and thats not the truth. Ethreal is Dope as fuck and gets out of shit, most characters could dream of doing.
I agree thats why im telling panicmode to use a different variation vs takedas range instead of trying to buff high tech

MadeOfMetal

Besides unless you want all the characters the same across the board

I agree thats why im telling panicmode to use a different variation vs takedas range instead of trying to buff high tech
i would like to see high tech get some buffs. like maybe a chnge to the recovery of DB2, that is such an important special. and i enjoy using her. just some can punish that off of connected strings. very few TBH but still. there is also some changes that could halp that variation alone. like maybe having a better poke in that variation alone, would also help people gravitate to that variation more frequently.

but i agree.

i would like to see high tech get some buffs. like maybe a chnge to the recovery of DB2, that is such an important special. and i enjoy using her. just some can punish that off of connected strings. very few TBH but still. there is also some changes that could halp that variation alone. like maybe having a better poke in that variation alone, would also help people gravitate to that variation more frequently.

but i agree.
I guess you could make it faster but i think they made it that slow on purpose because she is too powerful shes not like flame fist or fisticuffs if she had better a fast buff like them with her frames people would be chipped to death all the time and if she had further reaching normals or pokes her pressure would be too much and i bet variationless jacqui could whip out 40% meterless i think shes perfect not in this game but for her intended design

CrazyFingers

Lab Tech Jaqui could get some love but we have to be careful because if we make it too easy to get to her disgusting set play she's going to top 5 and not in a good way either .