What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

trufenix

bye felicia
Not sure who, but congratulations whoever, you've finally made Scorpion an interesting member of the cast. I'm beginning to have serious doubts Raiden is going to make it through MKX alive. I'm also officially changing my last boss prediction from Skarlet to Havik.

Yes, I know that. But Sub-Zero killed Scorpion, right? In some temple, correct? So did Quan Chi go to that temple, get Scorpion's decapitated head, disguise himself as Bi Han, and take him in front of his wife and son?

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense lol.
You're making perfect sense, until today there was an inconsistency between the way Mythologies presents Hanzo's death (in the temple) and the way the comic presented it (in Shirai Ryu town with his family). Unless they've officially re-written Mythologies, its clear (IT WASN'T MEEEEEEEE happens in both cases) that Quan doctored Hanzo's memories when he became Scorpion.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Not sure who, but congratulations whoever, you've finally made Scorpion an interesting member of the cast. I'm beginning to have serious doubts Raiden is going to make it through MKX alive. I'm also officially changing my last boss prediction from Skarlet to Havik.

You're making perfect sense, until today there was an inconsistency between the way Mythologies presents Hanzo's death (in the temple) and the way the comic presented it (in Shirai Ryu town with his family). Unless they've officially re-written Mythologies, its clear (IT WASN'T MEEEEEEEE happens in both cases) that Quan doctored Hanzo's memories when he became Scorpion.
Raiden will be fine. We see him in the story trailer when takeda is all grown up and he has his shit together

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Yeah, I definitely think Quan Chi has messed with his head. It's just weird that the vision Quan Chi shows Scorpion in MK9 is different from Scorpions memory of it in the comic. I personally like the comic version better 'cause it is way more messed up. So, I won't mind if they retconned that small element.

Plus if they meet again Bi Han can be all like "Naw dog. I didn't kill yo fam, and I ripped out yo bitch ass spine in the temple, remember? Yo memory is wack. Gettin' all delusional in shit."

Scorpion be all like "Daaamn, son. You right, you right. I smell a funky ass mystery on our hands!"

Then Bi-Han and Scorpion put on their Sherlock Holmes hats and through some supreme skills of deduction they discover it was Quan Chi all along!

Then Quan be like "Shit-ninja-damn! I would've gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you pesky ninja's and your dope ass detective skills."

Bi Han gets all mad an be like "Scorpion is a ninja, I'm Lin Kuei, bitch!" /TagTeamFatality

Fin.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yeah, I definitely think Quan Chi has messed with his head. It's just weird that the vision Quan Chi shows Scorpion in MK9 is different from Scorpions memory of it in the comic. I personally like the comic version better 'cause it is way more messed up. So, I won't mind if they retconned that small element.

Plus if they meet again Bi Han can be all like "Naw dog. I didn't kill yo fam, and I ripped out yo bitch ass spine in the temple, remember? Yo memory is wack. Gettin' all delusional in shit."

Scorpion be all like "Daaamn, son. You right, you right. I smell a funky ass mystery on our hands!"

Then Bi-Han and Scorpion put on their Sherlock Holmes hats and through some supreme skills of deduction they discover it was Quan Chi all along!

Then Quan be like "Shit-ninja-damn! I would've gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you pesky ninja's and your dope ass detective skills."

Bi Han gets all mad an be like "Scorpion is a ninja, I'm Lin Kuei, bitch!" /TagTeamFatality

Fin.
Do they get to ride around in a shady looking van... cause then I'm down...

trufenix

bye felicia
Well its actually double stupid because Quan doesn't show Scorpion the vision until after he has already brought him to the Netherrrealm and beat him in a fight and decided not to kill him. Quan shows him the vision and thats when he decides to kill Sub. It only worked before because Scorpion wasn't there. Now we're supposed to accept that Scorpion just didn't remember how he died until years later? Or did he believe he died one way and then Quan just convinced him it was another way in order to kill Sub Zero? Or worse, they're just erasing the whole I'm not going to kill him angle entirely.

One of his Quan vs lines in MKX does say "You betrayed me!" so odds are 25 years later, Scorpion has finally figured it all the fuck out but I don't think you ever make friends with the dude who ripped your head off. There is no amount of high fives or bro fists that fixes that.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Well its actually double stupid because Quan doesn't show Scorpion the vision until after he has already brought him to the Netherrrealm and beat him in a fight and decided not to kill him. Quan shows him the vision and thats when he decides to kill Sub. It only worked before because Scorpion wasn't there. Now we're supposed to accept that Scorpion just didn't remember how he died until years later? Or did he believe he died one way and then Quan just convinced him it was another way in order to kill Sub Zero? Or worse, they're just erasing the whole I'm not going to kill him angle entirely.
It's definitely dumb. Hopefully they shed some light on why it's different either in the game or the comic.

One of his Quan vs lines in MKX does say "You betrayed me!" so odds are 25 years later, Scorpion has finally figured it all the fuck out but I don't think you ever make friends with the dude who ripped your head off. There is no amount of high fives or bro fists that fixes that.
Good point on the quote. And yeah, that was all a joke. I don't think they are going to actually become homies. But I could see a temporary alliance (assuming Bi Han is even in the story/game) to rip Quan a new one for manipulating both of them into becoming his lap dogs. Enemy of my enemy is my ally type of situation.

trufenix

bye felicia
Raiden will be fine. We see him in the story trailer when takeda is all grown up and he has his shit together
well, I mean I think he's going to be one of the deaths in story mode. Obviously not everyone is making it out of this game alive and they're probably going to try and pull some shockers like mk9. If someone majors gotta go, I'd think the not so useful anymore and constantly putting everybody in danger thunder god is a prime candidate. Kotal hates him, Scorpion hates him, Quan hates him, whoever these daggers belong to is using him. I say Its time for Raiden to fucking go.

trufenix

bye felicia
Good point on the quote. And yeah, that was all a joke. I don't think they are going to actually become homies. But I could see a temporary alliance (assuming Bi Han is even in the story/game) to rip Quan a new one for manipulating both of them into becoming his lap dogs. Enemy of my enemy is my ally type of situation.
Oh, I get the joke. Ever since those rumors about the "Fire & Ice" Shaolin Monks type game came and went I've wanted to see a Sub / Scorp reconcilliation / team up too. One of my dream scenarios for the MKX plot was that after Shinnok returns and lays waste to the realms, Scorp and Noob finally realize they've both been duped by Quan and team up to overthrow / takeover the Brotherhood of Shadow. Alas, NRS just can't get enough of random resurrections so here's to yet another game about Raiden leading a rag tag bunch of Earthrealm heroes into the wastes of outworld to find a mystic artifact and overthrow a mysterious tyrant

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Oh, I get the joke. Ever since those rumors about the "Fire & Ice" Shaolin Monks type game came and went I've wanted to see a Sub / Scorp reconcilliation / team up too. One of my dream scenarios for the MKX plot was that after Shinnok returns and lays waste to the realms, Scorp and Noob finally realize they've both been duped by Quan and team up to overthrow / takeover the Brotherhood of Shadow. Alas, NRS just can't get enough of random resurrections so here's to yet another game about Raiden leading a rag tag bunch of Earthrealm heroes into the wastes of outworld to find a mystic artifact and overthrow a mysterious tyrant
I really wish that would have happened. I really enjoyed Shaolin Monks. Even a Kuai Liang and Scorpion team up would be sweet. Kinda like Kuai's MK9 ending

trufenix

bye felicia
I really wish that would have happened. I really enjoyed Shaolin Monks. Even a Kuai Liang and Scorpion team up would be sweet. Kinda like Kuai's MK9 ending
yeah, i mean Noob makes more sense plot wise because now Noob and Scorpion literally have the same origin story but I don't think Noob is a big enough character to hang with Scorp on the gamestop shelves. Same reason they've been showing us Sub in his alt for over a year when they know full well he probably doesn't even look like that but for a couple minutes in story mode.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
"gimmie"

if this was a rough transltion from another language i could understand that, but if English is your first language that's just not acceptable. even if you arent familiar with the character you can tell if that's appropriate dialogue or not. its minor but, stuff like this makes me wonder if the writer has any sense at all.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
IIRC, when they show the factions, they show the white lotus faction with this stage as a background:
But I agree it is a dragon's egg ...and the White Lotus are protecting it from the bad guys imo.

That is clearly a bell.

You can clearly see the rope wrapped around it's handle and it' flat bottom and the fact that it is off of the ground in the Subzero picture there.

---

Seeing as how this blood code stuff involves Quan Chi, and Quan Chi's stage in MKX literally has a pool of blood with some sort of flesh/blood demon in it, I think "thing" is what's causing all of this trouble.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
That is clearly a bell.

You can clearly see the rope wrapped around it's handle and it' flat bottom and the fact that it is off of the ground in the Subzero picture there.

---

Seeing as how this blood code stuff involves Quan Chi, and Quan Chi's stage in MKX literally has a pool of blood with some sort of flesh/blood demon in it, I think "thing" is what's causing all of this trouble.
Maybe (and I'm forcing it a little bit here) they were hidding the egg, they get the egg into the bell so nobody could identify it. The pool of blood I think is an attempt to revive Shao Kahn or Onaga, Shao Kahn seems most likely butI would prefer to see Onaga in MKX.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think Quan probably went in there after Bi-Han killed Scorpion, did his thing and offed his family taking advantage of feud with Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei. In MKM the way the player kills Sub-Zero didn't happen "exactly in that way" what I mean is the canon is Sub kills Scorpion, then takes the map and leaves. What we don't see is what happened after. Quan Chi comes and goes as he pleases via portals remember, he easily could have took Scorp's head, killed his family and burnt down the temple etc AFTER Bi-Han left then when he resurrected Scorpion, he fed him that bullshit which he figured Scorpion would easily believe given how Scorpion knew Sub-Zero had just killed him.

That's how I see it. Little confusing but makes sense to the MK fan who's been following since MK 1 time.

True, I think though Raiden can easily beat Scorpion. He already did in MK 9 in Netherrealm. He's just currently possessed not acting in his right mind which leaves me to believe it's the One Being, I mean to possess someone like Raiden you'd have to be damn powerful, I don't think it's Quan-Chi personally. Raiden will probably snap out of it, what concerns me is we don't see Fujin....hope Raiden didn't kill him lol. And given as how the daggers curse people and apparently amps your powers, i'm guessing that's how Sub will freeze an entire city lol in upcoming issues.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
These comics really make me wish DC would just make their own MK non canon ongoing comic series. It would just be really fun to see all the different characters and insane stories they could make without the constraints of it being a prequel or promotional tie in to the game. Or maybe a "shadows of the empire" type thing thing where we actually see what events happened during this 20 some years between mk9 and now. Or make a story about one of the characters going back in time and again altering the original tournament again and go from there.

That is clearly a bell.

---

Egg or not, the storyline with the comic and trailer all points to the dragon king imo. Kamidogus, li mei in the trailer, and i imagine we'll see shujinko shortly.

But i still want to believe its an egg. I think they put alot of focus on it in screen shots and in the trailer. Until it gets deconfirmed, thats what im going with.

Chaosrealm definitely has a part in the 25 year gap aswell.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
No.

It is a bell.

What are you guys going to say next? Subzero is yellow and bananas are red? Snakes are watermelons and horses are refrigerators?

Last edited:

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I actually didn't like this issue. I'm assuming it's because I looked at the previews (which showed the meat of the issue) but really I think I'm done getting each teeny digital copy. I'll just wait for each subsequent volume.

The Fox = Havik theory is interesting but he's pretty much dead isn't he?

trufenix

bye felicia
I actually didn't like this issue. I'm assuming it's because I looked at the previews (which showed the meat of the issue) but really I think I'm done getting each teeny digital copy. I'll just wait for each subsequent volume.

The Fox = Havik theory is interesting but he's pretty much dead isn't he?
Unless he was able to recover from being burned to ash, then crawl out of a pile of bodies, then sew both halves of himself back together then yeah, he's dead.