What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welpppppppp

First and foremost, best guy ever free @DownfouralitY

Now onto the comic plot-related stuff

Cryptic tweet that probably has meaning I can't be bothered figuring out about Hanzo's story being retconned or if there's a reason it's different in the comics:

Will we see Kabal in the comics? No, but it's possible that he may be included past Volume 3!

Speaking of coloured Dragon clansmen, what happened to Mavado during his fight with Kano and Erron? We'll find out soon!

HAVIK RELATED TROLL TWEET

Speaking of Deception characters, will we ever find out what happens to Shujinko? Most likely!

Lastly, a reaffirmation about the old Kamidogu symbols on the new Kamidogu daggers. Is there a reason for the old Outworld Kamidogu symbol appearing on the new Order Kamidogu dagger?

MK Led

Umbasa
I actually didn't like this issue. I'm assuming it's because I looked at the previews (which showed the meat of the issue) but really I think I'm done getting each teeny digital copy. I'll just wait for each subsequent volume.

The Fox = Havik theory is interesting but he's pretty much dead isn't he?
I think Fox is dead but I'm sure the demon who possessed him is still kicking around, Raiden sure seemed to think so.

trufenix

bye felicia
Has anyone asked if an explanation will be given for why the kamidogu sigils are now daggers? Is that a thing to come or just a retcon?

Youphemism

Has anyone asked if an explanation will be given for why the kamidogu sigils are now daggers? Is that a thing to come or just a retcon?
What do you mean sigils? Shawn already said that the new Kamidaggers are completely different from the old Kamidogu if that helps.

Youphemism

Sounds like Hanzo's story is still that Quan Chi somehow made him think Sub killed his family/clan, he just doesn't know it yet. So the story he recounts to Takeda is false, but he believes it's true.
I just watched Scorpion and Quan Chi's MKX intro dialogue and I'm wondering what they're talking about, maybe Scorpion finds out it was Quan at some point? Maybe Quan manipulates Scorpion into doing something? Hurting someone he doesn't want to hurt?
Scorpion: "You betrayed me Quan Chi."
Quan Chi: "Your rage betrayed you."
Scorpion: "Enough!"

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I actually didn't like this issue. I'm assuming it's because I looked at the previews (which showed the meat of the issue) but really I think I'm done getting each teeny digital copy. I'll just wait for each subsequent volume.

The Fox = Havik theory is interesting but he's pretty much dead isn't he?
Yeah that was a waste of an issue, especially if you were aware of Scorps backstory already.

Youphemism

I'm actually super excited for the next chapter, sounds busy! I mean suddenly
Raiden and Scorpion are working together?! To save Takeda from the Netherrealm?! Wtf happened?! How did Raiden get back to himself? Never mind Takeda being taken :confused:
MORTAL KOMBAT X CHAPTER #11 SUMMARY:
Scorpion and Raiden must work together to save Takeda from the Netherrealm's grip. Plus: What happenned to Sub-Zero? And what's REALLY going on with the Kamidogu daggers? All will be revealed!
Yeah that was a waste of an issue, especially if you were aware of Scorps backstory already.
Not really a waste...a waste for us maybe since we already know. It's more for the casuals who don't know much about MK I'd say.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm actually super excited for the next chapter, sounds busy! I mean suddenly
Raiden and Scorpion are working together?! To save Takeda from the Netherrealm?! Wtf happened?! How did Raiden get back to himself? Never mind Takeda being taken :confused:
MORTAL KOMBAT X CHAPTER #11 SUMMARY:
Scorpion and Raiden must work together to save Takeda from the Netherrealm's grip. Plus: What happenned to Sub-Zero? And what's REALLY going on with the Kamidogu daggers? All will be revealed!

Not really a waste...a waste for us maybe since we already know. It's more for the casuals who don't know much about MK I'd say.
That's what I meant, but you are right.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Im amazed how many people think Fox is from importance and dont see he was just a generic Shirai Ryu used to move Scorpions and Takedas story forward.
he wouldn't have been established like that if it was sole reason. ive seen this trope played out numerous times the only difference is he was killed on screen which would mean something, if this wasn't MK.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
yeah but does havik seem particularly "alive" to you?
But Havik wasn't exactly split in half and burned into ash but it is MK so anything goes.

Im amazed how many people think Fox is from importance and dont see he was just a generic Shirai Ryu used to move Scorpions and Takedas story forward.
he wouldn't have been established like that if it was sole reason. ive seen this trope played out numerous times the only difference is he was killed on screen which would mean something, if this wasn't MK.
He actually wasn't that generic. He had a name, some semblance of a story and a connection to the main characters. Granted he could also just have been story fodder to get the plot in motion (which is important enough).

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
But Havik wasn't exactly split in half and burned into ash but it is MK so anything goes.

He actually wasn't that generic. He had a name, some semblance of a story and a connection to the main characters. Granted he could also just have been story fodder to get the plot in motion (which is important enough).
i feel like if that was his main purpose though he didn't need any of the earlier stuff. so far nobody introduced in the comics thats new has been that unimportant i have little reason to believe he would be either

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
i feel like if that was his main purpose though he didn't need any of the earlier stuff. so far nobody introduced in the comics thats new has been that unimportant i have little reason to believe he would be either
Well, what they gave us was enough to make us feel like he was someone we should care about...and then he got slaughtered. It could very well be a case of a really quick version of the Psycho trope where we follow a character around thinking he/she would be important only for them to die.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
That's usually when they try to trick you into thinking someone is the main protagonist though, that was never attempted with Fox