What's new

MKXL Balance Patch Confirmed (UPDATED)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Yeah, you can fight for your friends all you want. But the level you're taking it to is absurd, dude. You're way too adamant about these changes that he "needs" that are based off of your friends' opinions.

As I said before: Let them come here and present the argument themselves instead of you doing it for them.
obviously i don't see anything wrong with him having a HKD overhead or i wouldn t fight for it. some may think he is ment for other things, but in this meta either adapt to what everryone else has or die trying.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You don't need to always agree with your friends on everything, you can have casual disagreements. If you don't think plus on block high damaging 50/50s are fair then you can say so. I disagree with other Sub players for a multitude of reasons but that doesn't mean i hate them or aren't friendly with them or anything. It's a dumb game at the end of the day, you shouldn't really need to worry about defending you friend over a video game character. It's fine.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
That's not the kind of archetype Cybernetic is supposed to be. All he needs is B1 back and more damage on the knives. Not all characters need to be the same. My character has literally two plus things in his entire arsenal, one of which requires meter. That isn't a problem though because he isn't meant to be a pressure character. Cybernetic isn't supposed to mix or pressure. It is about space control and staggers. What should be buffed is his space control (knife damage) and staggers (make B1 better on block) and Cybernetic is fine.
QoL buffs to make his neutral better would be nice like the ones I suggested, since, yknow, characters like JC, Alien, D'vorah, etc. exist.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Cybernetic is fun as hell. I wish his style was more common in MKX overall, but that's not the game. This discussion seems to get into differences in philosophy as far as nerfs and buffs.

Giving Cyber an overhead would lean towards the philosophy of buffing characters to compete with tools of some busted characters (I understand an OH plant isn't crazy). The opposing philosophy would be to improve Cyber by bringing those top 4-6 characters' mix-up tools down to Earth a little and leave Cyber alone. I've always preferred the latter. I'd personally have more fun with a game full of B-tiers rather than a game full of S-tiers.

Like everyone has already said. Make cyber's b1 better. He is already really good in the neutral with great pokes and safe frames. His b1 staggers would open up his pressure game. Make knives do more damage on block and hit. Also, if jump-in punches are nerfed cyber gets a de facto buff allowing him to do solid meterless aa damage across the cast. I want his game plan to get stronger, where I control space on the screen like this character was meant to. It's upsetting trying to bait jumps after winning the spacing game only to get stuffed by alien, Sonya, sub (on cross-ups), Kotal etc.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
i get it, and it frustrates me the same. to me i see where the Kanos have come from. they where shit, now they get strong tools, now everyone wants to put him down to mid tier.

trust me i play Kenshi and Cyrax, i know how fucking bullshit Sonya, Alien, Cassie, Johnny, CT, Takeda and many others are. i deal with it every time at what feels like a huge disadvantage. but at the same time, its been that way for ever, and i feel its kin da the game. and ive moved on to accept it. i would just like buffs for my characters, cuz they need it. most the people i play do not understand the importance of strong mids, and why Kenshi and Cyrax suck neutral up close, and why Kenshi is easy to get in on. Cyrax is special to me, but i have to admit, because he has HTB's alot of players feel he is Awesome. trust me he is not, when i get those HTB's my feeling is damn they don't know the matchup, they have no clue how easy it is to escape those.

for Cyrax to Zone he needs to rely on EX Buzzsaw, thats his zoning tool, cuz bombs startup hella slow and recover for longer than a second, its like please run in on me block my Net and full combo punish me. and whe n you get in, well you knwo what happends. he is shit up close.

whats worse is he is only a little bit away from being great. but he is so shity where he is.

A launching Teleport and Mid would fix him in my eyes.

Kenshi though needs Faster D4, RK to startup quicker with better hitbox, and TeleFlurry needs better tracking so last hit will not wiff, and better recovery on OH SLash and Tele FLurry. maybe being able to Special cancel off F4 but all in all thats all he really needs. and he is Super. not far from top after those adjustments.

but yeah i get how its dumb to have Plus on block mixups. i get how its dumb to have EX kuni dictate the entire match, i get how its dumb to have a mixup power house like Sonya, be able to have both Setups and MAssive rushdown because she has Detonate or they don't go away on hit.
I don't want CT to be nerfed to the ground, but he rly needs to be toned down. I play my fare share of kanos all variations and CT is stupid. I enjoy playing commando the most. The splat overhead would be cool but not needed. I would take the old b1 back instead of a splat overhead for so many reasons