What's new

MKXL Balance Patch Confirmed (UPDATED)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If they're getting out zoned, doesn't that qualify as being outplayed?

If they're less skilled, wouldn't they fall into patterns?

I know the narrative is that keep away is "braindead," but define "less skilled?" How exactly do you measure that?

Flocko seems to have no trouble getting in on HQT,one of the best zoners in the business.
You could be as skilled as you want with vanilla Bane.

You're not getting in on a semi-competent vanilla Batman or Deathstroke.

Even the most skilled chef cannot make bread if you do not give him the dough to do it.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
So now that we're getting a patch at the end of the year, will MKXL be coexisting with Injustice 2 and will it be getting a 3rd year of tournaments?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So now that we're getting a patch at the end of the year, will MKXL be coexisting with Injustice 2 and will it be getting a 3rd year of tournaments?
If people play it, sure.

Realistically, probably not.

Since it won't be at EVO again, people will just focus on Injustice 2.

I said there'd be no news at EVO and that the news was the pot bonus, and I was right about that.
I said there'd be no KP3 and technically we can't ever count it out but it's unlikely.
I did NOT say there would FOR SURE/DEFINITELY be no patch coming, I said I didn't think there was one coming. What I DID say was that there was no concrete evidence/actual confirmation of the patch coming which up until now there wasn't.

Now you guys are twisting my words to try and find something to blow me up over? That's really sad. If you're going to blow me up at least make sure you're not blowing me up for something I never said. But you'll claim I did say it and you will, as per usual, not actually have any evidence to back it up with so when I call you out for making shit up you'll change the subject or start insulting me. Typical. Maybe make sure you're not misquoting next time?

At least we have ACTUAL confirmation now and people can sotp making assumptions which begs the question why didn't he just tell us this in the first place? This lack of communication just causes too many problems. But I guess this is a step in the right direction.
Could've taken it with dignity SMH TAKE IT TAKE IT

omooba

fear the moobs
100% of the people that are trash and sit on TYM to complain, will not actually play and improve because of this patch.

That's all I know.

Edit: Oh and i'm gonna bust all of my doubters asses with whatever character is shifted to top tier after Alien.
the only thing as good as a top player character loyalist is a top player tier whore who owns it giving no fucks

I agree. It's just to the point in some matchups were she can't poke, she can't whiff punish pokes, her mids get low profiled so she can't enforce plus frames and she has no way to make the opponent approach her.

Takeda for example, his blocking hitbox means that after blocking any of her strings into df2, or f12, s4 and d1 will whiff. Not to mention the massive challenge that is getting in on Takeda with his range and her lack of range anyways. A reflect buff and a d4 buff would fix these glaring issues without really breaking her.
but isnt that a matchup that you wouldnt use high tech in anyway

Oh Hell no. Can I just say I'm NOT happy for this? Just when I think I've finally got Ethereal and Ravenous down to a "T", this comes out? I'm already looking forward to seeing nerfed characters get horribly worse or the "OMG staph" top tiers, receive courtesy tickle-- "nerfs".

Necromancer, MOS, Unbreakable, Hat Trick, Warrior/Hunter, Pyromancer will still be left like crap.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You could be as skilled as you want with vanilla Bane.

You're not getting in on a semi-competent vanilla Batman or Deathstroke.

Even the most skilled chef cannot make bread if you do not give him the dough to do it.
A good point, but I don't think Bo Rai cho is Vanilla Bane levels of bad.